• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why should i become a Christian?

Gud4U

Greetings, all,

If someone asked you: 

Why should you become a Christian?

What would you reply in answer so that you make sure they become a Christian?

i look forward to your kind replies.

By the way, keep in mind that the person asking you this might be an atheist, a wealthy person, someone who doesn't need to worry about worldly matter, or quite the opposite, a poor chap, someone alone and abandoned, in prison!

Thank you so much for your kind time and care and precious time. It means a lot to me.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless your hearts,

Totoo

1 minute ago, farouk said:

It's about recognizing that the Bible is true. (What it says about God and His beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ; what it says about us).

Of course, but what if someone asked you this question before there was a Bible?

What if they say, i don't believe this is the Book of God or anything else, what if they simply can't trust the book, as we don't believe every book we read. Why don't i believe the Quran??? a Billion believe it to be a holy book, too!

• Members
Just now, Totoosart said:

Of course, but what if someone asked you this question before there was a Bible?

What if they say, i don't believe this is the Book of God or anything else, what if they simply can't trust the book, as we don't believe every book we read. Why don't i believe the Quran??? a Billion believe it to be a holy book, too!

Well, Protestant Christians often used to say that the Bible is self-authenticating; and so Scripture really can be our starting point. Luther said he would not waste a word with someone who did not believe the Bible is the Word of God. I guess he meant that all other reasoning is ultimately circular.

5 minutes ago, farouk said:

Well, Protestant Christians

That is not what the Lord Jesus Christ teaches us.

We are to bring Christianity to the whole world.

i often wondered why of all places in the world i should come to live and stay here, i guess now i know.

My difficulty is, the people around me only believe in money and wealth, they don't feel the need for Christ. Hence i ask you kind people to help me out so i can reach out and help out as much as i possibly can.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

i asked the same question on a search engine and i found this page:

https://activechristianity.org/11-reasons-why-being-a-christian-is-totally-worth-it#:~:text= 11 reasons why being a Christian is,you from yourself.. Every day%2C the... More

1. All your sins are instantly forgiven.

Part of becoming a Christian is that you must confess your sins to Jesus and ask for forgiveness. See 1 John 1:9. If you have sinned against other people, you must put that right as well. The quicker you do it, the better. To be forgiven is a great joy and relief! You do not need to continue bearing a burden of guilt for your past sins, no matter how great or small. There is tremendous joy in knowing that you have put your affairs right before God and man. With forgiveness we are actually released from eternal perdition and are reconciled with God Himself!

2. You get help to stop consciously sinning altogether!

Even better news is that our salvation doesn’t stop at forgiveness. In fact, as a Christian you get help so that you don’t have to sin consciously, ever again. Forgiveness is an enormous gift, but how much greater to get help from Jesus in the time of temptation, before you fall in sin. You really can be free from sin! See Hebrews 2:18 and Hebrews 4:15-16.

3. The Holy Spirit starts to teach you and free you from yourself.

Every day, the Spirit wants to show you more of your own sinful human nature: stubbornness, arrogance, demands on others, envy, laziness, etc. See John 16:13. These things run deep in our nature. The Spirit teaches us to deny ourselves in these areas (and more) and take up our cross every day, just like Jesus said. As these things begin to die, gradually the virtues of Christ begin to grow and take their place. What a blessing to not be controlled by our lusts anymore! These virtues are part of the divine nature, eternal life, which has been promised to us! (2 Peter 1: 2-8)

4. You have peace and joy that nothing can take away.

As you live this overcoming life, you will have peace in your heart—peace from Jesus Himself. Nobody and nothing can take it away from you! Scriptures like Romans 8:28 and Psalm 23:1 can help you—right when life is pressing you from all sides. You know that God is in control! He guides every detail of your life with precision and you can have perfect confidence in His care.

5. Jesus is your mighty Helper and Friend!

Jesus knows what it’s like to have a human nature and be tempted by it—and He was the first to overcome, every single time. He can help you do the same thing. See Hebrews 2:18 and Hebrews 4:15-16. He is standing by your side, ready to help. You, too, can overcome in every temptation you meet! You can cast all your cares on Him. The more you open your heart to Him, with whatever you’re experiencing in the moment, the closer your relationship will become. He has promised to never leave you or forsake you.

6. Your earthly and material needs will be taken care of.

The Scriptures promise every disciple that their earthly needs will be met. See Matthew 6:31-33. Does this mean you should quit your job to read your Bible all day? No. Neither is it a guarantee that you will live in luxury. But it does mean that you will always have enough. You should not—and do not need to—be anxious about your earthly needs ever again.

