• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please pray for my sister, Michele...

• Members

My brother in law's birthday is today. When I sent him a "Happy Birthday" wish on FB, he sent me a Message saying my sister Michele in Augusta, GA was in the hospital. She had a very serious flare-up of her MS yesterday and went into convulsions. He was at work (he works as a Richmond County (Augusta) Sheriff's deputy. He couldn't get ahold of her when he called, so he asked a friend to go and check on her. The friend found her in serious condition and called Al at work. His supervisor sent him home. He got some meds into her, and she slept until 6 PM last night. When she got up, it had started all over again. So, he took her to the ER....They admitted her. Blood work has come back and the doctor told them that the drug gabapentin wasn't being excreted through her kidney's like it's supposed to be (the same reason I quit taking this drug about 10 weeks ago), and that he would need to keep her at least overnight, and if no improvement, with the tests she needs, until at least Tuesday. Al HAS to work today...plus it's his 68th birthday. He's stressed and needs your prayers as well. I'm not sure if he's told my mother yet or not. I'm going to try to call her in just a few minutes to make sure she knows. This whole situation could use some prayer...I know Al and Michele would appreciate it, and so would the rest of our family. This is the second worst MS episode Michele has had in the past six months. The disease is progressing.  Thank-you in advance.

• Members
On 9/25/2021 at 4:28 AM, BrotherTony said:

My brother in law's birthday is today. When I sent him a "Happy Birthday" wish on FB, he sent me a Message saying my sister Michele in Augusta, GA was in the hospital. She had a very serious flare-up of her MS yesterday and went into convulsions. He was at work (he works as a Richmond County (Augusta) Sheriff's deputy. He couldn't get ahold of her when he called, so he asked a friend to go and check on her. The friend found her in serious condition and called Al at work. His supervisor sent him home. He got some meds into her, and she slept until 6 PM last night. When she got up, it had started all over again. So, he took her to the ER....They admitted her. Blood work has come back and the doctor told them that the drug gabapentin wasn't being excreted through her kidney's like it's supposed to be (the same reason I quit taking this drug about 10 weeks ago), and that he would need to keep her at least overnight, and if no improvement, with the tests she needs, until at least Tuesday. Al HAS to work today...plus it's his 68th birthday. He's stressed and needs your prayers as well. I'm not sure if he's told my mother yet or not. I'm going to try to call her in just a few minutes to make sure she knows. This whole situation could use some prayer...I know Al and Michele would appreciate it, and so would the rest of our family. This is the second worst MS episode Michele has had in the past six months. The disease is progressing.  Thank-you in advance.

Hi Brother Tony,

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's condition.  I have just prayed for her, you, Al, and your mom.  That's a tough situation for all of you.  May you all lean upon God's great grace.  I have prayed that the medical personnel would be given God's wisdom also.

• Members

Update on my sister....She's been released from the hospital and has been home for a day now. She was very dehydrated and had taken gabapentin while dehydrated. They told her that this could cause kidney damage, to NEVER take this drug while dehydrated. She didnt KNOW she was dehydrated, and the combination of being dehydrated and the gabapentin kicked her MS into gear. She's a bit weak, but she's doing better than she was. Thank you all for the prayers.