• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Job's view of the resurrection

• Members

Job 19:23-29 ¶ Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! 24 That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! 25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. 28 But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me? 29 Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath bringeth the punishments of the sword, that ye may know there is a judgment.

Job is the oldest book in the Bible. Job lived and died before Moses was born, so he never read the Law nor the Prophets.  And yet, look at all the things that Job knew. He knew he had an ever living redeemer that would stand upon the earth in the latter day. (Vs 25) Job expected to meet his redeemer face to face, eyeball to eyeball, in the flesh even if he died first. (Vs26) Job knew that he would be resurrected! These are some very specific promises that we can read in our Bibles and in both the Old and New Testaments, but Job knew these things before any of our scriptures had been written.

What do you think?

• Members
8 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I think you are spot on, not bad for someone from the North Shore :15_1_63:

Thanks. I went home several years ago and heard a real estate commercial for some property in the "prestigious north shore". I thought that there must be some other north shore. ? 

• Administrators

It is probably because of close proximity to water in the form of the ocean. Although Peabody is not oceanfront, it is reasonably close, making it desirable on the real estate market.

I know real estate in Gloucester is outrageous, price wise. Most of that is because of waterfront and some because of the artistic history of the place.