• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Not able to access my account

Guest DiscipleLuke

Guest DiscipleLuke

This is forum member Disciple.Luke. I am having to post as a guest because I can no longer access my account. The entire time I’ve been on here I’ve always used my username to log but now it is requiring my email address to log in without the username being an option. The problem is that I signed up so long ago that I have no idea which email address I used to sign up and there isn’t any option to recover it on the log in menu. It only allows you to recover a password. I have spent the last two days trying all my different emails and trying to remember old ones that I no longer use but none of them are correct. 

is there anyway I can troubleshoot this issue so I don’t have to start over with a new account?

I can be reached on my main email lpurciful.grace@gmail.com if anyone can help. I will be more than happy to prove my identity if need be and there is at least one forum member (Brother Tony) who can confirm who I am easily through mutual friends outside the forum.

Thank in advance 

• Administrators

You will not have to restart over. The new software update changed the way one logins in for security reasons. If you email me your email address, I'll change your account to the one you provide.

You can email me at matt@mattsouza.org

• Administrators

Even I would not have known that. That is one reason why I did not try to remedy this for him, didn't even know about it. I make it a habit on any forum I visit or administer to just never log out. It saves a lot of problems and almost all forums have a feature that recognizes me each time I visit.

I was wondering if this is something that other mods and admins can fix, that way someone having this problem doesn't have to wait until you are online and see the problem.

• Members
12 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

You will not have to restart over. The new software update changed the way one logins in for security reasons. If you email me your email address, I'll change your account to the one you provide.

You can email me at matt@mattsouza.org

Yes, he sent me a message on messenger about this. It's really him. Just wanted to let you know he had told me about the problem as well, and that he had mentioned that I could verify who he was. ? Thanks.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Even I would not have known that. That is one reason why I did not try to remedy this for him, didn't even know about it. I make it  habit on any forum I visit or administer to just never log out. It saves a lot of problems and almost all forums have a feature that recognizes me each time I visit.

I was wondering if this is something that other mods and admins can fix, that way someone having this problem doesn't have to wait until you are online and see the problem.

If you know what their email address is (If they send it to you) you can update it in their profile. 

2 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Yes, he sent me a message on messenger about this. It's really him. Just wanted to let you know he had told me about the problem as well, and that he had mentioned that I could verify who he was. ? Thanks.

Thank you. I can update his email address if you have it. That will allow him to log back in.

• Members
1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

If you know what their email address is (If they send it to you) you can update it in their profile. 

PastorMatt, I sent him a copy of your reply because he said he couldn't access it. I don't have his email address for you, but I believe he'll be sending it soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
2 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Thank you Pastor Matt and Brother for helping me regain access to my account. Glad to be back!

I'm glad you finally got this sorted out and look forward to you posting again! Blessing, Brother.

BT