• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Churches Abandon Baptist Name

Go to solution Solved by Hugh_Flower,

• Members
16 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Yes, it has gotten off track 

Well, I will try to help get it back on track...

Personally, I don't think a Baptist church has to have the moniker "Baptist" in the name if the doctrine is there. I know in one church we helped start years ago we used the name of the area it was started in as a "Community Church" with a line underneath that read "A Baptist congregation."  It worked quite well for several years until they got a pastor from BJU a who was charismatic in belief. He caused a division in the church and they suffered a split. The whole church, both sides of the split were absorbed into two different congregations. 

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Well, I will try to help get it back on track...

Personally, I don't think a Baptist church has to have the moniker "Baptist" in the name if the doctrine is there. I know in one church we helped start years ago we used the name of the area it was started in as a "Community Church" with a line underneath that read "A Baptist congregation."  It worked quite well for several years until they got a pastor from BJU a who was charismatic in belief. He caused a division in the church and they suffered a split. The whole church, both sides of the split were absorbed into two different congregations. 

It was sad when the church split. Hopefully, everything works out for those that had to start over. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

It was sad when the church split. Hopefully, everything works out for those that had to start over. 

In this particular case, one of the two groups ended up with a very good Bible church while the other ended up joining with a b AoG church. It's sad to see so many churches splitting and parts of them going to unsound doctrine in churches that don't have any sound doctrinal practices.

• Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

In this particular case, one of the two groups ended up with a very good Bible church while the other ended up joining with a b AoG church. It's sad to see so many churches splitting and parts of them going to unsound doctrine in churches that don't have any sound doctrinal practices.

True, the church you mention many of them It’s all about growth and numbers around here, where I live. Lots of entertainment they do have family and children programs. It’s a very huge church. I will not like to see their budget. I imagine the tithe and offerings will have to be at least $50,000 a week just to meet the basic needs. I’m not saying they’re not administering their finances well, it’s just too huge for me. I think I may be getting off-topic again. ?