• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you have any problem with this photo?

• Members
6 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Guns are also protection from are own government. I frown at men who refuse to carry if they have a wife and kids. It shows that they are unwilling to protect.

I've had Christian men tell me they would do nothing to protect their family if they were being raped and murdered other then pray and turn the other cheek.

Absolutely pathetic 

• Members
2 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I've had Christian men tell me they would do nothing to protect their family if they were being raped and murdered other then pray and turn the other cheek.

Absolutely pathetic 

I have reasons to doubt, either they lied about their faith or they lied about what they would do. 

• Administrators

Bill, ever hear of "The Combat Zone" in Boston? That name was coined for that section of Boston because of the danger of even going there.  If you have heard of it, I think I may qualify by your standard. Today I live very remote, which makes for lots of crazies and hoodlums looking for easy pickins'.

In any event, I would rather be armed and ready than unarmed and a victim, or worse yet, my family becoming victims because I didn't do my job to protect them.

My being armed and a peaceful, law abiding citizen threatens no one but the bad guys.

At Lexington/Concord, when the battle was over and we had defeated The Redcoats, the pastor of the church there counted thirteen dead church members who died defending this country and using the very same armament that the British used.

16 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

And there is equipment designed to be used in the action of an assault. No private citizen needs assault equipment. 

Bill, in case you may have missed it; a sword is an "assault weapon".

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Thus, if you take the constitution literally only those 700 men could legally keep arms for protection of the state, not everyone. Thus this show the modern myth of the 2nd amendment providing security from the state is false. The 2nd amendment was or the militia only. 

Evidently you don't have the foggiest clue regarding what a militia is Bill. A militia is made up of all of the able bodied citizens.

Try this: 

What did militia mean in 1776?
What is a militia? At the time of the American Revolutionary War, militias were groups of able-bodied men who protected their towns, colonies, and eventually states.

What is a militia in simple terms?
1a : a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency b : a body of citizens organized for military service. 2 : the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service.

How old do you have to be to be in a militia?17 years of age(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32 , under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States.

7 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bill, ever hear of "The Combat Zone" in Boston? That name was coined for that section of Boston because of the danger of even going there.  If you have heard of it, I think I may qualify by your standard. Today I live very remote, which makes for lots of crazies and hoodlums looking for easy pickins'.

In any event, I would rather be armed and ready than unarmed and a victim, or worse yet, my family becoming victims because I didn't do my job to protect them.

My being armed and a peaceful, law abiding citizen threatens no one but the bad guys.

At Lexington/Concord, when the battle was over and we had defeated The Redcoats, the pastor of the church there counted thirteen dead church members who died defending this country and using the very same armament that the British used.

A sword has many purposes. An assault rifle has only one purpose, to kill people. 

• Administrators

I guess the question to ask would be, is it a sin to own something that was created to kill to self protect?  Or is it simply an issue on how you use it. 

A sword does has many purposes...and if you look through out history it seems the majority of those swords made during war time (thousands if not millions) was made for the purpose to kill.

If it is wrong to own something that was made for killing...then If I made a sword for the purpose of opening cans, its ok, but if I make a sword for war that sword now becomes wrong.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Evidently you don't have the foggiest clue regarding what a militia is Bill. A militia is made up of all of the able bodied citizens.

Try this: 

What did militia mean in 1776?
What is a militia? At the time of the American Revolutionary War, militias were groups of able-bodied men who protected their towns, colonies, and eventually states.

What is a militia in simple terms?
1a : a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency b : a body of citizens organized for military service. 2 : the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service.

How old do you have to be to be in a militia?17 years of age(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32 , under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States.

crickets GIF

Got quiet lol

1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

crickets GIF

Got quiet lol

You just cannot help yourself, can you? Just more abuse.

3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I guess the question to ask would be, is it a sin to own something that was created to kill to self protect?  Or is it simply an issue on how you use it. 

A sword does has many purposes...and if you look through out history it seems the majority of those swords made during war time (thousands if not millions) was made for the purpose to kill.

If it is wrong to own something that was made for killing...then If I made a sword for the purpose of opening cans, its ok, but if I make a sword for war that sword now becomes wrong.

Best be careful opening a can with a sword. You might cut yourself badly. 

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

You just cannot help yourself, can you? Just more abuse.

Please stop with this rhetoric. It's a simple gif that is for all who post in this thread. Everything you don't like is not abuse, please stop saying that every person who disagrees with you is abuse. 

43 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Best be careful opening a can with a sword. You might cut yourself badly. 

Please re-read my entire post. The context was not about opening a can with a sword, but rather the focus was on the purpose for which things are made. Please keep things in context, thank you.

13 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

"The Combat Zone" doesn't make the top ten dangerous communities in America. Now if you want danger go to SE Washington, DC. If that is too dangerous for you, try E. 5th St. in Los Angeles. 

3 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Please stop with this rhetoric. It's a simple gif that is for all who post in this thread. Everything you don't like is not abuse, please stop saying that every person who disagrees with you is abuse. 

Please re-read my entire post. The context was not about opening a can with a sword, but rather the focus was on the purpose for which things are made. Please keep things in context, thank you.

No, calling names and using negative labels is abuse. I do not mind if you disagree politely and respectfully. 

Now, how about stopping this foolishness and discussing something more beneficial, like finances that I mentioned previously? OK?

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

"The Combat Zone" doesn't make the top ten dangerous communities in America. Now if you want danger go to SE Washington, DC. If that is too dangerous for you, try E. 5th St. in Los Angeles. 

No, calling names and using negative labels is abuse. I do not mind if you disagree politely and respectfully. 

Now, how about stopping this foolishness and discussing something more beneficial, like finances that I mentioned previously? OK?

We've been discussing this in private, please continue to follow Matthew 18 like I mention in private message. Why you bringing it here? That post was directed at ALL, everything is not about you. I quoted Jim in that post!!!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

"Something more beneficial"? Are you aware that this is an IFB discussion board that was designed for fellowship between like minded Christians? How about YOU discussing Scriptural things instead of deflecting everything into the political realm?

Finances? How about Scripture or Scriptural things? Now let's see how you deflect this.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

The Combat Zone

I'm familiar with it, I don't go into that part of Boston too often, just the Promised Land (Fenway Park).  Most of that area is cleaned up now, PTL. 

Anyways, Swords are made and designed to kill. Just look up the history of a Sword, it was made for war so it does qualify as "assault" weapon. My gun is made for killing as well, I use it for other things like going to the range and shooting targets. My Sword is on my wall, it is used for decoration right now. Both made to kill.