• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New broom vs Old broom…

• Members
55 minutes ago, E Morales said:

One member said, our new pastor is like the new broom cleaning out the place. The other member said, I prefer the old pastor, his old broom knows where all the dirt is.

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

You don't like your pastor, do you?

Maybe give him a chance a little.

• Members
9 hours ago, E Morales said:

One member said, our new pastor is like the new broom cleaning out the place. The other member said, I prefer the old pastor, his old broom knows where all the dirt is.

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

Do you have something against preachers/pastors? Or how about churches. Seems like you do an awful lot of posting in the negative. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about church, pastors...or anything as a matter of fact.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Do you have something against preachers/pastors? Or how about churches. Seems like you do an awful lot of posting in the negative. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about church, pastors...or anything as a matter of fact.

Should I leave the forum, my post are posts, that many here agree with but are afraid to talk about. Do you guys want to talk only about things you agree with? And many of my posts I support pastors, if you read them carefully like the ones you don’t agree with of me paying more salary to a preacher. And by the way you guys change the subject to my humor post with your negative attack towards me.

• Members
14 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Should I leave the forum, my post are posts, that many here agree with but are afraid to talk about. Do you guys want to talk only about things you agree with? And many of my posts I support pastors, if you read them carefully like the ones you don’t agree with of me paying more salary to a preacher. And by the way you guys change the subject to my humor post with your negative attack towards me.

We can only go by what you've posted before when a post like the one you posted here in humor. Why should you leave the forum? Nobody has insinuated that you should. We just asked if you have a problem with pastors/churches. Insinuating that we don't read your posts carefully is obtuse on your part. 

• Administrators

This is always a problem with written text, especially on message boards. Because we only see the text it is difficult to determine the frame of mind of the writer.

When I read that particular post I took it as humor, but obviously others saw it differently.

• Members
35 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

This is always a problem with written text, especially on message boards. Because we only see the text it is difficult to determine the frame of mind of the writer.

When I read that particular post I took it as humor, but obviously others saw it differently.

I didn't really realize what forum it was in...I can see the humor in it. But, I also remembered all the negative feelings E Morales seemed to be posting about pastors/churches. It was nothing personal against him...just was wondering whether or not it reflected his posts in other forums. I'm hoping it's not indicative of his feelings.