• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Soul Winning Hidden Camera - Instructional video of door to door encounters

• Members
5 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Yep, 123 follow me, say this prayer, now you're saved.

Easy believism has a stranglehold on many Baptist churches today. It doesn't produce true converts and give false hope to many. They have to BELIEVE, not just say a prayer. I find that in most of these cases there is no measurable change in people's lives...no fruit for the kingdom.

• Members

It's better to invite them to church, IMO. My pastor friend literally knocked on every door in his town of about 5,000 residents. There was a college in town (Upstate NY) and he avoided the frats and soros.  If anyone showed interest in discussing more about the bible he would try to witness to them. I went with him a few times mostly for encouragement and prayer. He also helped a pastor starting a new church up in Maine do the same thing. They knocked every door. It took him months to do this.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

It's better to invite them to church, IMO. My pastor friend literally knocked on every door in his town of about 5,000 residents. There was a college in town (Upstate NY) and he avoided the frats and soros.  If anyone showed interest in discussing more about the bible he would try to witness to them. I went with him a few times mostly for encouragement and prayer. He also helped a pastor starting a new church up in Maine do the same thing. They knocked every door. It took him months to do this.

I have a pastor friend in Illinois who knocked on every door in town (about 5K) several years back, just after he had taken the church he now pastors. They have had many members leave because of the economy in Illinois, and so his church attendance is down. There are other pastors in town who have gained some of his people, but these churches preach little or no gospel. The other Baptist church in town is SBC and it is very worldly in it's standing. The people who went there from his church had very "itchy ears." They didn't want the Gospel and sound preaching, but an excuse for their sinful lifestyles.

• Members
On 10/18/2021 at 9:50 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Yep, 123 follow me, say this prayer, now you're saved.

The Gospel in a nutshell is John 3:16. Over and over in the Bible its called a gift, is a gift hard to receive ? if its "hard" that means you worked for it, you can not outwork what JESUS did on the cross. our works are as filthy rages. look up what a filthy rag was used for in bible days, its disgusting. 

Some Churches say "Repent of all your sins and then believe on Jesus". ... Well repent of your sins for salvation is no where in the Bible. The only sin you have to repent from is the sin of unbelief. 

I don't think this forum is supposed to be used for theological debate, that is endless, but seriously how do you people that teach works based salvation or Calvinim share "The good news"

Knock Knock... Hey Jesus loves you, but you better put down the cigarette, stop cussing, dont even think of lust because Jesus saw that's adultery in your heart, dont hate, dont have envy, here's a list of 4,000 sins... stop doing those. OKAY BYE! 

that is not the good news. You Come to God first, he helps you with the rest, you come to him as you are. 

• Members
On 10/19/2021 at 3:08 AM, BrotherTony said:

Easy believism has a stranglehold on many Baptist churches today. It doesn't produce true converts and give false hope to many. They have to BELIEVE, not just say a prayer. I find that in most of these cases there is no measurable change in people's lives...no fruit for the kingdom.

I've seen the change first hand, even in my own family, I witnessed my nephew just come to the lord last month, he had a very troubled life, "123 repeat after me" well guess what after that day, he was in and out not completely sure, then the Holy Spirit moved through him, and he asked us to get baptized about 2 weeks after, and has been coming to church every Sunday. 

For time sake this is one example, however 75% of our members are in church because someone knocked on their door.

let me tell you what the prayer does. God told us to do that. does it mean you will be saved? no, its what's in your heart, thats why we tell people its what in your heart that matters, not a magical prayer.

but here is why the prayer is so important. if you ask someone to pray, and they say no, that is the ultimate litmus test of their heart. if you do not want to pray but say you believe all these things, something is wrong. 

because every time someone let me read scripture, and they dont want to pray after, I ask them what's holding them back. the list of answers will be, well I believe in science and evolution, well I had an abortion, well I murdered in the military, then we go back, walk them down romans road again and this time go through the points of their concern, and then they are either ready to receive, or you planted the seeds, and leave, and God gives the increase.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:16 AM, SureWord said:

in the video he literally invited her to church. just remember "you may be the only bible someone will ever read". There are kids on the streets of America, right now, that never heard of Jesus, I wouldn't believe that statement if I haven't saw it twice already. They took God out of schools, TV, even on a video game forum I saw, if you type in God, and hit post, it will change God to "time". ie. only God will know when ..... to Only Time will know when.

so what is inviting someone to church when they dont even know what goes on in an church? you have to leave as much scripture as you can. 

