• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Deuteronomy 28

Guest Guest
No' date=' it applies only to Israel. [bible']Genesis 12:3[/bible] however, does apply to the United States.

Danny is correct! Are you sure you aren't my old IFB pastor in disguise? :lol: He is a missionary pastor, now, and a very :saint ly man. He pointed me out to a crowd at an IFB picnic 4 years ago for wearing a T-shirt...w/ a long skirt of course, that said the USA was suffering from the curses done to Israel. Needless, to say...it was a debate. I stepped out of it. I just supplied the shirt, afterall. :lol:

Well, I do believe that since the USA and Israel are tied together, it can be applied to both. We are here for Israel! :2cents It keeps me on my toes, anyhow. We live in a Godless nation, anymore. My old IFB pastor used to shout...God BLESSES America!!!! Get it together brothers and sisters in Christ! He is a fiery one, preaching in Europe now. Look out Europe! No, really...they are blessed to have this man...who is still on fire!!! :fireball: 55 + years after his salvation! :clap:

candlelight

• Members

who do you think the church represents???

The "house of Joseph/Ephraim" was part of the "Northern Tribes".

The "house of Joseph/Ephriam" (prefigure of Jesus/Church=Gentiles)

False. Joseph was not a "prefigure of Jesus/Church" White Supremists gorups like the Klan, the Arian Nation and other sinful people who twist God's word to rationalize evil claim so to justify their hatred, but such twisting of scripture is easy to recognize, and expose.
was part of the people who became a "people who are not a people".

The passage you are misquoting is Isaiah 7:8, "For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people." That was a curse and aprophecy of doom, not an attempt to claim Ephraim is somehow better than the other tribes.

Plain English' date=' the "Samaritans" were the Head of "Ephriam".[/quote']
The Samaritans were all the tribes except Judah, Benjamin and Levi.

• Members

Eze 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:

Eze 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

"Evidently", you don't understand "Foreshadows/prefigures", which really, is what the OT is all about,

people/events/customs all foreshadowing/prefiguring the NT.

and you'll find it impossible to explain who the "TWO STICKS" represent if not the "CHURCH" and "ISRAEL",

I've never found a "THIRD PARTY" mentioned in scripture.

• Members

The two sticks represent exactly whom God says they represent: Judah/Israel and Ephraim. God will turn back to the nation of Israel in the end times - in fact, Ezekiel 37 is partly fulfilled already - Israel is back in its land, but does not have spiritual life yet. The events of chapters 38-39 are coming sometime soon.

Israel is not the church, never has been, and never will be.

• Members

From World Net Daily...

Shavei Israel, a Jerusalem-based organization led by American Michael Freund, hopes to bring to the Jewish state the remaining 7,000 Indian citizens who believe they are the Bnei Menashe, the descendants of Manasseh, one of biblical patriarch Joseph's two sons and a grandson of Jacob.

It's still uncertain what tribe the Bene Israel, Etheopians Jews and the Jews of Tbilisi, Georgia are from. It's also curious that they are refered to as teh ten lost tribes, when it's 8 tribes and 2 half-tribes that are lost.

What's also of interest is the growing number of Orthodox Jews who are voicing support for Christianity, as it's being oppressed by many communities in America and across the West. What I see is the stage being set for a massive amount of sincere Jews, suddenly realizing Christianity is true, after a large number of Christians vanish mysteriously. Thus the emergence of the 144,000 Jews who evangelize the world during the tribulation.

• Members

Israel is not the church, never has been, and never will be.

Precisely my point.

Joseph prefigures Jesus, Ephraim, the church, (Gentile/Samaritans/people who are not a people)

Isa 7:8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, (Samaritans)

De 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Joh 4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

Joh 4:41 And many more believed because of his own word;

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

The "Lamb's marrige supper" occurs in heaven during the trib,

The "Breach" between God/Israel is healed during/by the trib.

The "Marriage in CANA" (Mill Reign) is when the "TWO STICKS" (Church/Israel) are jointed together.

• Members

Must be nice to pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will take literally. Last I checked, even that chapter itself defined those two sticks - yet you don't believe God's Word and want to redefine them. When God says Judah, Israel, Ephraim, etc. that's who He means.

• Members
Must be nice to pick and choose which parts of the Bible you will take literally. Last I checked' date=' even that chapter itself defined those two sticks - yet you don't believe God's Word and want to redefine them. When God says Judah, Israel, Ephraim, etc. that's who He means.[/quote']

Why two separate sticks if it only Israel, and where does the church fit in???

Ephraim is not one of the tribes sealed in Revelation, so where is he???

You've totally eliminated any reference to the church or the separation between Church/Israel (blinded until fulness of Gentiles/pre trib rapture). (two sticks)

Joh 11:54 Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples.

• Members

None - when you read Ezra, Nehemiah and other OT books it actually teaches that various people from those "lost" tribes went back to Jerusalem.

Ezekiel mentions Ephraim having a land allotment during the Millenium, so does Dan - they are simply not one of the tribes sealed (for various reasons). So that certainly proves that Ephraim will still be in existence - and that it is not simply a metaphore for the church or whatever else you might want to fit in there.

Ezekiel 48:5 And by the border of Manasseh, from the east side unto the west side, a portion for Ephraim.

Also, Paul is quite clear that the church was a mystery, not revealed in the OT - so to make something cryptic and refer to the church instead of what it actually says is stretching the limits of Bible study. Yes, there are types of the church - but those types were still literal events and prophecies.

• Members

Thanks.

I have been told by some that they 10 northern tribes did not return with Ezra. Yet Ezra mentions Israel and not Judah. It is quite cleat that not everyone returned. Some preferred the life in Babylon and other parts of the empire. Some seemed to have gone with Exra and then returned to Persia, Nehemiah, Mordecai,....

• Members
Thanks.

I have been told by some that they 10 northern tribes did not return with Ezra. Yet Ezra mentions Israel and not Judah. It is quite cleat that not everyone returned. Some preferred the life in Babylon and other parts of the empire. Some seemed to have gone with Exra and then returned to Persia, Nehemiah, Mordecai,....

Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Israel was the Northern tribes,including the "House of Joseph/Ephraim" (Prefigure of Jesus/Gentiles) who refuse to "drink of the waters of shiloah", "SAMARIA" (Smaritans) was the "HEAD OF EPHRIAM".

And God said he would make them a "people who are not a people", (no nationality, generic= Gentiles)

When "SHILOH" (Jesus) did come, the "SAMARITANS" (Israel/house of Joseph/Ephraim/Gentiles) did drink of his water and "JUDAH" now refused to drink, played the harlot.

To be a Jew, one must be "Circumcised in the heart", Israel/Ephraim/Samaritans/Gentiles were circumcised, (Believed) "JUDAH" refused.

The "people who were not a people" (fomerly northern tribes/Israel/Ephraim/Samaritans) are now the "people of God", (Gentiles Church)

and presently JUDAH is excluded.

Jesus spent "TWO DAYS" with the "Samaritans" before he returned to the Jews, a "prefigure" of the "TWO DAYS" (day=1000 years) he'll spend with the church before the "REVIVING" of Israel will begin. (trib period)

Ho 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

We're in that time frame.