• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Being born again

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Adam was created in the image of God. When he sinned, he died in two ways. First, the Spirit of God left him, & he became spiritually dead. Second, the flesh God made him was created to last forever, but after he sinned, the death process began.

The rest of us were not so much created in God's image, but in Adam's fallen image. Adam was created eternal and died. We were born spiritually dead, like our father Adam, but can be reborn. When we are born again, we re-acquire what Adam had originally, the Spirit of God in us.

The physical part comes later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

What must be remembered about being born again, is many, even cults, will claim to be born again. Some mormons I talked to recently claimed to be born again. Just a note that we must be sure to teach salvation the bible way. By grace through faith in Jesus Christ, it is belief in the death burial and resurection of Christ, recieving him as saviour, and repenting (turning from our sin and turning to Christ).

I am hearing more and more from "Christians" who say they are saved. When you ask them about their salvation, they will say. "I was baptized..." or "I prayed the sinners prayer". These should be warning bells. The water does not save, the prayer does not save. The belief, and receiving, of Christ and repentance is what saves. Nothing wrong with praying the sinners prayer, as long as belief is with it.

I have heard to many times people, especialy children told. "say this prayer and your saved". If they did not understand or believe, they are given a false sense of salvation. This has troubled me for years. It started when I saw and heard of preachers getting saved after preaching or years etc. They were saved as children (or thought so). My point is to make sure we are sharing Christ in truth of the word. Make sure people truly understand. Then, if there is 0 fruit ever, we should revisit salvation with them again. God knows the heart, but we must make sure we are sharing the gospel in truth.

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, this has just been on my heart and this looked like a good place to share. :wave:
God Bless

• Members

[quote="deputydog530"]What must be remembered about being born again, is many, even cults, will claim to be born again. Some mormons I talked to recently claimed to be born again. Just a note that we must be sure to teach salvation the bible way. By grace through faith in Jesus Christ, it is belief in the death burial and resurection of Christ, recieving him as saviour, and repenting (turning from our sin and turning to Christ).

I am hearing more and more from "Christians" who say they are saved. When you ask them about their salvation, they will say. "I was baptized..." or "I prayed the sinners prayer". These should be warning bells. The water does not save, the prayer does not save. The belief, and receiving, of Christ and repentance is what saves. Nothing wrong with praying the sinners prayer, as long as belief is with it.

I have heard to many times people, especialy children told. "say this prayer and your saved". If they did not understand or believe, they are given a false sense of salvation. This has troubled me for years. It started when I saw and heard of preachers getting saved after preaching or years etc. They were saved as children (or thought so). My point is to make sure we are sharing Christ in truth of the word. Make sure people truly understand. Then, if there is 0 fruit ever, we should revisit salvation with them again. God knows the heart, but we must make sure we are sharing the gospel in truth.

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, this has just been on my heart and this looked like a good place to share. :wave:
God Bless[/quote]
:amen: :amen: :goodpost: :amen:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Adam was created in the image of God. When he sinned' date=' he died in two ways. First, the [b']Spirit of God left him, & he became spiritually dead. Second, the flesh God made him was created to last forever, but after he sinned, the death process began.

The rest of us were not so much created in God's image, but in Adam's fallen image. Adam was created eternal and died. We were born spiritually dead, like our father Adam, but can be reborn. When we are born again, we re-acquire what Adam had originally, the Spirit of God in us.

There is no Biblical basis for the statements you have made above. There are no Scriptures that teach Adam was indwelt with the Spirit of God - in fact, the NT teaches that is part of the new covenant provided through Christ's death.

• 3 months later...

Okay believing and received what ?

The entire bible or some of the bible only ?

Controversial bible issues let's you know the real person in people if we
talking about born again people.

Unbelievers believe in the cross for their atonement with sin.
Unbelievers love their neighbor as they love their self.
Unbelievers that are faithful to their spouse.
Unbelievers that are good parents and employees.
Unbelievers that don't cuss and run red lights.
Unbelievers that are great tycoons and celebrities.
Unbelievers that don't smoke, drink and do drugs.
Unbelievers that have a bus load of people out every week.
Unbelievers that will bail you out if your mugged or your car not starting.
Unbelievers that are money generous people.
Unbelievers that don't hate and judge.
Unbelievers that never been divorced and that are widows now.
Unbelievers that are positive and humble.
Unbelievers not phony.

This born again talk not real enough until we put the controversial bible issues on the table.

Who received Jesus if we mess with jewelry, costly array or 1 Peter 3:3 ?
Who accepted Jesus as savior if we mess with the Sabbath teaching today or Hebrews 4 ?

