• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The New Modern Way in having the Lord's Supper

• Members

Our church did this during one of the Lord's Supper's we had. It worked out well. The packet had the "bread" in the top section of the container...just grasp the edge and pull it opened. Then partake of the "bread." The lower cup contained the grape juice. It opened from the other side. We just left the refuse in the little communion cup holders in the backs of the pews in front of us and the cleaning crew picked them up after the services. It was a pretty reasonable way to do this! ?

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Our church did this during one of the Lord's Supper's we had. It worked out well. The packet had the "bread" in the top section of the container...just grasp the edge and pull it opened. Then partake of the "bread." The lower cup contained the grape juice. It opened from the other side. We just left the refuse in the little communion cup holders in the backs of the pews in front of us and the cleaning crew picked them up after the services. It was a pretty reasonable way to do this! ?

I notice that it is also much faster, because you hand them out just once. The juice did not have the concord grape flavor, like Welch's. The bread is unleavened, the price not bad.  

• Members
4 hours ago, E Morales said:

I notice that it is also much faster, because you hand them out just once. The juice did not have the concord grape flavor, like Welch's. The bread is unleavened, the price not bad.  

The juices flavor was never an issue for me. The bread SHOULD be unleavened if it represents Christs body. The price is pretty good, or was at that time. With the rate of inflation, I don't know what the costs are now. The last time I checked it was reasonable.