• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Creepy/Bad Sermon Clips

• Administrators

"...if you loved me..." Nothing about Jesus.  This is horrid. 

A church service is neither the place nor the time for this kind of "rebuke."   That fact that it made him "feel good" is proof that it was all about him. Not helping others. Not uplifting Christ. 

• Members
20 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Camp was like this for me back in the middle 1970s, and I ended up skipping out. Got into a lot of trouble for it, but, at that time my parents had swallowed a lot of the IFB Kool Aid with the extra -Biblical hogwash some apply. They apologized to all six of us kids years later. 

The camp I went to wasn't a summer camp but one you had to stay at for at least 15 months. I stayed for six years ('87-'93) because I ended up becoming a staff member and really had no place to go. 

Like I said it was a last stop before juvie jail for some. There were a few that actually got to choose by a judge to go to this camp or to jail. One kid who was there for a few months decided he wanted to go to a reformatory because it was "cool". He got his wish.

Most of the preaching wasn't like this but there were times we'd get chewed out and preached at hard. It wouldn't work in most churches but I do believe there are people who look for preaching like this.