• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Deuteronomy 28

• Members

We could debate whether those "exact" blessings and cursings are for us today, but we can apply the principles to modern times. I believe America's strong beginning was God's blessings on our nation for its God-fearing ways. And I believe we're seeing some of the "curses" on our nation today because of the Godless direction our country is headed.

Mitch

• Members
We could debate whether those "exact" blessings and cursings are for us today, but we can apply the principles to modern times. I believe America's strong beginning was God's blessings on our nation for its God-fearing ways. And I believe we're seeing some of the "curses" on our nation today because of the Godless direction our country is headed.

Mitch

:amen: :goodpost:

• Members

:amen::goodpost:

I will have to :amen: that to.

Wouldn't it be nice for our country to turn to God and confess our sins? Them see this transpire.

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
Deut 28:1-6 (KJV)

• Members

The "Principles/Precepts" of God don't change, for "ANYONE".

These were promise made specifically to the Children of Israel. "Change" would be saying they now apply to the church. They were not intended that way. This is generally argument #1 in eventually saying the church has supplanted the Jews and Jews are now cursed (in other wors, anti-semitism).

• Members

These were promise made specifically to the Children of Israel. "Change" would be saying they now apply to the church. They were not intended that way. This is generally argument #1 in eventually saying the church has supplanted the Jews and Jews are now cursed (in other wors, anti-semitism).

God's no respecter of persons, with "Blessing or chastisement or Curses".

The USA was founded/based on the "Gospel of Jesus Christ", and it's received all the blessing promised to Israel.

"God Bless America" (song) was written in recognition of that "FACT".

But like Israel, America is turning away from God, and the "Chastisement/Curses" will quickly follow.

How do you "Supplant" a "born again believer", everything of Israel is not Israel.

• Members

God's no respecter of persons, with "Blessing or chastisement or Curses".

The USA was founded/based on the "Gospel of Jesus Christ", and it's received all the blessing promised to Israel.

"God Bless America" (song) was written in recognition of that "FACT".

But like Israel, America is turning away from God, and the "Chastisement/Curses" will quickly follow.

How do you "Supplant" a "born again believer", everything of Israel is not Israel.

That specific chapter refers only to Israel, not to the church.

• Members
No' date=' it applies only to Israel. [bible']Genesis 12:3[/bible] however, does apply to the United States.

That specific chapter refers only to Israel, not to the church.

who do you think the church represents???

The "house of Joseph/Ephraim" was part of the "Northern Tribes".

The "house of Joseph/Ephriam" (prefigure of Jesus/Church=Gentiles) was part of the people who became a "people who are not a people".

Plain English, the "Samaritans" were the Head of "Ephriam".

Isa 7:9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria,

The reason they became not a people is because they would not "drink" of the "waters of Shiloah".

Isa 8:6 Forasmuch as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly,

Isa 7:8 and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

The "house of Joseph/Ephriam" merged into the Gentile population.

"HOWEVER"

When "SHILOH" (Jesus) did come, the "Samaritans" drank of his "WATERS" (DOCTRINE) and the "Southern tribes" (Judah/Benjamin) refused this time.

Joh 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;

Joh 4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

Joh 41 And many more believed because of his own word;

So the situation was "REVERSED",

and Israel then became a people who "are not a people" (blinded until fulness of Gentiles) and the reason there are no prophecies concerning Israel during the last "TWO DAYS" (1000 year day) and Israel must be "REVIVED".

Ho 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

De 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Ro 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, (Samaritans/Ephriam) for to provoke them to jealousy.

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

So you see, the promises do apply to the "Church". (Ephriam/Samaritans)

• Members
The passage does not apply directly' date=' as the church is not Israel; however, I do believe the principles apply.[/quote']

Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel (Northern Tribes) committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah (Southern trib/Judah/Benjamin) feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

There's a lot to be learned from the "Events" (Foreshadow) that took place in Egypt between Joseph/Judah/Benjamin,

The "Two sticks", the "Stick of Joseph/Ephraim", (Church) and the "Stick of Judah" (Jews) aren't "JOINED" together until the Mill Kingdom, but they are "one".

Eze 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Like the "Trinity", we speak about God/Jesus as if they were separate, but at the same time, realize they are "ONE".

Actually, if we could run our genelogy back far enough, we might be surprised as too who we would find in our "Family tree",

Ge 10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

Ge 10:22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
Ge 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
Ge 10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

We're all descendants of one of these three, and "PERSONALLY", I think our "Spiritual condition" (saved/lost) reveals which,

I don't believe in "predestination", but God certainly "FOREKNEW".