• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer Requests

Go to solution Solved by Jim_Alaska,

• Members

I have a follow up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Monday morning. He doesn't think I will need surgery, but he's stated that I'll probably need extensive therapy to regain some of the use of my left arm. I am a little apprehensive about going through another long period of therapy only to once again being disappointed. It's all in the Lord's hands.

Then, on May 28th I have the rest of the teeth in my mouth pulled and will be getting my immediate dentures. I kept my teeth longer than both of my parents, which I praise the Lord for. I'm sort of nervous, as I have had some very bad experiences at the dentist office over the years. They're going to have to "twilight" sedate me. I would greatly appreciate your prayers. 

• Administrators
  • Solution

Its not bad Tony. I had mine done when I was 45, I am 80 now and don't regret having them done and never have. You will be so glad you did it once it heals and you find you can eat anything. They will put you out to pull them all.

From personal experience and as a possible help; you may want to try not using any type of denture adhesive. I used it for a few years and hated the process of having to scrape off the adhesive every night.

On the advice of a friend that had dentures, I tried not using any adhesive and was amazed that after I got used to it, they stayed put just fine and I could eat anything.

• Members
4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Its not bad Tony. I had mine done when I was 45, I am 80 now and don't regret having them done and never have. You will be so glad you did it once it heals and you find you can eat anything. They will put you out to pull them all.

From personal experience and as a possible help; you may want to try not using any type of denture adhesive. I used it for a few years and hated the process of having to scrape off the adhesive every night.

On the advice of a friend that had dentures, I tried not using any adhesive and was amazed that after I got used to it, they stayed put just fine and I could eat anything.

Thanks, Jim. My mom also made that recommendation the other day. She's also 80, and she had to get dentures at the age of 21. She and my biological father both were part of a tooth paste study for Crest back in the 1950s, and they both had to have their teeth removed and dentures to replace them. I just turned 61 on May 3, and I have had an opportunity to joke with them both that their participation in that study was passed on to me and that Crest gave me the protection they should have had! Lol ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Update... Well, I have my new dentures. My face is black and blue and I have a bottom plate that keeps slipping. But, that's normal for now. I'm having to learn to adjust to these new plates and how they're different from my own teeth. I have to wear the plates until May 26th before removing them. The dentist wants to do that and will check on how my gums are healing. It's been quite an experience... I'm only able to eat really soft foods and soup. That won't hurt me any, though.  Please pray that I can adjust quickly to these changes and be able to get my speech back on track. I've got some recording to do pretty soon, so I will need to be in top voice and speech.

Thanks in advance.

BT

• Administrators

My mom ate big marshmallows and then graduated to soda crackers - probably not a good idea to try until your dentist checks to see how things are going. I'm glad you've got them, hope your face heals up quickly (if you can get hold of some catnip tea, you can soak a cloth in it and hold it to your face - it helps bruises clear up).

Praying for you.