• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wilt thou be made whole?

Gud4U

Greetings, all,

Thank you for your kind attention and care and precious time.

Why do you think Jesus Christ asks us whether we would like to be made whole?

It may be simply because we are not looking at Him and our attention is on other things, such as the movement of the water upon the pool!

To make myself more clear, if you want, when the Lord asks the man with infirmity lying there beside the pool, which was supposed to heal the sick when it was troubled, He asked him not waiting for a reply, not seeking an answer, but He wanted the poor chap to look up at Him and be saved.

We, likewise, need to keep our attention and sight at Jesus, if we want to be saved, simple.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Members

"Matthew 6: 9 - 13

. . . Pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.

Amen."

There was darkness, void,  The Creator Said "LIGHT",  and LIGHT existed.  Out of the pool of the Universe He Created,  or before anything else, before the universe , He Created Wisdom First,   then forgiveness,  so men could be made whole (He Knew Man Would Sin). Whoever gets into the pool is made whole.  He bore our sicknesses and our sins upon Himself,  with all of our guilt and shame.   Our sins,   He had to die for.   The Almighty, humbled to be born a man,  suffered agony beyond all the combined imaginations and knowledge and experiential knowledge of all the men of the world,  and was crucified so we in Him Can Be Made Whole.     Who wants to be made whole ? Healed.  Saved.  Forgiven ...

Blessed Eternally is the man to whom the Creator Does Not Impute Judgement and Punishment for their sins.

2 hours ago, Totoosart said:

the pool, which was supposed to heal the sick when it was troubled

Nuances of the English language:

"supposed to" ?   

"the pool" ? 

I'll have to go read this more.   I thought whoever was first into the pool when an angel stirred 'troubled' the water was healed.  i.e. this was known or expected by those waiting around the pool and happened 'routinely' however frequently whether several times a day, or only once a week/ month/ year or more.

I don't remember if the Scripture indicates/says the angel healed them, the pool healed them, or Yahweh healed them, or the Angel of the Lord healed them,  but I'm pretty sure they were healed,  whoever was first into the pool when it was 'troubled'.

22 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

I don't remember if the Scripture indicates/says the angel healed them, the pool healed them, or Yahweh healed them, or the Angel of the Lord healed them,  but I'm pretty sure they were healed,  whoever was first into the pool when it was 'troubled'.

And Jesus Christ proved, by His kind healing of the man, that they needed Him, not the pool, see?

• Members
11 minutes ago, Totoosart said:

And Jesus Christ proved, by His kind healing of the man, that they needed Him, not the pool, see?

Perhaps.  At one or more places in the NT,  someone was healed, and did not even know who it was who healed them until later when they met Jesus again and Jesus told them.  How many are healed today you know of ? 

Yet if a man was the first one into the pool at the right time,  he was healed.   

He healed one of many who were there.   Not two.  Not three.  Just one.

In some church services, in the people assembled,   sometimes (or many times?) 

there may be one person saved out of them all.   Maybe two.   Maybe three.  Or just one, if any at all.

When the Gospel is brought to a town by a messenger of the Father,  how many will be saved ?  We don't know.  We are not to know.   We are just to do as the Father has directed us.

In twenty years asking, asking, asking.   Posting and inquiring of all the readers,  tens of thousands of readers, 

on several (so-called) 'Christian' forums,    I have sought for anyone who was ever saved via the internet.  I watched, read, searched, scoured the internet for just one person healed,  one person saved,  and found not even one.

Only recently,  someone posted that perhaps two who read internet pages found out about |Jesus|Salvation|Believers| - i.e. something pertinent to life,  and they went to someone in person as a result and were 'saved' ,   according to the report. (not verified yet)

If that did happen, then those two saved are the only two saved via the internet that I ever heard of that has at least the possibility of being truthful.

On the other hand,  I have seen many led astray by the internet, whether they were saved or unsaved, believers or unbelievers,  they were led into sin or into more sin by the internet,  not healed,  not made whole,  not saved by the internet nor via the internet.

There are testimonies, btw, of people being healed of diabetes,  ms,  cancer,  and all manner of diseases,  any disease practically,  one at a time,  when the pool is stirred so to speak,  when one moves into the pool trusting they will be healed.  When one believes a way exists to be healed,  and watches for it, seeks for it, and keeps seeking for it,   they eventually find it.   If they are most blessed,  they find the truth ,  and the truth sets them free (as written).

12 hours ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Perhaps.

My dear friend,

You may have missed the whole point of what i said in the beginning.

i apologise if what i said is not clear enough.

Allow me to spell it out for you.

LOOK AT JESUS IN ALL TIMES.

Do not allow other things, other stories, other testimonies, other whatnots get in between.

It doesn't matter if someone can heal someone by some magic or whatnot.

It doesn't matter if someone is saved by the internet or not.

We need to keep our focus and attention, our eyes at Jesus Christ.

That's all.

In all you do, see Jesus.

May the Lord bless your hearts, and mine ?

Totoo

• Members

Philippians 3:v.20-21

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.    Aleluia!!!

• Members
2 minutes ago, Oseas said:

Philippians 3:v.20-21

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.    Aleluia!!!

I love Philippians! the Epistle of Joy indeed... ?

• Members
12 hours ago, Totoosart said:

At the point that the man was healed,  did he know who had healed him ?   No.  Was he looking for Jesus?  No.

When the man was healed,  had there been already many healed before him ?   Yes (apparently for a long time)

When all the previous others were healed at the pool, by being the first in,  did they know or even look to Jesus? No. They just had to be the first into the pool.

Here is the KJV Scripture: 

"John 5

King James Version

5 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.

3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.

4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.

6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?

7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.

10 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.

11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.

12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?

13 And he that was healed wist not who it was:"

1 minute ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

At the point that the man was healed,  did he know who had healed him ?   No.  Was he looking for Jesus?  No.

When the man was healed,  had there been already many healed before him ?   Yes (apparently for a long time)

When all the previous others were healed at the pool, by being the first in,  did they know or even look to Jesus? No. They just had to be the first into the pool.

Well, dear friend,

Take a deep breath, and read what i said again.

Jesus asks that man, 'Wilt thou be made whole?'

Why? Didn't he know the answer already? Of course he did.

He asked him that question so that the poor old chap would look up to Him and get saved by His grace.

All i'm trying to say is, the passages in the Bible are mostly symbolic, one has to decode them and find where in the context they may fit it. 

For instance, i find myself to be the poor old chap who needs to be saved by Jesus Christ, and had i looked at Him earlier, i would be been saved earlier, but thanks to the Lord that i feel saved now, a whole long time later than i was called, but i feel saved now after all.

Another example may be the nation of Israel, mentioned many many times in the Holy Bible, i am Israel, i sin against the Lord, i commit all sorts of errors in my life, i am a sinner and i look upon Jesus Christ to be saved.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Members
4 minutes ago, Totoosart said:

Thanks a lot, dear friend.

Bless your heart.

Totoo

Amen!

Our Lord GOD said by the prophet Isaiah:

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.Is.45:22

Peter Apostle, inspired by the Holy Spirit, preached:  Acts 3:v.18 to 21 and 4:v.12

18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Acts 4:v.12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.            Aleluia!!!