• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maxmya

Being born again

Guest Guest

When Paul said not of works in Romans 3 and Ephesians 2:8 he was talking about ordinances of the law of Moses ONLY.
There are works to do today according to Ephesians 2:9 and Mark 16:16.
The law of Moses has nothing to do with obeying God in Mark 16:16 and 1 Peter 3:3.
New law for a new time.
John 1:17 or so to verify this.
Jesus personally said he came not to destroy the law done away with according to Matthew 5:19 or so.
What's replaced is only is cause it has an expiration date only.
What's doing the replacing is not the cross of Jesus only.
It's also the new doctrine of Jesus as well as the cross of Jesus too.

So do I understand that you believe that you must do more than put your trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross and His resurrection 1Cor 15:1-4 for your salvation? If we are saved by "grace through faith" that means I put my faith in the grace of God. Not in any work I could ever do' date=' if Christ did the work for me.[/quote']

When Paul said not of works in Romans 3 and Ephesians 2:8 he was talking about ordinances of the law of Moses ONLY.
There are works to do today according to Ephesians 2:9 and Mark 16:16.
The law of Moses has nothing to do with obeying God in Mark 16:16 and 1 Peter 3:3.
New law for a new time.
John 1:17 or so to verify this.
Jesus personally said he came not to destroy the law done away with according to Matthew 5:19 or so.
What's replaced is only is cause it has an expiration date only.
What's doing the replacing is not the cross of Jesus only.
It's also the new doctrine of Jesus as well as the cross of Jesus too.

Tony, So that I can know for sure I'm truly saved, in addition to the cross of Jesus, which new works must I do to be saved? and what percentage of them? If I ever fail in doing those works do I lose my salvation?

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:8-9 (KJV)

Seems Tony is denying God's grace and tries to make salvations by works.

Guest Guest

I'm a bit surprised I haven't noticed this before now. So allow me to now join in...

I see you seem to think that salvation is - at least - partly earned.
(Isaiah 64:6) - "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
These verses say our righteousness is as filthy rags before the Lord. Think about it: eternal life is priceless. The Bible says, "What would it profit a man if he were to gain the whole world and lose his soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Do you really, truly and honestly, think that your "righteousness" can save you? It is filthy rags! Do you really believe think you can earn that which is impossible to earn? The Bible says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Not of works. Not of any works; works of the law, or any deeds whatsoever. All of it is as filthy rags before the Lord.
(Galatians 2:16) - "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
Only when we are saved are works of any worth.

(Hebrews 11) - "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. {2} For by it the elders obtained a good report. {3} Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. {4} By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

{5} By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. {6} But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. {7} By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. {8} By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. {9} By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

{10} For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. {11} Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. {12} Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. {13} These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. {14} For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

{15} And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. {16} But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. {17} By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son. {18} Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: {19} Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

{20} By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. {21} By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff. {22} By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones. {23} By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. {24} By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

{25} Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; {26} Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward. {27} By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. {28} Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them. {29} By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

{30} By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days. {31} By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. {32} And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: {33} Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, {34} Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

{35} Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: {36} And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: {37} They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; {38} (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. {39} And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: {40} God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."

Faith is what saved these people; not their works. You can turn to this if you wish, though, I suppose:
(James 2:24) - "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."
You are not saved by your works; Ephesians 2:8-9 clearly states this. However, your faith is basically worthless unless you do not do the work of the Kingdom of God. These verses explain this:
(James 2:14-20) - "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? {15} If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, {16} And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? {17} Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. {18} Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. {19} Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. {20} But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

What it means by saying "faith without works is dead", is that, as I said, your faith is worthless without doing the work of the Kingdom of God; it is dead.
Works do not save you - they only show the power of your faith; whether it is worthless, or of great worth.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

tonytony wrote:

2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Dont know where your getting this tony but it isnt anything the BIble teaches. Your makeing your own private interpretations.

Guest Guest

Doug138 wrote: Adam was created in the image of God. When he sinned, he died in two ways. First, the Spirit of God left him, & he became spiritually dead. Second, the flesh God made him was created to last forever, but after he sinned, the death process began.

The rest of us were not so much created in God's image, but in Adam's fallen image. Adam was created eternal and died. We were born spiritually dead, like our father Adam, but can be reborn. When we are born again, we re-acquire what Adam had originally, the Spirit of God in us.

