• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dress to impress do people still do this?

Go to solution Solved by BrotherTony,

• Members

As the world keep dressing down, and as time change, to look more the norm. Do people still dress to impress, I see pastors wearing nice jackets, over a dark T-shirt. Amazing, women’s are wearing pants more than ever before. You have to tell your teenage son, to ask his girlfriend has she ever worn a dress before? This might sound like a joke to some, but it is happening. Sadly. They are good people, but what is going on.

• Members
  • Solution
9 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

As the world keep dressing down, and as time change, to look more the norm. Do people still dress to impress, I see pastors wearing nice jackets, over a dark T-shirt. Amazing, women’s are wearing pants more than ever before. You have to tell your teenage son, to ask his girlfriend has she ever worn a dress before? This might sound like a joke to some, but it is happening. Sadly. They are good people, but what is going on.

Though I believe it is a good thing to "dress to impress," I believe a lot of people pay far too much attention to what everyone else is wearing. If one is dressing to impress everyone else to gain their approval, then they're doing it for the wrong reasons. Do I believe a pastor should be dressed like a professional? Yes, I do. Pastors are held to a higher standard, and I have to say, personally I have a problem with taking a pastor seriously if he doesn't care enough to look professional. Does this mean that a pastor is necessarily doing something wrong by not dressing in a suit and tie? No, of course not. God blesses the preaching of his word regardless. We as Christians have to remember that we are Ambassadors of Christ. We should try to look the part if possible.

• Members
On 5/3/2023 at 9:05 PM, TheGloryLand said:

IMG_0456.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 5/12/2023 at 3:17 PM, Pastor Matt said:

Wearing a suit when I preach reminds me of the need for humility and surrender in my role as a pastor. I recognize that the pulpit is not a platform for personal acclaim or self-promotion but an opportunity to humbly serve God. For me it is more of an act of surrendering my own preferences, seeking to align my appearance with the reverence that God deserves.

Other pastors can dress how they please, but for me, I'm not going to dress better for weddings and funerals than I am when I'm delivering God's message.

How about if the a/c is broken. Will you take your tie off. Keeping your jacket on.