7. Your life will become stable.

Believing in God and in the Scriptures will make you a stable, grounded person. See Ephesians 4:14. You won’t be knocked off balance by emotional circumstances, strong people or the latest social media buzz. You will learn to not be a pushover. You will learn to go through difficult situations, rather than avoiding them or finding an easy way out. People will respect you more, and you’ll respect yourself more.

8. You will always have something to do.

As a Christian, boredom is a thing of the past. See Ephesians 2:10. Your mission, every day, is to find God’s will in your everyday life. The Bible is your handbook, and it’s full of instructions. But you have to read it and start applying it. A simple place to start is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, for example. When you do this, you will find that you always have something to work on. You will also discover that your mission is to bring joy and blessing to the people around you! This is a life worth getting out of bed for!

9. You will have meaningful relationships.

You won’t be alone in this school! (1 John 1:7) Being a Christian in this dark world can feel lonely at times. But there is a fire blazing brightly where disciples gather to be strengthened in their mutual training. Seek this fire, and seek fellowship with disciples. You will find comfort and strength, and be challenged to live even more fervently for God. These will be the most meaningful relationships of your life.

10. You will be a light in this world.

As evil takes greater hold on this world, things just keep getting darker and darker. But the power in us through the Holy Spirit is greater than any evil in this world. See 1 John 4:4John 16:33 and 1 John 5:4. Yes! You can be a light to those around you, rather than being dragged down by the sins of our time. Don’t be dismayed by what you see, either within yourself or in the world. Jesus said, “Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

11. You will rule in the world to come.

The Christian life is one of intense training. It requires giving up everything, not just at the beginning, but again and again as the Holy Spirit leads you against your own sinful nature. But in the world to come, we will rule and reign with Jesus for all eternity. See Revelation 3:21. The end of your earthly life will become a gateway into the glory that God was preparing you for all along. You will step through the door—and into the commencement of real life. This is your calling!

If i were not a Christian and read that page, i would not convert!

i want better replies, please. Seriously, these reasons would not have satisfied me myself, let alone the worldly people around me.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Members
5 minutes ago, Totoosart said:

If i were not a Christian and read that page, i would not convert!

i want better replies, please. Seriously, these reasons would not have satisfied me myself, let alone the worldly people around me.

Wonderful !    Too many others in multitudes, in many places, and in small groups or one by one, 

were (apparently) converted , they thought and still continue to think,  by false gospels and false messages and false teachers.

Continue always seeking God's Kingdom and His Righteousness in harmony with all of His Word,  and never stop seeking Truth (Jesus),  and trust our Father in heaven to Accomplish everything as written concerning Salvation.  Yes, do what Jesus says to His disciples >  trust the Father in heaven always, as Jesus taught His disciples , confirmed by His Word as Revealed by the Father.

Thank you all,

i came up with the following, please let me know what you think:

We all have desires, either to possess something or to get away from something else.

For instance, we all desire to enjoy the pleasures of the world. And we all desire to escape pain and sorrows.

Christianity is to enjoy pleasures eternally.

Non-Christianity is to enjoy the pains and sorrows eternally.

Jesus Christ came from Heaven down to earth to save whoever trusted on him and believed in him as their Saviour.

Jesus Christ gifted His life for us on the cross to pay for our wrong doings and to save us from eternal damnation.

Jesus Christ is the only key to salvation and eternal pleasures.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless your hearts and save you, too.

Totoo

• Members

"James 4:4 - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

===============================================================

God's Word says not to widen your horizons so far as to accept sinfulness , nor to harm nor to bring harm to others, nor to study the ways and the idolatry of the pagans,  and so on.    (forgot the source of the comment)

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 John 2:15&version=KJV

1 John 2:15. King James Version Update. 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. ...

================================================================

1 John 2 KJV 

Do Not Love the World

15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Beware of Antichrists

18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

• Members
20 hours ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

"James 4:4 - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

God's Word says not to widen your horizons so far as to accept sinfulness , nor to harm nor to bring harm to others, nor to study the ways and the idolatry of the pagans,  and so on.    (forgot the source of the comment)

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 John 2:15&version=KJV

1 John 2:15. King James Version Update. 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. ...

================================================================

1 John 2 KJV 

Do Not Love the World

15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Beware of Antichrists

18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Great, searching verses there... ?