• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Soul Winning Hidden Camera - Instructional video of door to door encounters

• Members
27 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

On a side note, I think it's kinda strange to be secretly filming the person you're trying to win to Christ. I have no problem with filming, but if it's done secretly... well, that's kind sends of red flags to me.  It's a whole another level to then put that on social media.

Truly, without that person's permission, it could be a violation of local, state, and federal law. People need to really be careful about this kind of thing.

• Members
4 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

On a side note, I think it's kinda strange to be secretly filming the person you're trying to win to Christ. I have no problem with filming, but if it's done secretly... well, that's kind sends of red flags to me.  It's a whole another level to then put that on social media.

That was my first thought too. 

• Members
On 10/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

% sure you would go to heaven"? Where is that found in the Bible? Where is it found that they have to say a prayer to be

On 10/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

lets talk about something important here. you just added to the Bible with your statement:

Matthew 3:2 (KJV) And saying, Repent (of your sins) ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 
Mark 1:15 (KJVAnd saying,
 The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent (of your sins) ye, and believe the gospel. 
Mark 6:12 (KJV) and they went out, and preached that men should repent (of their sins)

let me ask you a question, did you repent of all your sins? are you sinless? Which sins did you repent of? you see.... we average 70,000 thoughts per day, how many of those thoughts of yours are without sin? for me... not many.

Do we just need to try to repent? do we just need to repent of the major sins? I'm willing to bet 99% of christians do not think they are sinless. 

in the Bible, God often uses reiteration to further define words. Now if you go back in context, and read the verses, can you tell me what the object is , of the action "Repent", which most of the times used in the NT, means "to turn from [object]"?

Now what happens if I show you hundreds of verses, that say believe on the Lord Jesus, and ye shall be saved? and it DOES NOT have the word repent, in there, is the Bible contradicting itself? in John, the word repent is not in there one time. If you had a choice to sneak only one book into North Korea or China, which book would you sneak in? I would probably take John, but it doesn't have repent in there at all.... does that mean I shouldn't bring that book?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

if I was suicidal and following this logic, I would never be able to come clean enough for God, and what would happen in my mental state? there is many (family) accounts of people with depression following this 'come clean first before you believe on God' theory, and they ended up taking their own lives. this is dangerous.

• Members
On 10/21/2021 at 10:16 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

No one is saying "don't go out soul winning", it is the "method" I was speaking against. This is not a "numbers game". But I have heard some in the "easy believism crowd" almost revel in the number of people they have got to say "the prayer."

As a matter of first hand experience, I heard one of these people tell that they had twenty soul winners go out to knock doors and the result was twenty people got saved.

No one is "scoffing soul winning", it is, once again, the method I am against.

Yea man I get it, I've seen baptist jump with joy and count every Prayer as a salvation. But I know from personal experience, when they don't pray, its because something is holding them back, I know because I ask them, and then they usually tell me what it is, and we address those issues. As long as seeds are planted, God can give the increase. if a seed just sits in a seed vault, its not going to grow. 

Even if people were out there doing this, and maybe rushing into the prayer, I'd rather have people out reading the Bible to unsaved, than sitting on their butts just talking about it. You can't get better without practice.

We've seen people say the sinners prayer, and a week later, pick them up for church, and deny Jesus right in front of us. one example was the husband and wife, we "led them both to the Lord". the Husband rejected Christ later on, but guess what, his wife was coming to church everyday after that. So who cares, if people want to count a prayer as a salvation, Jesus does the work, and gives the increase, and some seeds will grow and we will never get to meet that person. Which is sad, but for all the ones I do get to meet, if I get to meet 1 out of 100 and watch their life transform, thats worth it. 

I wouldn't be out doing this if I thought it wasn't working, trust me, I have much better things to do on a Saturday, Sunday, or week day, Sad to say, but if I did not see the fruit grow, I probably wouldn't be doing it at all... which means my faith in God's commandment to GO wasn't there to begin with. Luckily, he showed me people being reborn, and thats why I will do anything to get this message out, including any type of legal ramification you guys accuse of (this was all checked out legally btw).

We could also go out like Ray Comfort does, who is not signing release forms but doing it through the video itself, I guarantee you none of those people want to be on video, and its full HD of their faces, especially the ones that are being embarrassed or made fun of because they are dumb atheist/scoffers. 

• Members
On 10/21/2021 at 3:27 PM, PastorMatt said:

You said you go soul winning every week. It sounds like you are passionate about it as well. its a wonderful thing. 

