• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Numbers In The Bible Devotionals

• Members

Would anyone be interested in reading mine and Kate Plourde's Numbers In The Bible Series from 2007? I am sure I probably posted at least some of those studies back in the day, but I have found usually anything that old on these boards are either archived or the threads are locked (and often have only some of the content readable and with weird quirky formatting from the old html). The series ended up going for 60 days, a few of the studies are pretty long. I will post the intros to the studies we had on our sites. It will be hard to control myself, but I can post one a day (or one per weekday) until the series is done. That would be two months of devotionals, if anyone is interested.

I am currently proofreading the Swordsearcher module I made for it - and that will be a few more days until it is finished (checking links, formatting).

Introduction To This Series 
Numbers In The Bible Series

The following is our original Introduction to our Devotional/Bible Study series we put together and posted on our sites in 2007: 

I am so excited to announce that next week, my webpartner on EarnestlyContending.com, Kate Plourde, and I (Jerry Bouey) will be starting a 30-day (we extended it to 60 days) devotional series. We will be working together to bring you devotionals dealing with "Numbers in the Bible." These devotionals will be posted on both of our blogs, Buy The Truth and Maranatha, so you can catch them at either site. We'll be starting with sevens and eights, but not limiting ourselves just to those numbers because there is so much to glean from in this area! We're looking forward to working together on this and pray that you will join us over the next 60 days and receive a blessing!

This series will be posted each weekday (there will be thirty - now sixty - devotionals altogether in this series, so it it will actually take us more than a month to cover them all). Kate and I will be alternating the studies. We have decided to use one of my devotionals first, then one of hers. Each of us will add their own perspective to each new devotional posted. We want to have a good variety of devotionals to keep you interested, to pass on what has really blessed our hearts from various passages the Lord has impressed on our hearts, and to be a blessing to all those who read our blogs. 

Kate has been posting her 30 day devotionals series throughout 2007, and I have been intrigued by the variety and insight in them. We have bounced ideas off of each other - sometimes taking and building upon what the other has written, interacting with one another and further developing newer studies - many times what one of us has written or posted has been the springboard for deeper digging into the Scriptures for the other, for being challenged on various themes or passages. We have been Admins together on a wonderful message board (The Fundamental Baptist Forum), been webpartners on our personal websites (though the content of each site is our own, we are united under one solid banner of EarnestlyContending.com, with another friend of ours, Angela Trenholm), and to an extent helped each other develop our own blogs, so I truly am looking forward to working together on this new project. 

Please leave your comments and suggestions for further devotionals in this series, as we are still choosing which passages, etc. to cover over the course of the next month or so. We would love to hear your feedback, as well as what studies or portions of a study really spoke to you. 

As a guy, I am a little impatient and cannot wait until next Monday to post the first in this new 60 day devotional series, so I am going to post that right away... But we will still have to wait for Tuesday for Kate's first devotional in this series. We hope you like learning about praising the Lord, because that is the theme of the first several devotionals that will be posted. See you next week! 

Note: When this series was originally written and posted on our blogs, Kate had included pictures with each post. Some of her opening comments in her studies refer to these pictures. These pictures are not essential to the basic lessons of these devotionals and are therefore not included here.

