• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Favorite Bible Studies You've Done Lately

• Members

In the past I've done a lot of studies on Job, Ezekiel, Daniel and Hosea. But, I was recently doing one on Abraham and it really was something that resonated with me for some reason. I'm still in the midst of this study, expanding more and more on it. What are some of the favorite studies you've done, and why are they your favorites? What have you learned from these studies? 

• Members

A series of studies I did (and preached on Jacob) - especially on his wrestling with the Lord. Hebrews comments on that encounter:

Hebrews 11:21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

Jacob’s encounter with God changed him forever - and affected him for the rest of his life (he was leaning on his staff because of his limp due to his damaged thigh).

Genesis 32:32 Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.

• Members
57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

A series of studies I did (and preached on Jacob) - especially on his wrestling with the Lord. Hebrews comments on that encounter:

Hebrews 11:21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

Jacob’s encounter with God changed him forever - and affected him for the rest of his life (he was leaning on his staff because of his limp due to his damaged thigh).

Genesis 32:32 Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.

That sounds like a great study. I've done a paper on Jacob and his wrestling with the angel, and even preached a series of sermons on his life...but I can always use a refresher! Thanks for the input! ? 

• Members

I love how after Jacob wrestled with the Lord and realized he could not prevail by his own cunningness and manipulation, he just clung to the Lord until God blessed him and changed his name. For the rest of the book of Genesis, we see the name Israel used whenever he was walking by faith and trusting in the Lord, and the name Jacob used when he was looking at the situations around him and doubting.

https://realmccoy.earnestlycontending.com/the-seasons-of-your-pilgrimage-poem/

Look up the section Jacob Wrestling With The Lord. F.B.Meyer’s devotional added to what the Lord was teaching me about Jacob (and myself).

In Malachi, this is definitely an encouraging passage:

Malachi 3:16-17 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another:
and the LORD hearkened, and heard it,
and a book of remembrance was written before him
for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts,
in that day when I make up my jewels;
and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

• Members
On 9/21/2021 at 9:05 PM, SureWord said:

The Questions of Job.

I wrote down every question from the book of Job and tried to answer each one with scripture.

That sounds like a very interesting study. I've done some studies in Job, but nothing like what you've described. I might try that in the next year or so. ?