• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

to pray or not to pray since God knows it all!

Gud4U

Greetings, all,

Thanks for your time and attention.

i have often had this conflict within me and at times given up hope for spending time praying thinking that since God knows all, past, present and future, what's the point in praying!

So i gave it up!

Till recently that i came to the understanding that praying doesn't necessarily mean asking God to do this or that for us, as if He were someone to take our orders, God forbid, or to give us this or that.

Prayers are times spent with the Lord to create an intimate relationship between us and the Lord, if not more than that.

i suppose it's an opportunity we give ourselves to talk with the Lord as a friend, as a confidant, and thus deepen our friendship with Him.

i am still in the process of learning to pray and speak with the Lord, so, if you could share your ideas about prayers and praying, i would be most grateful.

i know it's best to get into the habit of praying at a certain time, at a certain place, and regularly, and it's also best to start the day with the Lord and get to learn the mind of the Lord, His plans for us early in the morning and carry on our lives having filled our heart and soul with that wisdom.

Thank you for your time and attention, again.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Administrators

We must also remember that prayer is more than just asking God for things. It is the very same, or even more intense relationship as we have, or should have, with our earthly father. We need extend that relationship to our heavenly Father, talk to Him the way he talks to you, in love and compassion, not just asking for things.

• Members
On 9/5/2021 at 3:24 AM, Totoosart said:

i am still in the process of learning to pray and speak with the Lord, so, if you could share your ideas about prayers and praying

For what reason did Jesus Messiah instruct His own disciple:  you must become like infants/ little children or you will never see the Kingdom of Heaven ? 

We are to be like little 3 year olds walking along trusting our Heavenly Father all the time for all of our lives and everything in our lives, as Jesus does and did. 

Just like a 3 year old with his dad walking along,  seeing an object laying on the sidewalk, or something in the grass or in the street that is new to him/us/ we look up at our Dad and He Knows we want His Word , His Approval, His Permission if it is allowed to pick up the object, to know whether it be good or bad, right or wrong, helpful or valuable or harmful or to be left alone at once (don't dwell on wicked ways with sinful men or their objects). 

So we remain in union with the Father in heaven , in Christ Jesus, Daily,  Seeking His Appraisal of everything before we mess with it, pick it up, consider it, study it, have it, or even desire it. 

10 hours ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Just like a 3 year old with his dad walking along,  seeing an object laying on the sidewalk, or something in the grass or in the street that is new to him/us/ we look up at our Dad and He Knows we want His Word , His Approval, His Permission if it is allowed to pick up the object, to know whether it be good or bad, right or wrong, helpful or valuable or harmful or to be left alone at once (don't dwell on wicked ways with sinful men or their objects).

That's also possible, thanks for sharing.

Bless your good hearts,

Totoo

• Members

There is a blessedness in being able to say from the heart, 'Thy will be done'.

We may remember that the Lord Jesus - crucified, risen, glorified at the right hand of the Father - 'ever liveth to make intercession' (Hebrews 7.25) for His blood purchased people.