The philsophical label mess is not of God on any bible verse ?
His book a heaven or hell message on any bible verse !!!
Never mind if somebody Baptist or SDA ?
Do they just agree with God's book anywhere and not into what a big shot say only ?

I'm getting nosy to get in your business cause Amos 3:3 told me too !!!
Who in agreement with folks agreeing with God in the book anywhere ?

Who turning down jewelry when folks saying it's okay in marriage and anniversaries ?
Who turning down working Saturday when folks say they need money whenever they can get it ?

Who courageous enough to be the odd ball for God when holiness in the book somewhere makes you an outcast ?

Pquote="deputydog530"]What must be remembered about being born again, is many, even cults, will claim to be born again. Some mormons I talked to recently claimed to be born again. Just a note that we must be sure to teach salvation the bible way. By grace through faith in Jesus Christ, it is belief in the death burial and resurection of Christ, recieving him as saviour, and repenting (turning from our sin and turning to Christ).

God Bless

• Members

Are you a SDA?

In this, are you speaking of those who profess, but yet are not truly saved?

<<"Unbelievers believe in the cross for their atonement with sin.
Unbelievers not phony.">>

Are you saying if a person is wearing jewelry they're not saved?
<<"Who turning down jewelry when folks saying it's okay in marriage and anniversaries ?">>

Are you saying a person is lost if they work on Saturday?
<<"Who turning down working Saturday when folks say they need money whenever they can get it ? ">>

• Members
Salvation is such a wondrous thing. I was saved when I was 12 or 13 years old. I know for sure that I am going to Heaven now. :Green What a glorious thing it is to be saved!

Kind of makes it seem you got saved before me, I didn't get saved until I was 14 years and 8 months old.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's deal with Mark 16:16 since we talking about who a saved person is according to the book.
Mark states a believer and baptized person is saved according to the book.
Self explanatory about the water baptism to be born again or saved according to John 3:5.
Who's know a believer if their saved is the next question?
Is it just a Romans 10:9 bible believer or an Ephesians 2:8 bible believer on the grace of God alone ?
Well what you have faith in is what you believe in right?
Both faith and believe are interchangeable words synonymous.
This what Paul had to say about faith.
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing come by the word of God.
That's Romans 10:17 explaining what faith is in for a Christian or believer.
Since faith is in the word of God and not just a confident outlook on life then let's find out what faith is really in if we're a
Christian or believer.
Now time to mess with Matthew 4:4.
Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Since all our faith as a Christian come by the word of God then where we get the word of God from ?
Now time to mess with 2 Timothy 3:16.
All the bible scripture we find is inspired by God for teaching and correcting and building the body of Christ together.
Well we find that the word of God is all the bible only and not some philosophical persuasion to have.
Unless our faith is in all the bible and not some philosophical persuasion exclusively then we don't have the mind of Christ as a saved person going to heaven.
Now time to mess with Romans 8:14 .
Your only a child of God says Paul if your operating in the Spirit of God and not some exclusive spirit of your philosophical beliefs of life.
What is the Spirit of God is the next question ?
Now time to mess with John 6:63.
The words I speak unto you says John are spirit and they are life.
We find now that the Spirit of God is all the bible only and not some exclusive spirit of one's philosophical beliefs of life.
We now can conclude that faith and the Spirit of God is exclusively in all the bible only if we saved people that are believers or Christians.
We buried our philosophical beliefs for the righteous of God if we born again people saved says Paul.
We can go to 2 Corinthians 5:17 for clarification on this good.
We also can go to Romans 10:2-3 for great clarification on this even more.
Isaiah compares our righteousness to filthy rags according to Isaiah 64:6.
God not caring about any philosophical moralism of man no matter how good he is.
If we taken on the righteousness of God then we got to deal with his rule book on jewelry and costly array.
Peter and Paul messing with a saved believer only in 1 Peter 3:3 and 2 Timothy 2:9-14.
If Peter and Paul not messing with you it's because you have another father your a child of according to John 8:44.
Same is true if Paul not messing with you in Hebrews 4.
Only God's people hear his spoken book on salvation everywhere.
We got John 10 for clarity on a believer or sheep hearing his voice.
Again all the book about salvation according to Matthew 4:4.
If you not living by every spoken book word of God then you got a carnal spirit unto death.
No philosophical persuasion just giving you what Paul bringing out in Roman 8:6.
Carnal moralism is exclusive moralism with philosophical beliefs only.
Bible moralism is guaranteed moralism for life and salvation in Jesus.
Philosophical moralist believe some of the bible but not all of it.
Some endorsement of bible moralism still makes you a child of the devil.
Coming from James 2:19.
The devil we find endorses some of the moralism of the bible if we talk about the Godhead for one example.
Matthew and Luke had to rebuke Satan and tell them that we live by all the word of God spiritually .
Coming from Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4.
We find life for salvation in Jesus is actually by total endorsement of all the bible to apply not just love thy neighbor as thy self and not just the cross of Jesus bailing us out with salvation as believers only.
All mean all in both Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4.
All mean all in 2 Timothy 3:16.
All don't take a vacation cause you bring up Paul and Peter talking about jewelry, costly array and the Sabbath teaching today.
All don't take a vacation cause you bring up Paul talking about women preachers and women pastors according to
1 Timothy 2;9-14.
Every mean every in Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 if you operating in the righteous of God with the book for your moralism for heaven.
Only your philosophical beliefs are buried in the sand if they exalted over the righteousness of God.
Again we got Paul messing with you in Matthew 10:2-3.
I said it already so if Paul not messing with you here then your father is mentioned in John 8:44.
Only speaking to God's children with the book.
They heard him before they hear me anyway.
They not waiting on a big shot to hear him in the book anywhere too long.
Got clarification of this in Matthew 15:14.
They not taken years or decades to understand or hear him in his book anywhere too long.
Got clarification of this in John 10.

