• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you have any problem with this photo?

• Members
On 9/6/2021 at 8:11 AM, PastorMatt said:

One of the ten commandments is "Thou shalt not kill", not that shall not own anything that can kill. We find in Scripture that God allows us to own weapons. Luke 22:37-39, 

If someone kills a brother,  what then ? 

If someone hates a brother,  what then ? 

If someone causes a brother to stumble, resulting in losing his faith or just losing peace and joy, or being cursed by God,  because of it, what then ? 

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

If someone causes a brother to stumble, resulting in losing his faith or just losing peace and joy, or being cursed by God,  because of it, what then ? 

I'm confused as to what you are asking

• Administrators

You can go on with hypotheticals all day, how about real scenarios?

1 hour ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Get to the point Jeff. No one knows what you are asking about. Just asking random questions makes no sense.

• Members
28 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

You can go on with hypotheticals all day, how about real scenarios?

Get to the point Jeff. No one knows what you are asking about. Just asking random questions makes no sense.

Specifically,  what is written in Scripture about someone who takes the life of another person ?  (whether brother or not)

• Members

1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

When and where did Jesus tell his disciples that it was OK to kill someone?

He didn't.  (not until in The Apocalypse that is)

What was the penalty executed in the NT (in ACTS) for lying to God ?

(lying is not as bad as killing someone , right ? )

• Administrators

Can someone explain to me what in the world we now talking about in this thread? ?

Do folks on here really don't know what the Bible says about murder? Are these rhetorical questions, questions where they don't know the answer, or are they patsy questions?

• Members

edit in (people appear not to know what murder is according to the Scripture,  and/or they appear to approve of murder which is not approved of by Jesus nor in the KJV Bible)

====================================================

There is potential or real sin sinfulness indicated by replies (and lack of answers to questions)

for this topic  "any problem with this photo" according to the Bible.

Some people instead of answering direct questions avoid them and deflect because of sin or because of lack of understanding or perhaps because of things not spoken about that are even worse.

If simple direct questions cannot be answered, but are avoided and/or deflected from constantly,

then what good would it do to go further or deeper on the topic of the thread ? 

1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

Who here said that Jesus told his disciples that it is okay to kill someone. ? I must have missed a post? 

Why not just answer the question like I did,  the question that was posted ?   If you did miss a post, or posts,  that is not sinful in itself , right ?  The answer is not dependent on any posts you read or any posts you missed.

• Administrators

You really didn't know the answers to the questions you asked? 

Cuz, if you are going by what you just called "lack of answers to questions", then according to your definition, your silence in that area says you don't know if murder is wrong or not. 

• Members

It is or was a sort of rhetorical question,   to help pin down the thoughts of other posters replying who seem to indicate that they think murder is okay or justified somehow.

It is with their own words they will be found not guilty or guilty one day. 

I think no one yet has answered the simple obvious question :  what was the penalty executed in Acts for lying to God ? 

Answer:  they both dropped dead.

Question:  Is murder worse than lying to God ?   Or in other words,  will God punish those who murder any less severely than God punished Ananias and Saphira  (the ones who lied to God ) ? 

Again,  those not answering ,  appearing at first now to be like BB in deflecting as several posters have accused him of right or wrong,   may be either ignorant of the Scriptures about murder,  or they are guilty and don't want to come out and agree with the Scriptures about murder ? 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

then what good would it do to go further or deeper on the topic of the thread ? 

There is potential or real sin sinfulness indicated by replies (and lack of answers to questions)

I honesty said I did not understand what you where asking and you take that as avoiding a question and call it "Sin sinfulness"? I have a very hard time following your grammatical structure in your sentences to fully understand what in the world you are asking.  That's why I asked what you where saying.

5 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

It is or was a sort of rhetorical question

Then why you calling out people for not answering? ?

• Members
8 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I honesty said I did not understand what you where asking and you take that as avoiding a question and call it "Sin sinfulness"? I have a very hard time following your grammatical structure in your sentences to fully understand what in the world you are asking. 

Well,  I thought I simplified it for you specifically.

Let's get to the simple matter then -  quote the question you did not understand and I will very simply explain it again .  

Note you are misquoting me in this post of yours I am replying to,  for whatever reason even if not known.

I don't think blaming it on gammatical structure whether a real problem or not 

is a valid excuse for misquoting me or inferring (or implying) things not in evidence.  

I can if needed parse out the post or any other post for your benefit if it helps understand it.

i.e.  keep it simple.   If something is not clear,  ask.  Very simple,  for clarity.

8 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Then why you calling out people for not answering? 

Because it was "sort of" a rhetorical question (in that I know the answer),  but you (and others) still have not answered and the reason does not appear to be a Godly one so far .   

Edited by Martyr_4_FutureJoy

• Administrators

Here's what get out of this topic

1.  @E Morales asked "Do you have any problem with this photo?"
  2. My answer is "no"
  3. This photo is not a stumbling block for myself, and the question was asked if "I" as an individual.
  4. Yes, this photo can be a stumbling block for others, but that was not the question the OP asked.
  5. You can't change original subject on the OP and expect people to understand.
  6. This may be where some of the confusion is on the subject matter of the thread.
10 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Because it was "sort of" a rhetorical question (in that I know the answer),  but you (and others) still have not answered and the reason does not appear to be a Godly one so far .  

Definition of rhetorical question:  a question not intended to require an answer. you want me to answer a question that you know the answer to? I'd rather you get straight to the point and not beat around the bush.