Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By 1Timothy115 in Devotionals
      Psalms 119:1-8                                         Sep. 5 - Oct. 2, 2019
      1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
      2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
      3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
      4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
      7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
      8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
      The following verse stood out to me...
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      At first glance it seemed to me this person’s soul is poured out with intense desire to have God’s direction in keeping His Word.
      I made a small wood fire in our backyard for my granddaughter, Julia, since she would be staying overnight with us. My wife and Julia stayed outside at the fire for about half an hour. Then, I found myself alone to watch the fire die out on a particularly lovely evening. So I took my verse from above and began to repeat it for memorization. As I repeated the verse, I tried to contemplate the words and apply them to what I was seeing around me. 
      The moon and stars were out now peering through the scattered clouds above.
      [Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.]
      Thought 1         
      The moon has stayed his course since the day God created him, also the stars, obeying the statutes directed by God from the first day they were created. Can you imagine God’s direction to the Moon and stars, “moon you will have a path through the sky above the earth, stars you will occupy the firmament above the moon and be clearly visible in the cloudless night sky.”
      Then, the trees, grass, even the air we breathe obey the statues God gave them from the beginning. None of these creations have souls, none have hearts, none have intelligence, but they all observe God’s statutes, His instructions for their limited time on earth.
      Thought 2
      What if we were like the moon, stars, trees, grass, or the other creations which have no soul? We would be directed to keep God’s statutes without choosing to keep them. This is not the image of God, there would be no dominion over other creatures, or over the earth. We would not be capable of experiencing the joy and peace of learning the love of God
      Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
      Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Thought 3 (October 2, 2019)
      Is the psalmist pleading God to force God’s statutes to become the man’s ways? No, he is speaking of his own failure in keeping God’s statutes and his desire to keep them, very much like Paul in Romans 7:14-25.
      God doesn’t work through force to turn men from their ways that they would desire His statutes or desire God Himself. Men must reject (repent) put aside his own ways and voluntarily seek God and His statutes.

Do you have any problem with this photo?

Rate this topic

E Morales

• Members

excerpts from news (DailyMail dot com)  item from/about subject of OP picture: 

"Fisher had previously 

stirred up controversy 

on social media when she claimed that 

Obamacare had caused her family to 

lose access to her baby's pediatric 

cardiologist"

Perhaps five leaves of a worldly/ carnal tree of knowledge/ 

if pursued in any depth at all,  Perhaps all is not what it seems? 

"In other tweets, Fisher wrote to her 35,000 plus followers: 'Jihad Barbie. That means they think I'm pretty, right?' and, 'I'm not a terrorist, but my husband has killed a few." 

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 10.16.55 AM.png

Edited by Martyr_4_FutureJoy

Just now, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

How could someone determine that Bill ?   Verify by KJV Scripture.

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God" Matthew 5:9

Neither women are peacemakers, Both are advocating killing.

Now, show me where Christ commanded killing others.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Now, show me where Christ commanded killing others.

Revelation 11:4-6

King James Version

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

• Members
51 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

King James Version

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Jesus told one of the Apostles to buy a sword. He cut off the ear of a man with it.

Edited by E Morales

• Members
1 minute ago, Bouncing Bill said:

He never said to kill your enemy. 

Read the KJV Bible, Bill, and see for yourself.  

King James Version

Just now, E Morales said:

That is to turn the cheek from another brother in Christ, that will not kill you.

E,  who is telling you these stories directly contrary to the KJV Bible ? 

• Members
9 minutes ago, E Morales said:

There is a belief that Saves and one that damms. You know the one that I support.

When and if in your posts you seem to contradict KJV Bible,  it is not like we can know, is it ? 

For instance,  and if this is wrong then correct it,  you posted that you have no enemies, right? (a week or two ago I think).

In the KJV Bible,  it is clearly shown that Jesus, The Apostles, and the disciples /followers of Jesus,  all had /have many enemies .

That would seem to indicate not being a disciple nor a follower of Jesus then, if someone has no enemies, right ? 

• Members
5 minutes ago, E Morales said:

The KJB is the number 1 Bible in English, you are correct.

Have you read it ?   That is,  your posts in this thread,  your ideas,  did you receive them reading the KJV Bible, 

or did someone tell the stories as a brother, teacher, pastor or other -  i.e. did someone tell you, or did you read for yourself ? 

There is often a completely opposite difference in what is written in the KJV Bible,  and what people say it says.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Have you read it ?   That is,  your posts in this thread,  your ideas,  did you receive them reading the KJV Bible, 

or did someone tell the stories as a brother, teacher, pastor or other -  i.e. did someone tell you, or did you read for yourself ? 

There is often a completely opposite difference in what is written in the KJV Bible,  and what people say it says.

Is the KJB version the completed Word of God for you? It is for me, don’t hide now and answer.

• Members
3 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Is the KJB version the completed Word of God for you? It is for me, don’t hide now and answer.

Frequently and in this thread today you appear to contradict the KJV Bible.  It is the completed Word of God for everyone God has revealed/delivered it to as written in His Word.

I don't know yet if you read the KJV Bible or ignore it on purpose ? 

2 hours ago, E Morales said:

Jesus told one of the Apostles to buy a sword. He cut off the ear of a man with it.

You are speaking of Luke 22:36-37. 

Matthew Henry in his IFB accepted commentary says of this verse:

This is intended only to show that the times would be very perilous, so that no man would think himself safe if he had not a sword by his side. But the sword of the Spirit is the sword which the disciples of Christ must furnish themselves with.

Calvin said:

It was truly shameful and stupid ignorance, that the disciples, after having been so often informed about bearing the cross, imagine that they must fight with swords of iron.

On balance it seems that Jesus is not telling the disciples to buy actual swords. He is saying that they are about to enter into very perilous times and they will need to keep the sword of the Spirit “half drawn” at all times.

https://ca.thegospelcoalition.org/columns/ad-fontes/jesus-tell-disciples-buy-swords/

And Jesus did not cut off the ear of the man. Peter did. And Jesus admonished Peter saying:

11So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”

1 hour ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Frequently and in this thread today you appear to contradict the KJV Bible.  It is the completed Word of God for everyone God has revealed/delivered it to as written in His Word.

I don't know yet if you read the KJV Bible or ignore it on purpose ? 

How can it contradict the King James Bible if I quote from King James?