• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please be in prayer for my Brother-In-Law..he's fighting Covid and ready to go on a ventilator tonight.

• Members

My brother-in-law has been in the hospital in Augusta, GA for nearly a week now on oxygen...they just told his wife he has pnuemonia (Covid), and they are planning on putting him on a ventilator tonight if his breathing hasn't improved by 9 Eastern. His wife is still recovering from covid, as are his two sons who live in the same mobile home park in N. Augusta, SC. Many in our family in the Augusta area have covid right now. Many HAVE BEEN vaccinated...I'm sure they ALL would appreciate your prayers.

• Members
21 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

My brother-in-law has been in the hospital in Augusta, GA for nearly a week now on oxygen...they just told his wife he has pnuemonia (Covid), and they are planning on putting him on a ventilator tonight if his breathing hasn't improved by 9 Eastern. His wife is still recovering from covid, as are his two sons who live in the same mobile home park in N. Augusta, SC. Many in our family in the Augusta area have covid right now. Many HAVE BEEN vaccinated...I'm sure they ALL would appreciate your prayers.

I’m sorry to hear this and it doesn’t sound good what your brother-in-law is going through at this moment. I pray that you and your family find comfort in the Word of God.  

• Members

Update on my BIL in Augusta. So far he has been able to avoid the ventilator. One reason his lungs are so bad and he had gotten pneumonia is that he started smoking again 10 years ago, just after my wife's sister divorced him. He had stopped for many years...But, the stress got to him. They are saying if they can't get his oxygen levels back up over 90, they'll have no choice. He's been in the hospital now for nearly a week. He's scared, and he should be. He's saved, thankfully, and I think this has been a wake-up call for him and his wife, sons, daughter and SIL and grandkids. I'd hate to see him pass away at such a young age...he's exactly 11 months younger than I am. Our family has had enough funerals for the past six years.

2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Update on my BIL in Augusta. So far he has been able to avoid the ventilator. One reason his lungs are so bad and he had gotten pneumonia is that he started smoking again 10 years ago, just after my wife's sister divorced him. He had stopped for many years...But, the stress got to him. They are saying if they can't get his oxygen levels back up over 90, they'll have no choice. He's been in the hospital now for nearly a week. He's scared, and he should be. He's saved, thankfully, and I think this has been a wake-up call for him and his wife, sons, daughter and SIL and grandkids. I'd hate to see him pass away at such a young age...he's exactly 11 months younger than I am. Our family has had enough funerals for the past six years.

Thanks for the update, though I am sorry to hear the news. I have been praying for him and his family.

• Administrators

@BrotherTony, I don't know if they've tried this or not, but one thing that has literally saved many lives is planking. That is lying on the stomach. I know it seems to go counter intuitive for someone who has respiratory issues, but it is a real help. One of my nurse friends' sister was at death's door with CoV, and the hospital talked to her about planking. She was resistant because she didn't think it would help. No joke, they were planning her funeral. Finally she agreed to it, and it was just a matter of days before she came home. Maybe you could mention the idea of planking, if they haven't tried it?

• Members
5 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

@BrotherTony, I don't know if they've tried this or not, but one thing that has literally saved many lives is planking. That is lying on the stomach. I know it seems to go counter intuitive for someone who has respiratory issues, but it is a real help. One of my nurse friends' sister was at death's door with CoV, and the hospital talked to her about planking. She was resistant because she didn't think it would help. No joke, they were planning her funeral. Finally she agreed to it, and it was just a matter of days before she came home. Maybe you could mention the idea of planking, if they haven't tried it?

They recommend sleeping on your stomach if you have Covid. 

A little off subject but I never sleep on my back because of the "shadow people" and sleep paralysis I would occasionally experience since I was 18. Ever since I stopped sleeping on my back the night terrors have stopped.

I believe it helps with my asthma too.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, SureWord said:

They recommend sleeping on your stomach if you have Covid. 

A little off subject but I never sleep on my back because of the "shadow people" and sleep paralysis I would occasionally experience since I was 18. Ever since I stopped sleeping on my back the night terrors have stopped.

I believe it helps with my asthma too.

Right - that's why I mentioned it (that's what planking is...don't know why they call it that lol). I don't know why it helps, but it makes sense that it would help your asthma, too. 

• Members
6 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Yes, they've had him on his stomach for two hours at a time. They try to get him to walk a bit between the times when they wake him up to turn him over. They did this with my niece in Texas as well. It hasn't really helped much with my BIL, but they believe that is because he was a heavy smoker. I couldn't sleep on my stomach, and neither could my wife. We both used to, but with the damage to our spines, we both have either had to sleep on our backs (she does) and I sleep on my sides. I'm hoping they can bring him through this.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Yes, they've had him on his stomach for two hours at a time. They try to get him to walk a bit between the times when they wake him up to turn him over. They did this with my niece in Texas as well. It hasn't really helped much with my BIL, but they believe that is because he was a heavy smoker. I couldn't sleep on my stomach, and neither could my wife. We both used to, but with the damage to our spines, we both have either had to sleep on our backs (she does) and I sleep on my sides. I'm hoping they can bring him through this.

I wondered if the damage from the smoking might impede. Still praying.

17 hours ago, SureWord said:

It sounds hipper. ?

I talked to my doctor today about the why of doing it...I had assumed that gravity helped take the pressure off the lungs. He said I was correct, that the muscles don't have to work as hard. Interesting. He also said it was called proning, which makes more sense. Maybe it's a regional thing. lol

• Members
45 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

I wondered if the damage from the smoking might impede. Still praying.

I talked to my doctor today about the why of doing it...I had assumed that gravity helped take the pressure off the lungs. He said I was correct, that the muscles don't have to work as hard. Interesting. He also said it was called proning, which makes more sense. Maybe it's a regional thing. lol

We just got another update on my BIL...he has a couple of blood clots in his lungs now. We wish we knew more, like whether or not they're going to intubate him. He said that he was positive that if he was intubated he wouldn't make it. He's got a strong will, and is a fighter. I just texted him and told him that I expect him to pull through. We're supposed to go fishing next summer! 

• Members
11 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

We just got another update on my BIL...he has a couple of blood clots in his lungs now. We wish we knew more, like whether or not they're going to intubate him. He said that he was positive that if he was intubated he wouldn't make it. He's got a strong will, and is a fighter. I just texted him and told him that I expect him to pull through. We're supposed to go fishing next summer! 

Brother, my mother got the blood clots after the jab. It will be a tough battle but with God's help he'll pull through.