• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakershalfdozen

Fractured Nursery Rhymes

My 1st grader's composition assignment today was to take a well known nursery rhyme and change some of the words. We decided to go funny and this is what we came up with (a pond theme)...

Hey Diddle Daddle, the cat and the paddle,

The frog jumped over the loon.

The little mouse laughed to see such sport,

And the fish ran away with the tune-a.

She drew a picture of a cat paddling a boat, a frog jumping over a loon, a mouse peeking out of the weeds and a couple of fish. I know tuna aren't pond fish but tune rhymes with loon and we thought it was funny to add the -a on the end for tuna but you have to say it with a slight pause...tune - a.

Anyway, we thought it was funny. :lol:

My 1st grader's composition assignment today was to take a well known nursery rhyme and change some of the words. We decided to go funny and this is what we came up with (a pond theme)...

Hey Diddle Daddle, the cat and the paddle,

The frog jumped over the loon.

The little mouse laughed to see such sport,

And the fish ran away with the tune-a.

She drew a picture of a cat paddling a boat, a frog jumping over a loon, a mouse peeking out of the weeds and a couple of fish. I know tuna aren't pond fish but tune rhymes with loon and we thought it was funny to add the -a on the end for tuna but you have to say it with a slight pause...tune - a.

Anyway, we thought it was funny. :lol:

:lol::lol: That's even funnier than the original version. :Green

Reminds me of the ones we used to tell our kids.

e.g.

Hickory dickory dock

The mouse ran up the clock

The clock struck one

and the other got away with minor injuries.

:lol::lol: Do you mean the Rindercella that lived with her mugly other and two sad blisters? :lol::lol:

I remember when I was in 1st grade and Mike Lyons came in and told this story to the class. I loved it!

Reminds me of the ones we used to tell our kids.

e.g.

Hickory dickory dock

The mouse ran up the clock

The clock struck one

and the other got away with minor injuries.

Seriously, pneu-engine, are you and my dad related? :wink Your sense of humor is identical to his.

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.