• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Unrestrained Growth of Outcome-based-religion

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi! This is my first post on this site. I am an ordained Southern Baptist minister. I have pastored for 20years, and during that time I have watched modern evangelicalism erode the mission of the local church to the point, I have no joy in attending church due to the focus of church ministry on the felt needs of man and his delicate psychological make-up. I have preached for 20 years Biblical doctrine and Biblical truths that the New Paradigm Church refuses to embrace. Sadly, I think the church is positioned to embrace the teachings of the man of sin, because it will be palatable to what he has come to understand as God's blessings on the neo-20th-21st century Christian. Understanding that the Anti-christ will come out publicly against "same-sex marriage, abortion, homo-sexuality etc. And because many in the church have not been equipped in the truths and understandings of spirit discernment will be none the wiser. Just like the Republican party, the Anti-christ will play the church like a master violinist.
Therefore, the only hope for true born-again Christians is to grow into maturity and obtain a spirit of discernment. "FOR EVERYONE THAT USETH MILK IS UNSKILLFUL IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS: FOR HE IS A BABE. BUT STRONG MEAT BELONGETH TO THEM THAT ARE OF FULL AGE, THOSE WHO BY REASON OF USE HAVE THEIR SENSES EXERCISED TO DISCERN BOTH GOOD AND EVIL" Bros. and sisters, please understand I am not a disgruntled church member or pastor, but it so frustrating to attend church and receive another dispensing of milk in order to appease the outsiders who may be offended or not understand the deeper teachings of saving faith. This is of course the foundation of Out-come-based religion. Employ whatever means necessary to achieve the desired result. Numbers and rapid growth. I hope their are others out there who are tired of Out-come based religion.

Your Bro. in Christ

• Members

welcome and amen. This man-centered gospel is not the gospel of salvation. Pragmatism is running wild, but because of the error of the seeker-sensitive model there is now an even more insidious movement, emergent. Same old heresy, different name. I pray everyday that the gospel will be put back on the front burner, but studying the bible I realize that things are going to get worse. But God does have a remnant that still stands on the word and still shouts from the hilltops repent and accept the Lord.

• Members

The outcome based or seeker friendly church is a way to grow a church. How much of that growth is acutally saved. I can not say. There are undoubtedly some. But one such church has already admitted that it is not a way to grow disciples. Disciples are grown only through good solid doctrinal preaching. That which skirts the issues of doctirne does not bring spiritual growth nor create disciples. The scriptural admonition to come out from among them and be ye separate is appropriatae in this case. I would rather be the pastor of 10 doctrinallly solid disciples than to pastor a 1,000 wishy washy wonder if they are saved types.

There is nothing spiritual about being small. But a small group of the right kind and taught the right doctrine will not stay small.

• Members
The outcome based or seeker friendly church is a way to grow a church. How much of that growth is acutally saved. I can not say. There are undoubtedly some. But one such church has already admitted that it is not a way to grow disciples. Disciples are grown only through good solid doctrinal preaching. That which skirts the issues of doctirne does not bring spiritual growth nor create disciples. The scriptural admonition to come out from among them and be ye separate is appropriatae in this case. I would rather be the pastor of 10 doctrinallly solid disciples than to pastor a 1,000 wishy washy wonder if they are saved types.

There is nothing spiritual about being small. But a small group of the right kind and taught the right doctrine will not stay small.

Amen, so true.

Guest Guest

The modern church direction: away from truth towards the big binky!

When will these seminaries quit pumping out these limpwristed yella cowards that are afraid to preach on specific sin, repentance, holiness, and the new creature? Not only are we seeing this in what we call "liberal" denominations, we see it in the so-called fundamental churches that once was the trumpet of truth in the community.

More and more 'preachers' are taking their spot behind the sacred desk that are Mama, daddy, or money called. The first thing they want to know when they get moved in to the area is where the closest golf course is! And if they are not found at the course, they will be fastened to an old chair down at the spit and whittle club swapping lies with the world, I have seen too much of it in this area.....!

We need earnest preachers who will once again light the fires of conviction from the preaching of the word of God, without fear of "offending' the heaviest tither or sister susie q. who has always been there!

The world can have it's formalistic trash bag religion, give me the preaching!!!!!

mksj1611

• Members

I attended a SBC semnary and have gone to SBC churches all my life unti a few years ago when we got tired of the social club the church we were attending turned into. We're now members of a conservative Bible church where about 80% of the members are homeschooling families.

Guest Guest

A great thread, and wonderful posts! I live in Ohio and wasn't taught the truth until I was a grown woman. Many of the churches are like Country Clubs. It is a shame that man...WHO IS IN LOVE WITH HIS MIND...cannot see the forest through the trees. I would rather be a "Fisher of Man" than go along with this "Yacht Club" approach to serving Jesus Christ. Too many churches have this "feel good" approach to the Bible. It is a very sad.

Mark 1:20...And when he had gone a little farther thence, he saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who were also in the ship mending their nets. KJV 1611 AV. :bible:

candlelight

P.S. ~ POLITICS - Poly= many Tics = bloodsuckers
Politics....means...Many Bloodsuckers

• Members

Great Thread,

As staunchly as I defend the KJV now, it is hard for me to remember that I attended a very liberal SBC initially. My wife accepted the lord there (I had previously) and we both got baptized there. We attended for a year hoping no one would really want to talk to us, or get too close. No one really did, which kinda fit our misfit little mindset at the time. We got more involved over the following 2 years. It was a seeker friendly Willowcreek church.

I came from a JW bible cult and my wife was raised as an atheist. In retrospect, we kinda needed a place to decompress initially. But after that phase, the church really was useless in teaching us the full gospel. We just outgrew it. We did most bible research on our own and came to the conclusion of the doctrinal superiority of the KJV. We started looking for a KJV preaching church and found out about the IFB.

The first IFB we attended we literally had to hold on to our seats. To say that we heard the Full Gospel would be an understatement. We sat there and were assaulted by the word of God like never before. Though believers, we repented in our seats, felt truly washed in the blood, and walked out feeling like we had just taken a shower, totally clean. We were offended..... and we liked it. If we are to crucify our flesh, how can some figure on never being offended in church? If we could have heard one sermon like that every 6 to 8 weeks, we would have never have changed churches. I say marketing is OK to a point. But when are they going to unleash the full word of God on folks? The fundamental doctrines of Christianity are being lost to the modern church from what I've seen.

Ultimately, we visited several and settled on what we felt was the most balanced. My wife and I both feel lucky to have found such like minded believers.