• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Trump starting his comeback….

Go to solution Solved by HappyChristian,

• Members

I don't think he's gonna run. I think it's just the media fearmongering and whipping up the Left. Trump holding rallies is just because he likes the attention.

I wish DeSantis would run but why would anyone want to be POTUS.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I believe the elections of November 8, 2022 have proven that Mr. Trump is a liability to the Republican Party. I believe many others are finally seeing this for the first time. The inability of many of the Trump supporters to gain office helped to prove that Mr. Trump isn't helping anything. I believe Ron DeSantis or Nikki Haley would be a great POTUS! I'd vote for either one. I still would be hard pressed to vote for Mr. Trump again. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Napsterdad said:

I have never been a Trump fan. To me he has always been the the lesser of two evils on the ballot. I wish he would just go away, but doubt his ego will let him do so. He will do nothing but reduce those who would otherwise vote Right. 

My personal question ?‍♂️ would you vote for a Democrat, if Trump is running for president. This is a “tough question. I would not vote for him again, but neither would I vote Democrat.

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

My personal question ?‍♂️ would you vote for a Democrat, if Trump is running for president. This is a “tough question. I would not vote for him again, but neither would I vote Democrat.

For me this is not a tough question. I always vote. I always vote for the candidate whose stand on the issues is closest to representing the Biblical perspective. Since I've been a Christian (1981) that has never been a democrat. I do not always necessarily vote the two-party line. In 2008 I voted for Chuck Baldwin because I could not stomach John McCain (RINO) and Obama was definitely out. This was a write-in vote because New York refused to put Mr. Baldwin on the ballot. Quite a few people told me I just threw my vote away, but my conscience is clear.

If you do not vote, then do not complain about the results as you are part of the problem IMHO.

• Members
2 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

For me this is not a tough question. I always vote. I always vote for the candidate whose stand on the issues is closest to representing the Biblical perspective. Since I've been a Christian (1981) that has never been a democrat. I do not always necessarily vote the two-party line. In 2008 I voted for Chuck Baldwin because I could not stomach John McCain (RINO) and Obama was definitely out. This was a write-in vote because New York refused to put Mr. Baldwin on the ballot. Quite a few people told me I just threw my vote away, but my conscience is clear.

If you do not vote, then do not complain about the results as you are part of the problem IMHO.

Good answer, I have another question, do you think that the Republican Party will need to except gay marriages, abortions, and the legal use of recreational marijuana, to have any chance, of wining the White House office back again? If they don’t accept these terms, it will be very hard for anyone to win. I’m of course against them. The LGBTQ plus other letters are killing America, look what happened to Boston Massachusetts, and many other states.

• Members
14 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

My wife and I had to do a write in as well when it came to McCain. We couldn't stomach his two-faced way of doing things, and we definitely didn't want him in the White House trying to appease the Democrats. Write in was the only thing we could do, unless of course we voted for the Libertarian candidate on the ballot. I've been told I wasted my vote and helped put Obama in the White House, but I don't believe that. 

11 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Good answer, I have another question, do you think that the Republican Party will need to except gay marriages, abortions, and the legal use of recreational marijuana, to have any chance, of wining the White House office back again? If they don’t accept these terms, it will be very hard for anyone to win. I’m of course against them. The LGBTQ plus other letters are killing America, look what happened to Boston Massachusetts, and many other states.

There are many Republicans in Congress, both the House and the Senate that already support the LGBTQ+ movement. Many of them also support the recreational use of marijuana. But, I don't believe that supporting these things will be a key to getting the Republicans back into the White House. 

• Members
11 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

BT. the Republican have a job to do. Don’t let those liberal under cover Rep. run for office. Those that you mentioned, that supports immorality.

One can't stop people from voting for whoever they wish. And, no matter what party is running (as far as I'm concerned the Republicans and the Democrats are one party...two sides of the same dirty coin) there are those who support the causes you listed. One cannot legislate morality. It's never worked, and won't work until we are in the Kingdom of God. There God will have his will and way, and nobody will oppose it. 

• Members
56 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

One can't stop people from voting for whoever they wish. And, no matter what party is running (as far as I'm concerned the Republicans and the Democrats are one party...two sides of the same dirty coin) there are those who support the causes you listed. One cannot legislate morality. It's never worked, and won't work until we are in the Kingdom of God. There God will have his will and way, and nobody will oppose it. 

If you had to move from this country, looking for a country that support Christianity at a higher level, what country would that be?

• Members
15 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I don't care what the Republican Party accepts or doesn't accept. I am not a Republican. Tony has it right when he said, "Republicans and the Democrats are one party...two sides of the same dirty coin". I am independent. I vote for the candidate who holds to or has performed closest to the Bible. If that candidate is not a part of the 2-party system, that doesn't bother me; neither am I. No candidate will ever meet all criteria, but you have to vote for someone, or as I said earlier, you're part of the problem.

2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

If you had to move from this country, looking for a country that support Christianity at a higher level, what country would that be?

As to this question, I have been to many countries through my military and civilian careers and, of those, America is still the best.