• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Meet our newest family member

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
There's a movie too' date=' why did I waste my time reading the book? :thumbdown[/quote']

:lol:

That reminds me of the many dimwits in university who would bring up things in various classes they had seen in movies as if they were historically accurate! :roll Read a book? What for! I've watched several movies about that so I know all I need to know! :tum

• Members
One of my roommates didn't know what a plow was this semester...I just shook my head when she asked...

:lol:

During my entire time in university I was constantly amazed at the ignorance and stupidity of so many of the students (and a few of the professors!). And to think many of these people now hold Bachelor's degrees and even a few with Masters. :eek

• Members

When I graduated high school there were two or three guys who could only read at a beginning level! They would literally follow the words one-by-one with their fingers and say each word individually and very slowly in the manner someone just learning to read uses.

When I graduated with my Bachelor's degree there were several students who couldn't read or write beyond what should be a 6th to 8th grade level. There were those who graduated who could have told you precious little more at that time than what they could have when they first started university.

The American education system is a mess!