• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hebrews 6:4-6 Eternal security

• Members

Hebrews 6:4-6 was a passage that worried me for a long time until someone showed me the importance of the the first 4 words, "for it is impossible". Here is the passage.

Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Notice the descriptions of people that follows "for it is impossible". Each phrase is joined by the conjunction 'and' , I believe, these phrases should be combined,  not separated. Together they paint an impressive description of a Christian. Inescapable really. 

Now verse 6 says they cannot be renewed to repentance, because that would put Christ to an open shame.

Conclusion: It is impossible for a Christian to lose his salvation.  I welcome comments, questions, and criticism. Thank you.