• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church businesses …

Go to solution Solved by Pastorj,

• Members
On 4/5/2024 at 2:04 PM, Pastor Matt said:

I must not be a good pastor, I only put in 20-30 hours a week into pastoring 

To be fair, my last two pastors are also the administrators of their schools. Since the school is considered a part of the ministry I lumped that into their pastoral duties.

In my mind 1 Timothy 5:17-18 is a good guide to go by: Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. 18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Elders that rule well are certainly worthy of double honour. I could not do that job, and anyone that would criticize should walk a mile in their shoes before casting aspersions. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

To be fair, my last two pastors are also the administrators of their schools. Since the school is considered a part of the ministry I lumped that into their pastoral duties.

In my mind 1 Timothy 5:17-18 is a good guide to go by: Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. 18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Elders that rule well are certainly worthy of double honour. I could not do that job, and anyone that would criticize should walk a mile in their shoes before casting aspersions. 

Thank you for sharing, just for the record I am not criticizing anyone.