Hey, Doug...that statement is great....You are soooooo right! I love it!

You know the new birth in the Spirit is kinda like the physical birth. When a baby is born into this world, there is a cry, if not, the doctor spanks and then the baby cries, if the baby doesn't cry, then it is a dead baby. That is the way it is in the Spiritual birth. When someone receives the Holy Ghost, there will be evidence of the Spirtual birth, and that evidence is the cry of the tongues. If there is no tongues, then the babe never is born alive. A repented baby will stay in the womb and never enjoy real life until they are fully born again. That is why we must seek the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.

Guest Guest

Bro. Dave, do you not know anything about the book of Acts? Everytime a beliver received the Holy Ghost they spoke in another tongues. That is the evidence that you have received the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 19: 2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. 7 And all the men were about twelve.

I just love the Word of God, don't you Bro. Dave?

I like Paul in 1cor 14:19

had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue
I learned a long time ago some of the things God used before
that which was perfect was come
, (cannon of scripture) He does not use any more. 1 Cor 13:8
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away
. 1Co 13:10
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away
Because we have the complete "perfect" Word of God things that were in part have been done away with IE.. prophecies, tongues, knowledge.

And another thing, when you baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: as Mat 28 commands you have included Jesus name haven't you?

Guest Guest

Bro. Dave, there is a difference in speaking in tongues when you are born again of the Spirit and the spiritual gift of tongues. The gift of tongues is use in the Church as to when God gives a message to the Church, and then the gift of interpretation is used. Every time someone received the Holy Ghost in the book of Acts, they spoke in tongues. That is the evidence that they have been born again of the Spirit.

I Corinthians 6-10 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

The only perfect one that I know of is Jesus Christ. When he comes it will be all over. No more need for speaking in tongues or for prophesy, because we will be caught up with Jesus in the air. If you hadn't received the Holy Ghost when the perfect one comes, then it is too late. No need to try to speak in tongues then.

And on that other thing...about Matthew 28:18-19...Jesus was speaking to his disciples, and you know Peter was there and heard what Jesus told him to do...and don't you know that Peter obeyed Jesus Christ in Acts 2:38. I believe Peter understood what Jesus told him to do..don't you? Then if Peter didn't obey Jesus....we should just throw in the towel.

Everyone baptized in the book of Acts were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. 7 And all the men were about twelve.

I do believe that it is important to say "in the name of Lord Jesus Christ for remission of sins" The name is very important.

Doug138 wrote: Adam was created in the image of God. When he sinned, he died in two ways. First, the Spirit of God left him, & he became spiritually dead. Second, the flesh God made him was created to last forever, but after he sinned, the death process began.

The rest of us were not so much created in God's image, but in Adam's fallen image. Adam was created eternal and died. We were born spiritually dead, like our father Adam, but can be reborn. When we are born again, we re-acquire what Adam had originally, the Spirit of God in us.

Hey, Doug...that statement is great....You are soooooo right! I love it!

You know the new birth in the Spirit is kinda like the physical birth. When a baby is born into this world, there is a cry, if not, the doctor spanks and then the baby cries, if the baby doesn't cry, then it is a dead baby. That is the way it is in the Spiritual birth. When someone receives the Holy Ghost, there will be evidence of the Spirtual birth, and that evidence is the cry of the tongues. If there is no tongues, then the babe never is born alive. A repented baby will stay in the womb and never enjoy real life until they are fully born again. That is why we must seek the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.

By this definition of yours, June, you are calling me and every other baptist on here unsaved--having NOT been born again because we "DON'T speak in tongues" (basically that we are on our way to hell); was that your intention? I came to OB to learn and fellowship with like-minded believers. I'm not saying that I wouldn't listen to or check-out your interpretation of some verses out of the Bible, but I would expect that you would seriously take to heart that which people like brodave is trying to explain to you as well. I may have misunderstood your intentions, please forgive me if I have, but in your post it seems you are trying to teach us with authority, rather than learn from us or discuss with us what WE believe.......it is, after all, an IFB board.

