• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Preachers addicted to opioids

• Members
9 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I know this is a big problem in society today that people after having surgery are getting addicted to Opioids. This can happen to anyone even preachers. So be safe out there and seek help if this applies to you, you are not alone.

Help Me Out GIF

@E Morales, may I respectully ask why you keep posting things like this...especially about preachers? It truly seems to me that you have problems with the church, with pastors, and with any kind of authority. You may be asking and stating these things in all sincereity, but, they seem a bit off to me, and make me question your motives. I, for one, was given several prescriptions for pain medications, and I took them for over 25 years. Was I "hooked" on them? I don't know. I know that I stopped taking them in March of 2020...Morphine, oxycontin, etc. I had several weeks of light withdrawal, but I have been free of them since then....though I have, because of my pain levels, been encouraged by others to go back on them for quality of life and pain control. I see nothing wrong with people using them if there is a true need...even on a continuing basis. In my case, and the case of my wife, we both have had severe back trauma. She doesn't take opioids, though she did for a few weeks. I never went into rehab...I went to a Bible study group that did some part-time focusing on addictions. They helped me to stay away from the meds, but, even they have said because of the severity of the pain that I probably need to be on a limited amount of pain killers. I was actually on one of the highest legal doses one could take for both of the drugs. It's been 19 months, and I've been tempted, but I've not given in. I know several pastors who have had use of opiods, but they haven't abused them. I never abused them, but took them as the doctors prescribed. Never a problem. I see nothing wrong with their use within boundaries. It's not a popular view, but I also don't see anything wrong with the use of medical marijuana for same. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

@E Morales, may I respectully ask why you keep posting things like this...especially about preachers? It truly seems to me that you have problems with the church, with pastors, and with any kind of authority. You may be asking and stating these things in all sincereity, but, they seem a bit off to me, and make me question your motives.

I am sad to say I agree with this assessment. It deserves and answer.

• Members
7 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

@E Morales, may I respectully ask why you keep posting things like this...especially about preachers? It truly seems to me that you have problems with the church, with pastors, and with any kind of authority. You may be asking and stating these things in all sincereity, but, they seem a bit off to me, and make me question your motives. I, for one, was given several prescriptions for pain medications, and I took them for over 25 years. Was I "hooked" on them? I don't know. I know that I stopped taking them in March of 2020...Morphine, oxycontin, etc. I had several weeks of light withdrawal, but I have been free of them since then....though I have, because of my pain levels, been encouraged by others to go back on them for quality of life and pain control. I see nothing wrong with people using them if there is a true need...even on a continuing basis. In my case, and the case of my wife, we both have had severe back trauma. She doesn't take opioids, though she did for a few weeks. I never went into rehab...I went to a Bible study group that did some part-time focusing on addictions. They helped me to stay away from the meds, but, even they have said because of the severity of the pain that I probably need to be on a limited amount of pain killers. I was actually on one of the highest legal doses one could take for both of the drugs. It's been 19 months, and I've been tempted, but I've not given in. I know several pastors who have had use of opiods, but they haven't abused them. I never abused them, but took them as the doctors prescribed. Never a problem. I see nothing wrong with their use within boundaries. It's not a popular view, but I also don't see anything wrong with the use of medical marijuana for same. 

Thank you for serving and replying to my post, someone needed to hear this. Your testimony will help someone in need. Why did I post this topic? I don’t know.

E Morales

p.s I support pastors and true preachers 100%