• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Refuge In The Storms Of Life

• Members

This poetry book contains 37 poems about going through trials,
and the refuge found in the Lord Jesus Christ.
There are five sections and a Bible study called:
Leaning On The Lord

The sections (and the poems contained in each) are as follows:
(You can click on any link to view that page on my poetry website https://realmccoy.earnestlycontending.com.)

Weathering The Storms
Poems on Going Through Trials

For A Season
His Voice Cries Out
Handle With Prayer
It’s Only After – by Jerry Bouey & Angela Trenholm
Our Little One – by Angela Trenholm
Still
Take A Second Look At Calvary
The Tempest Of The Lord
Under Construction

Calm Seas
Poems On Prayer and Dependence Upon The Lord

A Silent Prayer
Day By Day
Dream Or Reality?
Prayer For Faith – A Cancer Victim
Esther’s Prayer
Prayer For Perfect Peace
Wings

An Anchor For The Soul
Poems On Friendships and Close Fellowship With The Lord

Friends Forever
True Christian Friends
The Valley Of Faith
True Love
When I’m Lonely
Will You Be A Jonathan?

Peaceful Skies Ahead
Poems on New Beginnings

A Brand New Start
Be Thou Clean
Called
First Steps
Following
Forgiveness
I’ve Gone Home
God Is So Good
Why Wait Until Tomorrow?

The Master Of The Wind
Poems on The Preeminence Of Christ

In The Presence Of The Lord
Meaningless?
My Faltering Heart
Which Is Better?
Northern Lights
On My Knees

Foreward

The eternal God is thy refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms…
Deuteronomy 33:27

Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines Refuge as: Shelter or protection from danger or distress. That which shelters or protects from danger, distress or calamity; a strong hold which protects by its strength, or a sanctuary which secures by its sacredness; any place inaccessible to an enemy.

I want this book to be a comfort to all who read its contents; a source of refuge to those going through the storms of life. As my Pastor always says, “You are either going through trials, coming out of them, or preparing to go into them.”

The Scriptures and poems herein have one goal, to point to:
The Lord Jesus Christ.

The refuge He provides is found in the perfect salvation He offers by His death, burial and resurrection; complete pardon from sin and an eternal home in Heaven with our Lord.

Another definition Webster’s gives for Refuge is to flee.

Jesus is our refuge to flee to in seasons of dangers, distress, and calamity in our lives. He is our stronghold, our sanctuary, and our strong tower to flee to from our enemies.

May all who read this book be encouraged to flee to Jesus Christ, first for salvation, and then for refuge in the storms of life.

Jerry (Gerald) Bouey

If you use Swordsearcher Bible program, you can go to my website and download the module of this book for your own computer if you are interested.

Click on the links below for the zipped files of the module:

Refuge In The Storms Of Life Poetry Book (**Updated October 7/2021**)

After unzipping, put the module in the "Swordsearcher User Modules" folder in the SwordSearcher Bible Program.

Edited by Jerry

• Members

Matt, please let me know if there is another way you want me to post this or link to my poetry book, please. If it is preferable, I can add new posts here for each page (obviously, I would first search to see if I can find each old post and see if it needs to be reposted).

I searched for the old page on this site, but the coding of the site has change in close to 20 years, and the links no longer work right. Also, many of the poems are not editable by me or able to be commented on as the threads have been closed or archived due to how old they were. Some of the poems themselves don't display right anymore either.

EarnestlyContending.com and all its subdomains got hacked and we lost the sites (with all the backgrounds, music, etc.), so we had to switch to a new server. The content was backed up - but the new site is now more like a blog. I am reposting all the original content, but thought it would be a blessing to have my first two poetry books here again (or at least linked from here).

I hope these poems are a blessing to all who read them. Feel free to leave comments here or on the specific pages on my poetry site if you are encouraged or exhorted by any of them, This first book contains more of my earlier poems than the second book - though you may still glean something from them that will strengthen your soul and your walk with the Lord.

