• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Republican Platform

• Members

A check of the actual 1956 Republican platform shows that the claims are false. 

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/republican-party-platform-1956

There is no mention of low-income communities. It does mention supporting states in dealing with economic problems, not the Federal government doing it themselves.

"We shall continue to seek extension and perfection of a sound social security system." does not mean "extension of social security" because SS was very different back then. It hadn't been raided by Congress so it meant preventing it from becoming a political slush fund. Now that it is, any "expension" means continuing its use as a slush fund, and ignoring whether or not it's sound.

The "refugees" they referred to were people escaping communist countries. Democrats today try to hamper them from coming here, and welcome people who would rather feed of America's prosperity than work toward making their home country better.

Extending the minimum wage laws did not mean raising the minimum wage, but making sure all businesses obeyed it. 

The wording for these promised were to make each of these more efficient, not to wildly expand them and throw taxpayer money at problems (making sure there would be enough kick backs for the politicians pushing the added spending)

Claiming this is like the DNC today is like saying a drug addict is the same as gramma picking up some aspirin at the grocery store.

• Members
38 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Joe Biden GIF by Creative Courage

Thankfully I'm neither Republican nor Democrat! My wife and I became moderate (right of center) Independents in the 1980s when GHW Bush became the POTUS. I never did like Bush on the Reagan/Bush ticket, but voted for Reagan both times. We usually end up voting with Republicans, as they are closest to the Scriptural positions we hold to....but, lately, it seems that's not the case. If Trump were to run again, I don't believe we could vote for him...we'd have to do a write-in or vote for the Libertarians in protest. Too many Christians have been giving Trump "Christ-like" status...and that's something we don't support.

• Members

Sad to say there is no moderate or in the middle anymore and Trump did what he had to do for his for years. I voted for him but not again, not after his last six months in office. his actions made me change my mind. He did his Duty, but lost control. I think for a Republican to win now, this person will have to support the liberal agenda, if he or she have any hope of winning at all. Right now, I am also a independent voter, but there are many atheists in this party. We are getting to a point where I believe Christians might not even vote anymore. Vote for one of the two evils. Not a good choice 

• Members
On 9/19/2021 at 6:54 PM, BrotherTony said:

Thankfully I'm neither Republican nor Democrat! My wife and I became moderate (right of center) Independents in the 1980s when GHW Bush became the POTUS. I never did like Bush on the Reagan/Bush ticket, but voted for Reagan both times. We usually end up voting with Republicans, as they are closest to the Scriptural positions we hold to....but, lately, it seems that's not the case. If Trump were to run again, I don't believe we could vote for him...we'd have to do a write-in or vote for the Libertarians in protest. Too many Christians have been giving Trump "Christ-like" status...and that's something we don't support.

So you're judging Trump by some of his followers? 

On 9/19/2021 at 7:08 PM, E Morales said:

Sad to say there is no moderate or in the middle anymore and Trump did what he had to do for his for years. I voted for him but not again, not after his last six months in office. his actions made me change my mind. He did his Duty, but lost control. I think for a Republican to win now, this person will have to support the liberal agenda, if he or she have any hope of winning at all. Right now, I am also a independent voter, but there are many atheists in this party. We are getting to a point where I believe Christians might not even vote anymore. Vote for one of the two evils. Not a good choice 

Could you be more specific about what it was that Trump did that you didn't like?

• Members
6 minutes ago, Danny Carlton said:

Could you be more specific about what it was that Trump did that you didn't like?

No, I'm judging Trump by Trump. I never have been a fan of Trump. We nearly wrote in a person in both elections instead of voting for him, but decided that since Pence was on the ticket, we'd go ahead and vote for Trump. Mr. Trump did MANY things I didn't like, but one of the things that affected us most here in Tennessee was the loosening of the regulations on water's cleanliness. Our district already had problems with the water's cleanliness not being good, but it steadily got worse under his deregulation of certain things in water purification plants. There was also the incessant bragging about what he'd done, not the Congress helping him, but what HE'D done. Yes, it is true that people like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell were against him, though they said they were for him, but the point is, without the help of many IN Congress, some of the things he wanted would NEVER have passed. I've NEVER been on the Trump Train, and I never will be.