By this definition of yours, June, you are calling me and every other baptist on here unsaved--having NOT been born again because we "DON'T speak in tongues" (basically that we are on our way to hell); was that your intention? I came to OB to learn and fellowship with like-minded believers. I'm not saying that I wouldn't listen to or check-out your interpretation of some verses out of the Bible, but I would expect that you would seriously take to heart that which people like brodave is trying to explain to you as well. I may have misunderstood your intentions, please forgive me if I have, but in your post it seems you are trying to teach us with authority, rather than learn from us or discuss with us what WE believe.......it is, after all, an IFB board.

I think I read in another post concerning "June" that she has "moved on," which I interpret to mean she's been given the moderator boot.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

1 Cor 9:26 (KJV)

Yes, one who beats the air with and unknown tongue is doing nothing but beating the air. And that is all those tongue speaking people do, is beateth the air.

Guest Guest

Was it Paul in Galations that said he hasn't arrived but went on striving for perfection in Christ ?
Paul both a grace and new works preacher ? Really want to mess with Ephesians 2:10 ?
Was it John in his epistle letter that said our confession of sin gets us back into the salvation of God when we mess up ?
Paul said as much about repentance as he did grace to be saved.
Actually he said more about repentance than he did grace to be saved.
While this is true I'm not saying grace only is salvation.
Just saying grace + repentance = salvation if Paul a grace and repentance preacher on salvation too.
Only way to do mess up an understanding on that is to overlook Ephesians 2:10, Mark 16:16, etc.
Truths of the bible aren't put there to overlook other truths of the bible.
All truth on salvation is all the bible on salvation.
Otherwise we phony if we despise 2 Timothy 3:16 and run off with Ephesians 2:8 like a quick scholar so easy.
Just need a big shot celebrity and intellectual to influence you to do this.

So do I understand that you believe that you must do more than put your trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross and His resurrection 1Cor 15:1-4 for your salvation? If we are saved by "grace through faith" that means I put my faith in the grace of God. Not in any work I could ever do' date=' if Christ did the work for me.[/quote']

Tony,
Why is it you never answer the specific questions posed and always run to the same scriptures?
Here are a few other questions I have always wanted answered by someone who believes like you. But they never answer, maybe you will.
How many sins must someone commit before he looses his salvation?
Must they get saved again?
Does he have need to be baptized again?
Which sin causes me to loose my salvation?

Thank you ahead of time for your answers
Bro Dave

Guest Guest

I believe that I can answer the questions:

How many sins must someone commit before he looses his salvation? One will do it.

Must they get saved again? Only repent and your back in, if you don?t die or Jesus comes before you do.

Does he have need to be baptized again? No. Just repent, but if you feel to, then do it.

Which sin causes me to loose my salvation? Telling a lie, Rev. 21:8

Guest Guest
I believe that I can answer the questions:

How many sins must someone commit before he looses his salvation? One will do it.

Must they get saved again? Only repent and your back in, if you don?t die or Jesus comes before you do.

Does he have need to be baptized again? No. Just repent, but if you feel to, then do it.

Which sin causes me to loose my salvation? Telling a lie, Rev. 21:8

(John 10:28-29) - "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. {29} My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
An interesting thought came to me when I was thinking about losing your salvation...

These verses tell us that, when we are saved, Christ has us in His hand. Thus, if you can "lose your salvation" you are overpowering God, and wriggling out of His hand.

It's something to think about.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Guest Guest

The previous post was - These verses tell us that, when we are saved, Christ has us in His hand. Thus, if you can "lose your salvation" you are overpowering God, and wriggling out of His hand.

I don't know too much about the Bible, but I heard that explained one time. No one can take you out of God's hand but you can take yourself out i guess by wriggling. Did the bible say somewhere that we can keep on sinning until we have searred (sp) our concience with a hot iron. (something like that)

Guest Guest
No one can take you out of God's hand but you can take yourself out i guess by wriggling.

Wouldn't that mean that the blood of Christ was not enough to cover your sin of "wriggling"?

Can you not see that nothing is more powerful than the blood of Christ? Once you are saved it is enough to cover all sin...

1st Peter among other passages proves that the Christian can't "wriggle out".

I will quote quite a bit here so the context is plain.

