• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

7 reasons why people leave church

• Members

Is it really?

Is that the most important thing laid out for the New Testament church to fulfill?

Brotherly love is an important aspect of Godly living, but there is a time to separate from certain brethren; there is never a time to separate from God's word or the principles taught therein.

We can't put the brethren above the Savior or pleasing God.

kevinmiller sees us as his enemy, not his friend.

But what else can he expect, brining his liberal views of acceptance of what anyone believes to a Fundamental Baptist message board and expounding on them so often telling us we are wrong?

As for you & I we are not at a liberal Christians message board which teaches acceptance of what anyone believes telling them at every turn they are wrong, we're just defending the faith, that is the true teachings of the Bible.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Is it really?

Is that the most important thing laid out for the New Testament church to fulfill?

Brotherly love is an important aspect of Godly living, but there is a time to separate from certain brethren; there is never a time to separate from God's word or the principles taught therein.

We can't put the brethren above the Savior or pleasing God.

:amen::goodpost:

candlelight

Guest Guest

kevinmiller sees us as his enemy, not his friend.

But what else can he expect, brining his liberal views of acceptance of what anyone believes to a Fundamental Baptist message board and expounding on them so often telling us we are wrong?

As for you & I we are not at a liberal Christians message board which teaches acceptance of what anyone believes telling them at every turn they are wrong, we're just defending the faith, that is the true teachings of the Bible.

Thank you Br. Jerry. I will add that I do NOT go to an RCC site, either, pushing Biblical views on their boards. That is done as part of my local IFB church. I am here for strength in the Lord Jesus Christ, and...it is fine for people to fellowship on OB that are seeking the Lord, but, NOT to bring down IFB chuches. I haven't been an IFB for that long, but, I will defend my people and most importantly, the Lord Jesus Christ. :thumb

candlelight

• Members

Thank you Br. Jerry. I will add that I do NOT go to an RCC site, either, pushing Biblical views on their boards. That is done as part of my local IFB church. I am here for strength in the Lord Jesus Christ, and...it is fine for people to fellowship on OB that are seeking the Lord, but, NOT to bring down IFB chuches. I haven't been an IFB for that long, but, I will defend my people and most importantly, the Lord Jesus Christ. :thumb

candlelight

I don't think I "brought down" IFB churches or IFB'ers. I'm a former IFB'er myself.

@Speer...

Yes, it is one of the most important, the two most important being to love God with all your heart soul and mind and to love your neighbor as yourself. Can any of us really comprehend that kind of love?

• Members

Absolutely, if there was no love, I would not bother with you. I think its worth the effort to try and point you towards the truth. But what you do with it is up to you.

But if you want acceptance of what you bring to this board, your at the wrong place, for it does not line up with the Holy Bible.

• Members
I don't think I "brought down" IFB churches or IFB'ers. I'm a former IFB'er myself.

Yes, and by your continual apostasy (which means a turning away of where you once stood or professed to believe) and bucking of what IFB'ers stand for, you are bringing down IFB churches and IFB'ers.

• Members

Yes, and by your continual apostasy (which means a turning away of where you once stood or professed to believe) and bucking of what IFB'ers stand for, you are bringing down IFB churches and IFB'ers.

You've never changed your views on something? If I believe that I was taught or thought something that was wrong, I believe I absolutely should change that belief. I don't call that apostasy, I call it growing in the knowledge and admonition of Christ.

• Members

It is apostasy when you are going further and further away from what the Bible teaches. In all your months here, you have not become more Biblical and conservative - but less so. You can justify it all you want, but that is just your excuse.

• Members
@Speer...

Yes, it is one of the most important, the two most important being to love God with all your heart soul and mind and to love your neighbor as yourself. Can any of us really comprehend that kind of love?

We are to let brotherly love abound. We are to love our neighbors as ourselves. That never changes.

We are also commanded within the church that if a brother is in error or in sin that we are to address the issue individually and then as a church and then, if by any means the brother refuses to walk according to God's word, as a last resort, we are commanded to not fellowship with such darkness.

Ephesians 5 addresses this the most lightly of any passage dealing with such things in the Bible. If you read that passage, you will see that it starts with an admonition to let brotherly love abound. However, you'll notice that following that verse is a "but" and it puts a premium on several issues that must be dealt with, not in spite of brotherly love, but because of brotherly love: because it is commanded in God's word and any disobedience or variance from his word negates whatever feeble expression of love we've attempted in the name of humanity.

You end your post questioning whether any of us can comprehend this kind of love: if you doubt the ability of humanity to comprehend that type of love, then why would you discuss it positionally?

The love of God only becomes incomprehensible when viewed through the eyes of man or when an attempt is made to express Godly love in human effort and methods. I do not claim to fully comprehend the extents of God's love, but I do know that what love he has commanded us to demonstrate, he has also equipped us to demonstrate through his word and his indwelling Spirit.

If we follow the word of God (which is the revelation of his love toward us) and are responsible in our duties to him, we'll find that when it has all been said and done we will have loved man as God did.

Outside of God's word, how can we possibly expect to fulfill God's commands concerning love?

• Members
It is apostasy when you are going further and further away from what the Bible teaches. In all your months here' date=' you have not become more Biblical and conservative - but less so. You can justify it all you want, but that is just your excuse.[/quote']
I'm going to bed so I don't have time to sit here and type up anything of length.
But, two words need to be defined here: Biblical and Conservative.
Next, if you're going to make the accusation, I think you should at least have something to back up your statement that I am becoming less "Biblical" and "conservative."

• Members

The proof is in your many posts and in the many debates with you. You are casting off where you once stood - and, no, you have not convinced anyone else (at least not the main solid members here) that you are casting these doctrines, positions, standards, etc. aside because they were unbiblical, but because you personally no longer choose to stand there. That is apostasy - standing apart from where you once stood.

• Members

Don't you think Kevin kinda wants to cause division. I really have never seen him agree on any biblical issue since I have been here. Only Kevin can answer this. Why come on an IFB forum and argue so much about issues you know most IFB members hold to? Is it to cause division, or change all of our minds. I don't think Kevin realizes that most new evangelical will change their minds on pretty much anything, but what I have learned is that most IFB members love the IFB church cause it stands on a belief that they do not want to change. I don't hate Kevin but does get annoying having to argue with the same person on pretty much every bible doctrine or issue. Maybe Kevin feels he is like a missionary to the IFB to get us to leave but I don't think most IFB members want to change.

• Members

One major tenent of an IFB church is that it practices seperation with the world, but also with brothers they feel are in error. If you argue enough with an IFB member sooner or later they will want to seperate from you cause they will deam you divisive and teaching wrong doctrine.

• Members

Believe me, I know firsthand that one of the main IFB distinctives is "separation from brother/sisters who's doctrine isn't quite as "pure" as yours". I and my husband happen to agree with much of what Kevin says around here, but I don't feel it's my place as a woman to debate it out especially with other men. I long for sweet fellowship and unity in the joy of the Lord.