Day One - Be Glad And Rejoice (by Jerry)
Day Two - Bless The Lord (by Kate)
Day Three - Sevenfold Praise - Part One: Seven Ways To Praise God (by Jerry)
Day Four - Five Things God Did For The Sinner (by Kate)
Day Five - Sevenfold Praise - Part Two: Seven Reasons To Praise God (by Jerry)
Day Six - The Nine Cares Of A Shepherd (by Kate)
Day Seven - Fourfold Picture Of Water From The Rock (by Jerry)
Day Eight - The Lord's Eight Provisions (by Kate)
Day Nine - The Eight Rocks Of Scripture (by Kate)
Day Ten - Grace To Fret Not (by Jerry)
Day Eleven - Paul's Final Exhortation To Timothy - Part One: The Preacher And His Preaching (by Jerry)
Day Twelve - Seven Reasons God Wrote To Believers (by Kate)
Day Thirteen - Paul's Final Exhortation To Timothy - Part Two: The Preacher And His Living (by Jerry)
Day Fourteen - Five Ways God Is With Us (by Kate)
Day Fifteen - God Gives Perfect Rest (by Kate)
Day Sixteen - Paul's Final Exhortation To Timothy - Part Three: The Preacher And His Graduation (by Jerry)
Day Seventeen - Eight Ways The Lord Gets Personal (by Kate)
Day Eighteen - Paul's Final Exhortation To Timothy - Part Four: The Preacher And His Victory (by Jerry)
Day Nineteen - I Am The Lord That... (by Kate)
Day Twenty - Eight Reasons David Loved The Lord (by Jerry)
Day Twenty One - Five Peculiar People (by Kate)
Day Twenty Two - I Am Thine (by Jerry)
Day Twenty Three - The Seven Comforters (by Kate)
Day Twenty Four - Is Your Name Written Down? (by Jerry)
Day Twenty Five - Seven Points Of Prayer (by Kate)
Day Twenty Six - Eight Daily Blessings (by Jerry)
Day Twenty Seven - The Three In One Blessing (by Kate)
Day Twenty Eight - Eight Things God Requires Of Man (by Jerry)
Day Twenty Nine - Overcoming (by Kate)
Day Thirty - Gracious And Compassion Come In Threes (by Kate)
Day Thirty One - The Threes Found In Psalm 1 (by Kate)
Day Thirty Two - Twelve People That God Blesses (by Kate)
Day Thirty Three - Jesus' I Am Statements - Part One (by Jerry)
Day Thirty Four - The Armour Of God (by Jerry)
Day Thirty Five - Jesus' I Am Statements - Part Two (by Jerry)
Day Thirty Six - The Perfect Holy Spirit (by Kate)
Day Thirty Seven - The Seven Depictions Of Christ In Revelation (by Kate)
Day Thirty Eight - My Seven Most Used Passages (by Jerry)
Day Thirty Nine - Ten Plagues (by Kate)
Day Forty - My Seven Favourite Verses (by Jerry)
Day Forty One - Given By The Father To The Son (by Jerry)
Day Forty Two - The Son Of God (by Kate)
Day Forty Three - Be Strong And Of A Good Courage (by Jerry)
Day Forty Four - The Perfect Water Of Life (by Kate)
Day Forty Five - Laodicea, The Lukewarm Church (by Jerry)
Day Forty Six - The Gift Of God (by Kate)
Day Forty Seven - God's Perfect Grace (by Kate)
Day Forty Eight - Precious And Growing Faith (by Jerry)
Day Forty Nine - He Is Their Help (by Kate)
Day Fifty - Happy Is The Man (by Kate)
Day Fifty One - Forgiven (by Jerry)
Day Fifty Two - Fear And Wisdom (by Kate)
Day Fifty Three - Behold: A Fivefold Picture - Part One (by Jerry)
Day Fifty Four - Jesus' I Am Statements - Part Three (by Kate)
Day Fifty Five - Behold: A Fivefold Picture - Part Two (by Jerry)
Day Fifty Six - Be Ye Holy (by Kate)
Day Fifty Seven - Turning Bitter Waters To Sweet (by Jerry)
Day Fifty Eight - Five-Fold Trust (by Kate)
Day Fifty Nine - The God Of Second Chances (by Jerry)
Day Sixty - Three Steps To Christ In A Two-Fold Way (by Kate) 
Extra Study - The Shepherd

30 Days Series Continued!

Obviously if you have been following this series so far, you will have realized that we have gone over our intended thirty days for this series of Numbers In The Bible. It has been such a blessing to both Kate and I that we have decided to do another 30 days.

Are there any particular numbers/passages you are interested in digging deeper into? What study in this series has been the most blessing to you? How has it strengthened your walk with the Lord? Studying out these various passages and themes has drawn me closer to the Lord, brought conviction in some areas that I needed to work on, left some lasting impressions, and simply given me much food for thought and even more precious promises to cling to. I hope it has done the same for you. Please feel free to leave your input - as that is always an encouragement to both of us.

While some devotionals in this series have been long enough to call indepth studies - I still believe they are "devotionals", because they have certainly strengthened my devotion to the Lord, and have been a source of spiritual strength to others. The studies that have helped me the most have been the four dealing with Paul's Final Exhortation To Timothy, and now these two dealing with Jesus' I Am Statements - it is always a blessing to learn more about our Saviour and how He is working through His servants. Next to those, I would have to say Kate's devotionals on The Nine Cares Of A Shepherd, Bless The Lord, and Eight Ways The Lord Gets Personal are my favourites. It is hard to choose... The Fourfold Picture Of Water From The Rock and Grace To Fret Not both came out of personal experiences - a dry period and a struggle with fretting in my own life. Praise the Lord for the victory He gives!

So which devotionals were a blessing to you? Enquiring minds want to know. ?

Edited by Jerry

• Members

I hope these studies are a blessing to you. If there are any here that really encourage you, strengthen your faith in the Lord and His Word, or teach you something new, please feel free to post that below or on the posts themselves.

Edited by Jerry