"1st Peter 13-23 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

We see from this passage that the saved person is a son of God(many other passages teach this as well). We also see that the reason we should not sin after salvation is based on two things, one, because the father is just and will judge us according to our work(this judgment can't mean for our salvation because other passages clearly state that salvation is not of our works, so rather it refers to the chastening the father gives his children) and two, out of respect for the blood of Christ. Why should we do that which Christ died to save us from? Finally, that passage says we are born again of "incorruptible" seed, meaning we cannot die spiritually speaking. Christ said that "whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" If we can loose salvation that would not be true.

Good post Seth

Lovejoy read john 10:28-29 again

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. J
oh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

No man and any man, includes you the individual. You cant take yourself out of God's Hand, even if you wanted to.

Also Ephsians 1:12-13 says

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Jesus is the only one who can break the seal and he assured us in John 10:28-29 he would not do that.

Salvation is free, final, and forever to all who will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and call upon him to save them Romans 10:9-13

God Bless

Most of the time, it is hard to turn your back against God after accepting his gift of salvation. People who accept it understand who God is and what they are (a sinner). Kinda like how once you love your child, it's hard to stop loving him (although it is easy to be disappointed in him) .

But those who have turned their back against God has never really fully grasp the gift of salvation. That's why it seem like some people just stop being a christian. I always felt they accepted his gift for the wrong reason. In my MIL's case, she thought accepting Christ would promise her a better life. But it didn't. She didn't have relationship with God. So she turned her back against him. I'll never know if she is really saved or not because she DID accepted the gift of salvation one time. I know some people who ARE saved, and lived a backslidden life.. and they seem what people would refer as "have all the bad luck". in my MIL's case, it was result of another's person sinful way that hurt her faith. I told my son one time that we can pray for protection but everyone still has to make the right decision to do right or wrong.. including the bad guys and including himself. So that if someone decide to hurt him and he pray about it, don't let it cause him to lose faith in God. That God (if he choose to do so) will try to convince the person to do the right thing but he will not control a person like a puppet. That person still have to make his decision. But then sometimes God help put an end to an abuse by putting them in Jail or something. But My MIL never really saw it that way. She wanted God to control the bad person that hurt her like a puppet so she could have a better life (and believe it or not, she does have better life today). But it didn't happen her way so she just stop believing in God. Well, she stopped believing in Christianity because she doesn't like people telling her how she should live her life. Sorry about rambling and hijacking. but I noticed these are the few that make people lose faith in God or make them turn their back on God that make them seem like they stop being a christian.

Guest Guest

Okay, I think I understand what has been stated here. After I think that i am saved and believe that i am. It doesn't matter what i do from now on until the end of the world. I can go to a bar and dance, may be kill someone don't go back to church never pray and i will be saved. because no one or myself can take me out of the hand of God.

Guest Guest
Okay' date=' I think I understand what has been stated here. After I think that i am saved and believe that i am. It doesn't matter what i do from now on until the end of the world. I can go to a bar and dance, may be kill someone don't go back to church never pray and i will be saved. because no one or myself can take me out of the hand of God.[/quote']
You appear to be saying that sarcastically, at least to my understanding. If you are not, however, please disregard what I wrote below:
You're committing the strawman fallacy, and terribly exaggerating our point. The fact of the matter is this: The Lord has given us eternal life. Eternal means just that: eternal.

And, yes, if you did do that, you would still be saved (though I find it hard to believe that a Christian would do that). I am reminded of this passage of Scripture:
(1 Corinthians 3:9-15) - "For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. {10} According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. {11} For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. {12} Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; {13} Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. {14} If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. {15} If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

While you yourself would be saved, your building would be tried with fire, and it would burn. You would receive no crowns to throw at the feet of our Almighty God.
However, you would yourself be saved, yet so as by fire. Why?
(John 10:28) - "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

Regardless of what we build upon it, if we have indeed trusted in Christ as our personal Savior, and repented of our sins, Jesus is our foundation, and it will stand no matter what.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Once a church of Christ preacher told me, "If I believe as you Baptist do I would go out and do everything I really wanted to."

I asked, "What are those things you really want to do."

He answered me with a puzzles look on his face, "You know, drink, chase women, stuff like that."

I them said, "I now know your problem, your not saved, if you would truly get saved you would not want to commit such vulgar & hideous sins against God the Father of your Savior."

Perhaps that is the problem with this poster, he has not been saved, so he is not been made into a new man.

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.