I wish someone would have knocked my door in college, ESPECIALLY when I was in the Frat houses, doing wicked things. I was hungry for God and Love and Truth and looking in the wrong places. I would have listened, because it also happened to me later on in college and the seeds were planted.

• Members

Let me tell you some reasons why we go out and do this, as I think many of the scoffers of Soul winning using bible verses, have never actually been out.

If you've ever been out with us, we pray before we go out, and we ask God to lead us to those that need to hear the word. we are not out randomly. We are doing God's work. How am I so certain of this? Well when we meet people, and they answer the door and are in tears, and going through some troubling time, and need God in their life right at that point, and we prayed and God showed us where to go, well this is not a coincidence to me. When we go to peoples houses, lead them to the Lord, and then at the end, they ask, very strangely, why we came to their house specifically, "did someone tell you to come here" "are you going around to all of the neighborhood or just here", or when they tell us they prayed to God that day or have been praying, and we show up, that is God showing us where to go. its undeniable if you are out there with us.

When we Lead people to the Lord, or plant seeds, and sometimes get phone calls even two years later, and the person saying, ive been thinking about that time, for two years, and im ready to come to church. Or when we lead someone to the Lord, and then tell them we are picking them up Sunday to get baptized, and they get baptized, and they start coming to our church, and become regular members. its undeniable. the only person that would deny these works, and say they dont work, is Satan, the only person putting things in your ear to not go out and share the Gospel, is Satan. he did it to me for a long time, and I dont listen to him anymore. There is no way to share the good news, when you are teaching someone a works based salvation, that is not good news. there is a clear distinction between having faith which produces good works, and salvation. Salvation Is free, you works are garbage compared to the amount you have sinned in your life. you will never do more good than you have bad. if you are relying on yourself to get to Heaven, well good luck with that.

Jesus didn't go out and invite people to church, he went out and cut them down with the truth:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Jesus went to as many cities as possible, and talked to as many people. If you show people the truth, and they want to know, and are convicted, they will go to church, you dont even need the invite. however we do it anyways, and get lots of people in the church. We go soul winning sometimes as far as an hour from our church (obviously we do local too), so we can plug them into a closer church to them. Remember you may be the only bible they will ever read.

its also important to go back about repentance, after they Accept Christ, because as soon as you leave, a mormon or JW will knock on their door and try to lead them astray.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, KJV1611Florida said:

The Gospel in a nutshell is John 3:16. Over and over in the Bible its called a gift, is a gift hard to receive ? if its "hard" that means you worked for it, you can not outwork what JESUS did on the cross. our works are as filthy rages. look up what a filthy rag was used for in bible days, its disgusting. 

Yes, John 3:16 is the Gospel in a nutshell; So  why not open the conversation with it, why does it have to be, " if you were to die today, are you 100% sure you would go to heaven"? Where is that found in the Bible? Where is it found that they have to say a prayer to be saved. I have heard people from the "easy believism" crowd speak of their witnessing and indicating that the person witnessed to didn't say the prayer, indicating that they didn't get saved. But, if the person says the prayer, they will "count" it as being saved and tell others that the person was saved.

Some Churches say "Repent of all your sins and then believe on Jesus". ... Well repent of your sins for salvation is no where in the Bible. The only sin you have to repent from is the sin of unbelief.

If you think that repentance of sin is not in the Bible, you are in serious need of sound, biblical teaching.
 Matthew 3:2 (KJV) And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. This was the message of John the Baptist.
Mark 1:15 (KJV) And saying,
The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. It was alsothe message of Jesus.
Mark 6:12 (KJV) and they went out, and preached that men should repent. It was the message that the Apostles preached in obedience to Christ.

I don't think this forum is supposed to be used for theological debate, that is endless, but seriously how do you people that teach works based salvation or Calvinim share "The good news"

I know of no one here that preaches a works based salvation, or Calvinism.