• Members
58 minutes ago, Danny Carlton said:

Trump did very poorly with the Covid situation, he handled his Twitter account very poorly, the vice president he treated very wrong and that crazy rally at the end was wrong. Trump six months before the election saying that there’s gonna be fraud in the mail, this is just some of the things he did that I didn’t agree with, but I did voted for him twice. I was hoping America can stay conservative for a little longer, but we don’t have that choice anymore.

• Administrators

Meh - it was the media that painted Trump as not handling the covid situation correctly. Hydroxychloroquine has ALWAYS been used for sars and coronavirus treatment...until Trump recommended it and then the media and Fauci (who recommended it for coronaviruses back in 2005) all of a sudden said it was bad...thus condemning many to death. And now they're going after Ivermectin in the same way (claiming - falsely - that there are multitudes of cases of people overdosing on the horse version of it). Covid is a political tool and the media is complicit with it. Trump had no chance of getting any kind of positive media attention because nobody in the media wanted him to triumph (for want of a better word). 

Mail-in voting IS rife with fraud. If you lived in WA state, you would understand that. WA has been under that knife since the 80s, so Trump's comments were actually based in truth. What has gone on in WA for years was perpetrated nationwide this past year.

As to deregulation: the Constitution does not cede any kind of authority to the federal government to regulate state issues. The water issue in TN is TN's problem and they need to solve it - as well as in all other states. We've gotten too comfortable with leaning on the feds to take care of things that are not in their purview. 

That said, we didn't and don't like Trump. We did not vote for him the first time. Second time we did as a vote against Biden...as did multiples of people we know of who either voted for Hillary last time or didn't vote at all. But Biden got more votes than O did. bahahaha - not in a million years.  However, should he be the nominee again next time (if there is a next time) and Biden or Harris or one of their ilk are the opponent, we will vote the same way. 

American Christians need revival so that unsaved Americans can learn about Christ. Right now there is apathy even amongst Christians in regards to things of the Lord. THAT is why we are in the mess we are in (and THAT is why first the Dems with Obama and then many of the GOP - including Christians - with Trump created cult figures of them). Only then will people begin to understand again the relationship between Christianity and the Constitution God gave us. I put little to no stock in conservatives any more. 

• Members
On 9/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, BrotherTony said:

This was when the parties were closer together in what they wanted....Today's two parties are so far divided that they could NEVER work together for the good of this country.

I disagree. We have a Uni-party now. It's the American people who are divided.

4 hours ago, E Morales said:

Trump did very poorly with the Covid situation, he handled his Twitter account very poorly, the vice president he treated very wrong and that crazy rally at the end was wrong. Trump six months before the election saying that there’s gonna be fraud in the mail, this is just some of the things he did that I didn’t agree with, but I did voted for him twice. I was hoping America can stay conservative for a little longer, but we don’t have that choice anymore.

Pence is garbage.

Trump's biggest mistake was listening to his liberal son-in-law Jared.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Pence is garbage.

Yeah, I didn't address the comment about the way the veep was treated...to be quite accurate, Pence was correct in his handling of things with the count, once the Senate decided not to pursue fraud. It is not in the VEEP's purview to challenge...that must come from other members of Congress. I agree that Trump was heavy-handed toward him regarding that. But in all other areas, he was quite complimentary toward Pence. AND by choosing him as VEEP, guaranteed national attention on Pence for years to come - something that he would not have had otherwise once he did Indiana dirty.

We lived in IN when he was gov. In fact voted for him...but there were a couple of issues that showed him for what he was. I was not happy that he was VEEP, but, man...so many Christians I know were in raptures about it.