Are you a SDA?

In this, are you speaking of those who profess, but yet are not truly saved?

<<"Unbelievers believe in the cross for their atonement with sin.
Unbelievers not phony.">>

Are you saying if a person is wearing jewelry they're not saved?
<<"Who turning down jewelry when folks saying it's okay in marriage and anniversaries ?">>

Are you saying a person is lost if they work on Saturday?
<<"Who turning down working Saturday when folks say they need money whenever they can get it ? ">>

• Administrators
Again we got Paul messing with you in Matthew 10:2-3.
I said it already so if Paul not messing with you here then your father is mentioned in John 8:44.

Matthew 10:2-3 says:
Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

#1: God used Matthew, not Paul, to write the book of Matther.
#2: How in the world is Paul, or anyone, messing with anyone here?

Why is it you think that if people disagree with you their father is the devil? You seriously believe that you have the corner market on Biblical truths? Sorry, tonytony, but you have pulled many of these things out of context badly.

Let's look at the first verse you mentioned in your post: Matthew 16:16.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Sorry, but the last part of this verse puts baptism where it belongs in regards to salvation: nowhere. If the person who believes in Christ does not get baptized, they are not damned, else God, who is all-wise, would have said so. Mortal man does not have the authority to gainsay that, no matter how much verbiage they may want to use. There are many other scriptures that support the fact that baptism is not necessary for salvation.

The mechanical set-up of this verse is much like this:

Say a person is waiting for a bus. It stops, and the driver says, "He that getteth on the bus and sitteth down shall get to town. He that getteth not on the bus shall not get to town."

Sitting down on the bus is desired. But if a person stood the whole time, they'd still get to town - as long as they got on the bus.

Similarly, God is teaching us that we are to place our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Baptism is the first step of obedience after salvation. But it is not a part of salvation.

• Members

[quote="HappyChristian"][quote="tonytony"]Again we got Paul messing with you in Matthew 10:2-3.
[/quote]
Matthew 10:2-3 says:
[quote]Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
[/quote]
#1: God used Matthew, not Paul, to write the book of Matther.
#2: How in the world is Paul, or anyone, messing with anyone here?

Why is it you think that if people disagree with you their father is the devil? You seriously believe that you have the corner market on Biblical truths? Sorry, tonytony, but you have pulled many of these things out of context badly.

Let's look at the first verse you mentioned in your post: Matthew 16:16.
[quote]He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [/quote]
Sorry, but the last part of this verse puts baptism where it belongs in regards to salvation: nowhere. If the person who believes in Christ does not get baptized, they are not damned, else God, who is all-wise, would have said so. Mortal man does not have the authority to gainsay that, no matter how much verbiage they may want to use. There are many other scriptures that support the fact that baptism is not necessary for salvation.

The mechanical set-up of this verse is much like this:

Say a person is waiting for a bus. It stops, and the driver says, "He that getteth on the bus and sitteth down shall get to town. He that getteth not on the bus shall not get to town."

Sitting down on the bus is desired. But if a person stood the whole time, they'd still get to town - as long as they got on the bus.

Similarly, God is teaching us that we are to place our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Baptism is the first step of obedience [u]after[/u] salvation. But it is not a part of salvation.[/quote]

Is he saying if your not perfect, your not saved?