• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What church do you attend, I’m a non-denominational?

Go to solution Solved by John Young,

• Members

Telling anyone one that you’re a non-denominational Christian. This tells me, that this Christian, is open to making changes at any moment, willing to accept or not accept, depending on where they stand that day. I believe talking in tongues today but not tomorrow. A little bit confusing in my opinion.

• Members

I know many who are non-denominational who are living holy, acceptable, on-fire lives, filled with the Holy Spirit. Are they perfect? No...Are they confused about where they stand on the Bible, or where they believe the Holy Spirit has led them? No. Many of them are living more holy, fruitful lives than many of the Baptists I know today, including myself at times. Being non-denominational doesn't mean one is a heretic or ungodly.  

• Members
  • Solution

Many Baptist, myself included, consider themselves Non/Anti-Denominational as well. We simply use things like Independant, Fundamental, Baptist, to indicate our local church's faith and particular doctrine and not as group a group to be holden to in some subservient hierarchy. Though sadly many do fall into the trap of treating their particular fellowship of churches as a defacto denomination.

Edited by John Young

• Members

What do you think about Baptist churches, that are now trying to please everyone.

Example: traditional service, 10 AM Hymns, Older folks, 

1 AM service contemporary, light on drums. Younger folks worshiping. Middle-age.

3 pm service hard rock, night ? owls getting up, heavy metal worshiping. Teen worship.

The new Baptist mega church. Old traditional Baptist churches, seem like they are not having this problems or changes.

I don’t agree or like mega churches, and I don’t like this way of worshiping, with all these division.

should these modern changes be excepted in the Baptist church?