• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Our Governor want to extend his Emergency Powers through Feb

• Administrators
Our governor is abusing his power. Here is where we are at with Covid in the state of Connecticut.

Today's (9/24/21) CT COVID-19 Data from Sen. Sampson:

• 282 total Hospitalizations *with COVID-19
  • 1.88% of test yesterday can back positive with Covid
  • Less than 4% of inpatient beds in use for COVID-19
  • 490 Positive Cases out of 3.6 million residents .000136%
  • There is NO state of Public Health Emergency. The Governor must rescind his emergency powers and restore the power to the people's representatives and the people themselves.
  • Instead he is brazenly asking for approval for an extension through 2-15-22.

Where is the emergency? This is not about Covid. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:
Our governor is abusing his power. Here is where we are at with Covid in the state of Connecticut.

Today's (9/24/21) CT COVID-19 Data from Sen. Sampson:

• 282 total Hospitalizations *with COVID-19
  • 1.88% of test yesterday can back positive with Covid
  • Less than 4% of inpatient beds in use for COVID-19
  • 490 Positive Cases out of 3.6 million residents .000136%
  • There is NO state of Public Health Emergency. The Governor must rescind his emergency powers and restore the power to the people's representatives and the people themselves.
  • Instead he is brazenly asking for approval for an extension through 2-15-22.

Where is the emergency? This is not about Covid. 

I heartily agree that your governor is abusing his power. I'm sure there will be some kind of challenge going against what he's asking if you have any conservatives with a backbone!  You're correct...there IS NO EMERGENCY if the data is correct, and I see no reason  why you would post incorrect data. And you're correct that this isn't about Covid. Though it is a vicious virus, most live through it. There are exceptions...I mean, we just had a man from our church pass away on the 22nd from Covid pneumonia. His visitation is tomorrow and the funeral at 2PM on Sunday. It's the third or fourth person we've lost from this virus. Many in our church have had it, but most have recovered with the help of the Lord and prayer. 

I'm praying for y'all in Connecticut! I know there are other states where the governors are considering asking for the same thing, but up until May of next year! 

• Members

Once these tyrants obtain power they don't rescind until forced sometimes through violence. I know as Christians we shouldn't partake in this but it's a fact. These usually don't change until violence is brought. The Founding Fathers understood this.