I haven't started working on the Bible Study site yet, so Leaning On The Lord isn't linked yet. However, it should still be on these boards somewhere if anyone wants to search for it in the meantime.

Edited by Jerry

• Members
40 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This poetry book contains 37 poems about going through trials,
and the refuge found in the Lord Jesus Christ.
There are five sections and a Bible study called:
Leaning On The Lord

The sections (and the poems contained in each) are as follows:
(You can click on any link to view that page on my poetry website https://realmccoy.earnestlycontending.com.)

Weathering The Storms
Poems on Going Through Trials

For A Season
His Voice Cries Out
Handle With Prayer
It’s Only After – by Jerry Bouey & Angela Trenholm
Our Little One – by Angela Trenholm
Still
Take A Second Look At Calvary
The Tempest Of The Lord
Under Construction

Calm Seas
Poems On Prayer and Dependence Upon The Lord

A Silent Prayer
Day By Day
Dream Or Reality?
Prayer For Faith – A Cancer Victim
Esther’s Prayer
Prayer For Perfect Peace
Wings

An Anchor For The Soul
Poems On Friendships and Close Fellowship With The Lord

Friends Forever
True Christian Friends
The Valley Of Faith
True Love
When I’m Lonely
Will You Be A Jonathan?

Peaceful Skies Ahead
Poems on New Beginnings

A Brand New Start
Be Thou Clean
Called
First Steps
Following
Forgiveness
I’ve Gone Home
God Is So Good
Why Wait Until Tomorrow?

The Master Of The Wind
Poems on The Preeminence Of Christ

In The Presence Of The Lord
Meaningless?
My Faltering Heart
Which Is Better?
Northern Lights
On My Knees

Foreward

The eternal God is thy refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms…
Deuteronomy 33:27

Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines Refuge as: Shelter or protection from danger or distress. That which shelters or protects from danger, distress or calamity; a strong hold which protects by its strength, or a sanctuary which secures by its sacredness; any place inaccessible to an enemy.

I want this book to be a comfort to all who read its contents; a source of refuge to those going through the storms of life. As my Pastor always says, “You are either going through trials, coming out of them, or preparing to go into them.”

The Scriptures and poems herein have one goal, to point to:
The Lord Jesus Christ.

The refuge He provides is found in the perfect salvation He offers by His death, burial and resurrection; complete pardon from sin and an eternal home in Heaven with our Lord.

Another definition Webster’s gives for Refuge is to flee.

Jesus is our refuge to flee to in seasons of dangers, distress, and calamity in our lives. He is our stronghold, our sanctuary, and our strong tower to flee to from our enemies.

May all who read this book be encouraged to flee to Jesus Christ, first for salvation, and then for refuge in the storms of life.

Jerry (Gerald) Bouey

Be encouraged in your Scriptural, prayerful exercise...

• Members

Ok, thanks. This first book is more my earlier poetry - some of my favourites from around 1993-2002, when I was a pretty young Christian (saved Nov. 1992). My second poetry book, which I will add a page for once it is uploaded, contains mostly poems from 2000-2005 (maybe a few earlier ones).

I do strive to ensure my poetry is Biblical, and have fixed possibly a few of my very earliest ones (or else don’t use them anymore). There are a couple very early ones or ones written before I was saved that I posted on my poetry site to show the searching and struggles, showing the contrast with the few written after I got saved that showed the relief and gratitude to the Lord now that I know the truth, now that Jesus saved me and I have His Word as my soul/sole authority.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

If you use Swordsearcher Bible program, you can go to my website and download the module of this book for your own computer if you are interested.

Click on the links below for the zipped files of the module:

Refuge In The Storms Of Life Poetry Book (**Updated October 7/2021**)

After unzipping, put the module in the "Swordsearcher User Modules" folder in the SwordSearcher Bible Program.

I also added the link for the study Leaning On The Lord in the first post above.

Edited by Jerry