• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Little Asher and Mounting Excitement

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I met my only grandson for the first time yesterday. We flew my daughter in from Cali and I'm enjoying my time with my girls. 

Praying for a safe delivery

I saw that picture of you with him. Such happy grandpa! I imagine Trish is over the moon also.

Thank you both for praying.

• Members
2 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Nothing yet....

Today is the official due date. But we all know babies "due" when they're gonna do! ?

Well, we're praying this baby doesn't keep momma or grandma waiting to awfully long. ? We know y'all are ready for his arrival! 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

any news yet?

We had a guest speaker in church today

Screenshot 2023-04-30 191959.png

Awww...I bet he was great! ?  No news...she was in  church today, nothing happening. Our members all chose dates for end of April for Asher's birth - whoever was correct Grandma and Grandpa DePriest were gonna take out to dinner. But, since he's now officially late, we did it again. This time, the theme was "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date." heehee...we shall see if he makes an appearance soon. It's not uncommon to go 10 days to two weeks late on the first baby. So I chose Mother's Day. lol

• Members
On 4/28/2023 at 8:02 PM, HappyChristian said:

Well, tomorrow is the official due date for our grandson. I am so excited my tummy hurts. lol.  I cannot wait to hold the little booger.   If you think about it, could you pray for  a safe delivery and health for both mommy and baby? Thanks in advance.

Asher is the name of my nephew's only son.

• Administrators

So labor started early this morning. She was having a home birth. But Asher's heart rate dipped, so they had to get her to the hospital (ambulance came). She is currently undergoing a c-section, so any time now Asher will make his appearance.

• Members
3 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

So labor started early this morning. She was having a home birth. But Asher's heart rate dipped, so they had to get her to the hospital (ambulance came). She is currently undergoing a c-section, so any time now Asher will make his appearance.

Praying, and excited for y'all!

• Administrators

Well, I have had a busy, busy day! Not as busy as Sarah, but still...

Little Asher was born at 9:04 this morning. The surgery was quite rough on Sarah, so when we got there after noon, she was in a good bit of  pain. They were giving her some stuff that helped so that she was a bit more lively by the time we left. God is so good - when I think that we could have lost both of them! He was wedged and couldn't get out. C-sections are normally a last resort, and I praise God for the technology and ability we have available to us.

So we were there for a little over 2 hours, and boy did I get to hold him. He is so adorable!  Thank you so much for your prayers - please continue to pray for Sarah. She has to stay in hospital for 48-72 hours, for which we are thankful so she can get the care she needs. Josh's boss has let him off (here in WA it's law that men have to be given family leave time), so he will be with her the entire time she is in there. He takes such sweet care of her.

Heh - while Randy was holding Asher, Josh said he was about to fight someone so he could get his baby back. heehee...he kind of likes his dude!

Here are some photos.  First one was taken not too long after Asher was born. He is on his daddy's chest, and the phone was quite close, making him look much bigger than he actually is. He is 19 1/2 inches long and 6 lb 12 oz. Quite a little guy (bigger than his daddy, though, at 4 lb and a few oz, 18 in long).  Second pic is him holding my finger. Yes, that is a look of adoration on my face. Third pic is proud grandpa. Fourth is the three of us. 

-770122011294860312.jpg

IMG_20230502_131746285.jpg

IMG_20230502_132006909.jpg

IMG_20230502_141236190_HDR.jpg