It's a wonderful that not many churches do. Especially growing up not in a Bible Belt area.

So here's the issue. I heard about soul winning a long time ago. I read so many articles on it, I watched as many YouTube videos as I could, which there are really not many other than Ray comfort style or street preaching, both of which are not really my faith. I reached out personally to several churches, called them, they never called back. I wanted to know how to do this, and had no-one to show me. Met several people that claimed to have done it, but they never took me out or showed me.

Ended up flying across the country to go out with one church.

So if you're a soul winner and grew up or got saved in a soul winning church, thats great, to learn it so quick from others. if your some poor bastard sitting at home in the middle of some heathen city, and want to go out and learn door to door soul winning, how do you learn? 

tell me the best way to reach these people and teach them, because I would have loved to know 6 years ago, without doing it in person? let me know because I prayed about this and thought about it for a couple years now. And this is what we were called to do, and this is to Glorify God's power only.

Also as a soul winner, I'm sure you've met people that are so scared to go out, they dont even want to be a silent partner. Showing them a video, you can show them how its easier than you think and you don't have to have any fear.

• Members
2 hours ago, KJV1611Florida said:

lets talk about something important here. you just added to the Bible with your statement:

Matthew 3:2 (KJV) And saying, Repent (of your sins) ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 
Mark 1:15 (KJVAnd saying,
 The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent (of your sins) ye, and believe the gospel. 
Mark 6:12 (KJV) and they went out, and preached that men should repent (of their sins)

let me ask you a question, did you repent of all your sins? are you sinless? Which sins did you repent of? you see.... we average 70,000 thoughts per day, how many of those thoughts of yours are without sin? for me... not many.

Do we just need to try to repent? do we just need to repent of the major sins? I'm willing to bet 99% of christians do not think they are sinless. 

in the Bible, God often uses reiteration to further define words. Now if you go back in context, and read the verses, can you tell me what the object is , of the action "Repent", which most of the times used in the NT, means "to turn from [object]"?

Now what happens if I show you hundreds of verses, that say believe on the Lord Jesus, and ye shall be saved? and it DOES NOT have the word repent, in there, is the Bible contradicting itself? in John, the word repent is not in there one time. If you had a choice to sneak only one book into North Korea or China, which book would you sneak in? I would probably take John, but it doesn't have repent in there at all.... does that mean I shouldn't bring that book?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

if I was suicidal and following this logic, I would never be able to come clean enough for God, and what would happen in my mental state? there is many (family) accounts of people with depression following this 'come clean first before you believe on God' theory, and they ended up taking their own lives. this is dangerous.

You're saying to take these verses in CONTEXT...okay...let's do that. You DO understand that these verses were BEFORE the finished work of Christ on the cross, technically still considered the OT time frame, right? John the baptizer preached the same thing...REPENT! But, if the blood of Christ had not yet been shed, didn't they still have to go to the priests for him to confess their sins at the alter? The blood of lambs and goats didn't get rid of the sins of people permanently...Christs blood is the only thing that washes away sin. These people in the time frame you are speaking of didn't know Christ as savior. They only knew that they needed to repent. Christianity nor the church were yet established. They were in their embryonic stages. Am I saying that they weren't true believers? Not at all. I believe they repented of their sins, but upon whose name were they going to call?  Let's keep it all in context. Jim didn't add anything to the Word of God. 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 10/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, KJV1611Florida said:

Whoa… that better be a one-party consent state or that video is seriously illegal. My best research on the producer of this video suggests he’s from Florida, and that’s a two-party consent state for recordings. ?

• Administrators
On 10/22/2021 at 5:29 PM, BrotherTony said:

You're saying to take these verses in CONTEXT...okay...let's do that. You DO understand that these verses were BEFORE the finished work of Christ on the cross, technically still considered the OT time frame, right? John the baptizer preached the same thing...REPENT! But, if the blood of Christ had not yet been shed, didn't they still have to go to the priests for him to confess their sins at the alter? The blood of lambs and goats didn't get rid of the sins of people permanently...Christs blood is the only thing that washes away sin. These people in the time frame you are speaking of didn't know Christ as savior. They only knew that they needed to repent. Christianity nor the church were yet established. They were in their embryonic stages. Am I saying that they weren't true believers? Not at all. I believe they repented of their sins, but upon whose name were they going to call?  Let's keep it all in context. Jim didn't add anything to the Word of God. 

