• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Things/Challenges in Your Life Have Brought You Closer to the Lord?

• Members

I know that God will often use things and events to bring us closer to Himself. What things in your lives have brought you closer to Him, making you more dependent upon him? I know that one event that drew my wife and I closer to the Lord was when she was nearly killed in an accident on her way home from work in December of 2016. It was a time of soul-searching for us, and we put our lives back into his hands. We've not regretted this in any way, shape or form. There have been other events that have helped draw us closer to him, but I'd like to hear from others here.

• Administrators

Isn't it sad that many times it's tragedy that brings is back to the Lord? 

We discipline our children so they’ll do what is right, so sometimes God disciplines us so we’ll turn around to follow Him. 

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

For me it was a few years back when I flatlined in the hospital bed.