• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can you please explain how you can be a Christian Democrat today?

Go to solution Solved by Rebecca,

• Administrators

Once again you lump all of a certain identity together (Democrat)  Among this classification named Democrat, are individuals. You cannot know that all individuals within this classification support and vote for the things you listed.

• Members
  • Solution

I have family members who are both democrat and Christian, it's not impossible or shocking. Did you know that there are republicans who support abortion? Did you know that there are democrats who do not support abortion? Did you know that there are many, many Christians who are neither democrat nor republican? This is because most individual people don't blindly follow their chosen party, they each have their own convictions, thoughts, and ideas that may or may not line up with everything their party is known for.

• Members
8 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Once again you lump all of a certain identity together (Democrat)  Among this classification named Democrat, are individuals. You cannot know that all individuals within this classification support and cote for the things you listed.

You are correct not all, but the Christians that vote for this president, supports this.

• Members
8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I have family members who are both democrat and Christian, it's not impossible or shocking. Did you know that there are republicans who support abortion? Did you know that there are democrats who do not support abortion? Did you know that there are many, many Christians who are neither democrat nor republican? This is because most individual people don't blindly follow their chosen party, they each have their own convictions, thoughts, and ideas that may or may not line up with everything their party is known for.

I believe Republicans that voted for these things, I mentioned above are not truly Republicans, but moderate or liberal Republicans. I cannot say the same thing for a Christian Democrat, for the party is known for its liberal choices, and lifestyle. It’s a very touchy subject for Christians, today churches are starting to accept gay marriages, so there is much confusion going on. Republicans are not angels, and there are many moderates that need to be removed from this party. The Republican party supposed to be conservative. We are getting closer to the days we’re Christians shouldn’t vote at all. For we are becoming the minority party, with no power at all. Sad

• Members
On 2/6/2023 at 9:06 AM, TheGloryLand said:

Folks, I really don’t understand how a Christian, can be a Democrat today, for they support abortions, and gay marriages, transgender’s in our mighty military, and the legal use of marijuana and more.

Thank you E. Morales with the glory land.

Getting High Puff Puff Pass GIF by Stoner Stick People

I know many Christians who are Democrats. Many of them are new Christians, and many aren't. Some of them are/were part of the "old" Democrat party. They have refused to leave the party in hopes of reversing the progressive trend in the party. You seem to like to lump everyone together, and this isn't a good thing. Many can be Democrats to support an agenda that is more progressive than that which is offered by the Republicans. But, to be honest, Morales, if you look at the Republican party, there are many there who support most of what the Democrats believe and support. It's truly becoming a one-party system with two polar positions on certain ideals. 

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

In the future voting, voting for the one, that is less evil should be a sin. I haven’t heard any preachers say this, but maybe it’s because it is not too popular.

200.gif

It would be a much larger sin, IMHO, not voting for anyone. Your opinion doesn't make something a sin, nor does it make your opinion correct. We are blessed in this country with the opportunity to vote for our leaders from those who are available to us. If you believe both are "too evil" then please, feel free to do a write-in candidate and waste the vote you have. 

1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

My next question, are there any Christian colleges out there, that teaches Christians are to vote for Democrats, for they favor more the Christian belief, and agendas. I don’t think so.

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Most "Christian" colleges don't push a candidate. They give their point of view and allow the students to vote for the person they feel the Lord would have them vote for. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I recommend that everybody here read the Democrat National Platform and then defend them. The problem is that loyalties are emotional and logic and reason cannot penetrate that. There are decent people who vote Democrat, but the party is clearly not Biblical.

Example straight from their web site.

Protecting LGBTQ+ Rights
Democrats applaud this year’s U.S. Supreme Court decision that made clear that employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity violates the law, but we know we still have work to do to ensure LGBTQ+ people are treated equally under the law and in our society. We will fight to enact the Equality Act and at last outlaw discrimination against LGBTQ+ people in housing, public accommodations, access to credit, education, jury service, and federal programs. We will work to ensure LGBTQ+ people are not discriminated against when seeking to adopt or foster children, protect LGBTQ+ children from bullying and assault, and guarantee transgender students’ access to facilities based on their gender identity. Democrats will ensure federally funded programs for older adults are inclusive for LGBTQ+ seniors.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

I recommend that everybody here read the Democrat National Platform and then defend them. The problem is that loyalties are emotional and logic and reason cannot penetrate that. There are decent people who vote Democrat, but the party is clearly not Biblical.

Example straight from their web site.

Protecting LGBTQ+ Rights
Democrats applaud this year’s U.S. Supreme Court decision that made clear that employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity violates the law, but we know we still have work to do to ensure LGBTQ+ people are treated equally under the law and in our society. We will fight to enact the Equality Act and at last outlaw discrimination against LGBTQ+ people in housing, public accommodations, access to credit, education, jury service, and federal programs. We will work to ensure LGBTQ+ people are not discriminated against when seeking to adopt or foster children, protect LGBTQ+ children from bullying and assault, and guarantee transgender students’ access to facilities based on their gender identity. Democrats will ensure federally funded programs for older adults are inclusive for LGBTQ+ seniors.

More Votes, for the liberals, when they are not thinking Green, they’re thinking in the wrong rainbows. Also putting babies asleep. There are Christians voting for this party, Democrats. Just to keep Trump, from winning or coming back. They are confused, and are giving the blinded eyes ?. Doesn’t hurt that much, if you don’t look, at or listen to it.