• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New site in development: NotForsaking.com

• Members
If you want to check out the progress on my newest project I whipped up a development mirror to show the current status. If you go to https://dev.notforsaking.com/ you can see what I have so far.

--Monday I got the page to load all Tulsa churches.
--Yesterday I changed it to a static page and loaded the churches via ajax.
--Today I polished the design and made it look better.
--My next step is to start zoomed out showing the entire US and show grouping markers for the states, with a count of how many churches are listed in each state.
--After that I'll allow grouping markers for cities as the map is zoomed in.
--At the city level it will show what it is showing now, but for every city.
--I'll then create a filter. So far the only criteria I have other than location is denomination, so that will be the filter.
--I'll then create a form for adding more information about each individual church. I'll try to do it the way Wikipedia does and allow anyone to offer data and keep an eye on it for spammers (new data would need to be approved, by me) That way there's more chance of data being added. I'll be requesting: worship style, average attendance, photos, etc.
--I'll also have to add data for the denominations to explain them more to people unfamiliar with them.
--And I'll add a directions feature, where the map will display direction from your current location to the church you've chosen.

I have over 100,000 churches in my database all index to one of the 149 denominations. Hopefully with the denominational data each entry can have a bit more information about what theology is being taught at each individual church.