Knock Knock... Hey Jesus loves you, but you better put down the cigarette, stop cussing, dont even think of lust because Jesus saw that's adultery in your heart, dont hate, dont have envy, here's a list of 4,000 sins... stop doing those. OKAY BYE! 

that is not the good news. You Come to God first, he helps you with the rest, you come to him as you are. 

• Administrators

No one is saying "don't go out soul winning", it is the "method" I was speaking against. This is not a "numbers game". But I have heard some in the "easy believism crowd" almost revel in the number of people they have got to say "the prayer."

As a matter of first hand experience, I heard one of these people tell that they had twenty soul winners go out to knock doors and the result was twenty people got saved.

No one is "scoffing soul winning", it is, once again, the method I am against.

• Members
54 minutes ago, KJV1611Florida said:

I've seen the change first hand, even in my own family, I witnessed my nephew just come to the lord last month, he had a very troubled life, "123 repeat after me" well guess what after that day, he was in and out not completely sure, then the Holy Spirit moved through him, and he asked us to get baptized about 2 weeks after, and has been coming to church every Sunday. 

For time sake this is one example, however 75% of our members are in church because someone knocked on their door.

let me tell you what the prayer does. God told us to do that. does it mean you will be saved? no, its what's in your heart, thats why we tell people its what in your heart that matters, not a magical prayer.

but here is why the prayer is so important. if you ask someone to pray, and they say no, that is the ultimate litmus test of their heart. if you do not want to pray but say you believe all these things, something is wrong. 

because every time someone let me read scripture, and they dont want to pray after, I ask them what's holding them back. the list of answers will be, well I believe in science and evolution, well I had an abortion, well I murdered in the military, then we go back, walk them down romans road again and this time go through the points of their concern, and then they are either ready to receive, or you planted the seeds, and leave, and God gives the increase.

54 minutes ago, KJV1611Florida said:

MY (BrotherTony) RESPONSE TO KJV1611fLORIDA....   EASY BELIEVISM is a quick 1,2,3 pray after me method that many IFB churches began using back in the 1970s. One of the largest propogators of this abhorrant practice was a pastor named Jack Hyles. My observations of the practice, and my own participation in the church I was raised in produced SOME true converts, but produced more false converts than not. I'm not saying that some conversions can't be real, because there are true converts. But, the church is doing a disservice to people by letting them believe that just because they say at prayer they are saved. Many of these converts go right back into their lives as bound for Hell as they were before they repeated the prayer after somebody. Christians need to be careful about the seriousness of the presentation of the Gospel of Christ. 

I have gone "door-knocking" thousands of time, as well as street preaching. Both are good things...useful tools in building the kingdom. I don't think anyone here would disagree with that. If it hadn't been for a woman on bus visitation in Pekin, IL in 1971, my mother would never have come to know the Lord, and my family wouldn't have come to know Christ. My mother's acceptance of Christ was genuine, but it took a few days for the Gospel to finally sink in, and for my mother to accept him. 

Edited by BrotherTony
Problem with post...shows KJV responding when it was BrotherTony

• Administrators

We go out soulwinning every week, and I do believe that it is Biblical to do so.

We do need to be careful about just leading people into prayer for the sake of us getting off their doorstep. This truly needs to be a decision on their part and not pressured into praying a prayer that will not save them. I know a church of 20 that has leads hundreds to Christ every year. In their bulletin it said at times that on soul-winning they led 80-100 in Christ that week and 500 saved for the year. Not one single one there at the church from the the year total of 500 saved. 

I understand that it takes time for people to grow in Christ, but the key here is growth. If there is none in ones life, were they truly saved? 

• Members
16 minutes ago, SureWord said:

A big problem I've seen is the quick, canned prayer and then there is never any follow up. 

That was never a problem with the people that said the prayer with me....I always followed up with them. Many ended up being genuine converts to Christianity, but many others ended up only saying the prayer thinking it was a "fire-escape" for themselves. They might be surprised when they never see heaven.

• Administrators

On a side note, I think it's kinda strange to be secretly filming the person you're trying to win to Christ. I have no problem with filming, but if it's done secretly... well, that's kind sends of red flags to me.  It's a whole another level to then put that on social media.