• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jeremiah 17:13?

• Members

O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the Fountain of Living Water.  Jeremiah 17:13

Might this be a prophecy of John 7:37-8:11?  Thoughts please.

• Members

This passage is talking about the people in Jeremiah's time. There may be aspects that could be applied to the people in Jesus' time, but I would not say it was specifically a prophecy regarding them.

• Members
1 hour ago, James65 said:

O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the Fountain of Living Water.  Jeremiah 17:13

Might this be a prophecy of John 7:37-8:11?  Thoughts please.

Probably not specifically but when Jesus wrote in the dirt it may have brought this passage to their minds 

• 1 year later...
  • Members
1 hour ago, Joe Chandler said:

I have wondered that very thing.

It's very possible. It could have been possible that he was writing the names of those who were the accusers bringing this woman to him. Had they committed adultery with her? Some interesting things to think about.