Revelation 13:8 (KJV) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Brother Tony, by your reasoning, no one was saved before Christ's crucifixion. It is true that the blood of lambs and goats could not take away sin; but it was a type of the blood of Christ and pointed forward to His crucifixion.

In the verse I supplied it is obvious that God Himself considered that Christ had already been slain from the foundation of the world.

We, the saved on earth today, look back on that event for our own salvation. Why is it so unreasonable to think that the OT saints looked forward to that event for their salvation and it was every bit as valid?

John the Baptist understood this concept. He proved it in this Scripture: John 1:29 (KJV) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

When we look at the OT, we see so many prophecies, types, and similes, that it is almost impossible to NOT see Christ and His shed blood.

• Members
58 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Revelation 13:8 (KJV) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Brother Tony, by your reasoning, no one was saved before Christ's crucifixion. It is true that the blood of lambs and goats could not take away sin; but it was a type of the blood of Christ and pointed forward to His crucifixion.

In the verse I supplied it is obvious that God Himself considered that Christ had already been slain from the foundation of the world.

We, the saved on earth today, look back on that event for our own salvation. Why is it so unreasonable to think that the OT saints looked forward to that event for their salvation and it was every bit as valid?

John the Baptist understood this concept. He proved it in this Scripture: John 1:29 (KJV) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

When we look at the OT, we see so many prophecies, types, and similes, that it is almost impossible to NOT see Christ and His shed blood.

Not at all...By my "reasoning" these people were still looking forward to the salvation that came through Jesus Christ, just as the OT saints did. After the shed blood of Christ, his burial and resurrection, they could look back. That's all I was trying to convey...just love it when you put your own spin on things. ? 

• Administrators

I am sorry if I misunderstood you Brother Tony, but what you wrote seemed to be saying they were not saved. This is what you wrote: "These people in the time frame you are speaking of didn't know Christ as savior. They only knew that they needed to repent."

I am not trying to put my own spin on what you said, you did say it just as I copy and pasted it. Taking what you wrote at face value, I can't see that you are saying anything different than that they, (the OT saints) were not saved. If they did not know Christ as savior, they were not saved.

And my confusion in what you say gets worse when you say that these same OT saints can then look back on the shed blood of Christ after His crucifiction. How so, they are long dead?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding, but that is how it reads to me. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand what you are saying.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I am sorry if I misunderstood you Brother Tony, but what you wrote seemed to be saying they were not saved. This is what you wrote: "These people in the time frame you are speaking of didn't know Christ as savior. They only knew that they needed to repent."

I am not trying to put my own spin on what you said, you did say it just as I copy and pasted it. Taking what you wrote at face value, I can't see that you are saying anything different than that they, (the OT saints) were not saved. If they did not know Christ as savior, they were not saved.

And my confusion in what you say gets worse when you say that these same OT saints can then look back on the shed blood of Christ after His crucifiction. How so, they are long dead?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding, but that is how it reads to me. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand what you are saying.

I didn't say the OT people could "look back" on the death, burial and ressurrection of Christ...but, hey...that's okay....we all make mistakes. ? You should know by now I wouldn't believe that. I do know my Bible, and pretty well at that!  If you look at it, they DIDN'T know Christ as their saviour! FACT...They knew a messiah was promised. Not a problem...Maybe I didn't word it to perfection. LOL

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 10/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, KJV1611Florida said:

You said you go soul winning every week. It sounds like you are passionate about it as well. its a wonderful thing. 

It's a wonderful that not many churches do. Especially growing up not in a Bible Belt area.

So here's the issue. I heard about soul winning a long time ago. I read so many articles on it, I watched as many YouTube videos as I could, which there are really not many other than Ray comfort style or street preaching, both of which are not really my faith. I reached out personally to several churches, called them, they never called back. I wanted to know how to do this, and had no-one to show me. Met several people that claimed to have done it, but they never took me out or showed me.

Ended up flying across the country to go out with one church.

So if you're a soul winner and grew up or got saved in a soul winning church, thats great, to learn it so quick from others. if your some poor bastard sitting at home in the middle of some heathen city, and want to go out and learn door to door soul winning, how do you learn? 

tell me the best way to reach these people and teach them, because I would have loved to know 6 years ago, without doing it in person? let me know because I prayed about this and thought about it for a couple years now. And this is what we were called to do, and this is to Glorify God's power only.

Also as a soul winner, I'm sure you've met people that are so scared to go out, they dont even want to be a silent partner. Showing them a video, you can show them how its easier than you think and you don't have to have any fear.

How has it been going, the fishing for men.