• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

It's easy to judge people, STOP!

Gud4U

Dear all,

Greetings and many thanks for your time and care.

Please consider this a No! No! and stop judging people. We have no right to do so, and we are blind, honestly, truly, we are blind.

What do i know about you except that you show me, and how can i believe and trust my own eyes?

It's so easy to judge people and we often do, including myself, but then as soon as i realise i am judging someone i repent and start rebuking myself of having done so.

There is no good in this but we may fall in snares and we be judged, which is not desirable at all.

When you go to the church or wherever you go, you see many people, do you see them as God sees them?

Can you be sure of what someone is from what they wear and look?

Don't we know that God loves all, even the sinners! and aren't we all sinners???

Love one another, stop judging others, love them and pray for them.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Members

Our Lord said "Judge not lest ye be judged" but to remove the beam from your eye before judging a speck of dust in your brother's eye. After removing the beam then you can "cast the mote" out of your brother's eye.

People always stop short of quoting Matthew 7:5. 

The Lord's  rebuke was concerning hypocrisy not judgement. 

As Christians we are commanded to reprove the works of darkness- Eph. 5:11 

We are to rebuke through preaching- II Tim. 4:2

We are to rebuke sharply at times if immorality and false doctrine are involved so believers may be sound in the faith- Titus 1:13

Sometimes rebuke is to be made publicly- I Tim. 5:20.

In order to reprove (admonish) and rebuke (reprimand) it takes some degree of judgment. In America we are trying to rid all forms of discrimination and judgement (except against righteousness) which is pure lunacy. 

I do realize in the nation where you are living under oppression that righteous judgement can not be openly performed so you have to be much more discreet about these things. But among believers it's still possible however even much more in the spirit of kindness should judgement be done. To really want to help your brother, not to "lord" it over him, should be the motivation.

38 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Our Lord said "Judge not lest ye be judged"

You yourself quoted this, i have nothing more to say on that.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

39 minutes ago, SureWord said:

As Christians we are commanded to reprove the works of darkness- Eph. 5:11 

We are to rebuke through preaching- II Tim. 4:2

We are to rebuke sharply at times if immorality and false doctrine are involved so believers may be sound in the faith- Titus 1:13

Sometimes rebuke is to be made publicly- I Tim. 5:20.

As for rebuking, that is a different subject and not related to judging people.

• Members
3 hours ago, Totoosart said:

You yourself quoted this, i have nothing more to say on that.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

As for rebuking, that is a different subject and not related to judging people.

I can't speak for SureWord, but I believe he is saying that the Matthew 7:1 rebuke about judging others has to be interpreted in the context of the rest of the chapter. Later in Matthew 7 Jesus tells us to beware of false teachers and that we would recognize them by their "fruits" which we clearly have to use humble discernment and judgment which leads to the need to rebuke false prophets.

Jesus isn't saying that Christians can never make a judgement or turn a blind eye to false teaching or immorality. In context hes talking about the hypocritical judgement of the Scribes and Pharisees. 

But you're right we shouldn't be quick to judge but if have to do so it needs to be done out of humility and with as much understanding and compassion as possible.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members
7 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Dear all,

Greetings and many thanks for your time and care.

Please consider this a No! No! and stop judging people. We have no right to do so, and we are blind, honestly, truly, we are blind.

What do i know about you except that you show me, and how can i believe and trust my own eyes?

It's so easy to judge people and we often do, including myself, but then as soon as i realise i am judging someone i repent and start rebuking myself of having done so.

There is no good in this but we may fall in snares and we be judged, which is not desirable at all.

When you go to the church or wherever you go, you see many people, do you see them as God sees them?

Can you be sure of what someone is from what they wear and look?

Don't we know that God loves all, even the sinners! and aren't we all sinners???

Love one another, stop judging others, love them and pray for them.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

You judge my last post by saying it should be removed. Just saying you do have that right. God bless 

thanks for your inputs, people.

i for one am not willing to interpret the words of the Lord as gray, they are either white or black, there is no in between.

When the Lord expressly says don't judge, that's the end of the story, don't judge.

If you think some people need rebuking, have you considered rebuking yourself for thinking others need rebuking?

Remember when they brought Him the lady who was caught in the action, as they said, and what did Christ do?

He said the one who has no sin may begin.

What does that teach us?????

i am a sinner, i say for myself, i cannot judge anyone, i won't even judge myself, recalling Paul, he said the same, he wouldn't even judge himself.

Please, be kind to yourselves, do not judge, do not gossip, do not be jealous, be kind and forgiving.

It pains me to death to read the sort of topics people post here, which has got nothing to do with Independent Fundamental Baptist Christian believers.

i may not return here after this, it's too much, it's too far from Christ, i'd rather stay in my room, take my bible in hand and read more and study more than come here and have my mind blown away.

i came here to learn to be and live a better Christian life.

i can't find that here, so, i'll take my leave from you, humbly.

May the Lord Jesus Christ guide us all to the right Christian path, to live as a true Christian.

Totoo

• Members
10 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Wouldn't "judging" be telling someone they are doing something wrong? Aren't you then judging by telling us we are wrong to judge?

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

• Members

Remember everyone, even the Old Testament has a book called Thou-Shalt-Not-Judges… oh wait, that’s not what it’s called. Silly me.

Totoo, you will never get far in life or in your walk with the Lord if you rip things out of context. The Bible is all one seamless book. It does not contradict itself. If you arrive at a conclusion that sets passages against one another - such as believing you should never judge anything or anyone - you are deceiving yourself.

The Bible teaches all God’s people are to judge ALL things in their life by the Bible, and various passages tell us how to do or not do that.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Oh man, I guess you just proved to us all that you are not spiritual according to the Lord God Himself. Sad!

• Members
21 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Are you quite sure about that? is that in the Bible??????

Yes, it is! If JESUS is OUR EXAMPLE, he himself called out the religious fanatics and hypocrites of his day, and even some of the wicked people. The Bible tells us that we can judge people by their fruits brought forth in their lives. Your OP seems pretty judgemental to me towards the people here while you're trying to make yourself look innocent...doesn't cut the mustard here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.   Romans 13:14

Paul seems to state here, this is what Jesus called righteous judgment/discernment in John 7:24. So for our own weakness to sin we should judge no man, James 2:10. But if any person causes doubt or question our salvation thru Christ’s Blood, Scripture calls him/ her accursed Galatians 1:6-9, so this righteous judgment.

• Members

We are not THE Judge - but the Bible teaches we are to judge ALL things in our lives by the Word of God, not for the sake of pronouncing eternal judgment on them, but to be discerning and protective of our churches, our homes, our lives - and to live lives pleasing to the Lord.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 1 Corinthians 2:15

Galatians 1:6-9 has nothing to do with us judging others; it has to do with believing and teaching a false gospel (Ie. a gospel of works, or one consisting of faith/grace AND works, rather than by grace alone through faith).