• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Creepy/Bad Sermon Clips

• 2 months later...
  • Members

The worst I've witnessed was at a Charismatic Baptist church in Pa. It was a total mess. The "pastors" (husband and wife) were both speaking gibberish on stage, teenagers were in the pews making out, the drummer was banging away like Keith Moon, but there wasn't anyone body slammed or licking toes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 1/5/2023 at 10:20 AM, Rebecca said:

Over the years, I have sat in a pew listening to "sermons" by a few famous IFB pastors that made me feel extremely uncomfortable due to inappropriate stories or sayings. In my opinion, if a sermon is preached then it should be 100% Bible based, and any stories or illustrations should only be used if they align perfectly with the sermon. Any fetishes between a husband and wife should never be spoken of from behind a pulpit, again it's my opinion, but I believe when fetishes are spoken about like this from a pulpit, during a sermon, it's blasphemous.   I am now extremely careful who I listen to and whose churches I visit during furlough. 

I have heard "IFB" pastors and preachers say stuff, during sermons, and in front of my kids, that I would not repeat here. 

Edited by heartstrings

• Members
35 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

I have heard "IFB" pastors and preachers say stuff, during sermons, and in front of my kids, that I would not repeat here. 

I've heard my share as well. One of my college professors said in a chapel service one time that if a burlesque house had a good hamburger he'd go there regardless of what people thought. Nice thing for a New Mexico pastor say, right? That was mild compared to other things stated in chapel services and classes that year.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

1 Thessalonians 5:22 (KJV) Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I agree! I had to skip every time he spoke in chapel after that. I got demerits for it, but, it was well worth it! I dropped out of his class as well. 

• Members
1 hour ago, heartstrings said:

"I really feel good now"

This action was uncalled for. This man doesn't belong in ministry. These aren't the actions of a minister of the Gospel. He's NOT "holding up the banner" as he said. Either he'd be gone or I would.

• Members
6 hours ago, heartstrings said:

"I really feel good now"

Lol...

Tough love? Some people might actually like their pastor preaching like this.

I attended a camp back in the 80s for teens who were a step away from "juvie". A lot of the preaching was like this. Some made it and some melted. 

• Members
27 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Lol...

Tough love? Some people might actually like their pastor preaching like this.

I attended a camp back in the 80s for teens who were a step away from "juvie". A lot of the preaching was like this. Some made it and some melted. 

Camp was like this for me back in the middle 1970s, and I ended up skipping out. Got into a lot of trouble for it, but, at that time my parents had swallowed a lot of the IFB Kool Aid with the extra -Biblical hogwash some apply. They apologized to all six of us kids years later.