• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you have any problem with this photo?

• Members
5 minutes ago, E Morales said:

The KJB is the number 1 Bible in English, you are correct.

Have you read it ?   That is,  your posts in this thread,  your ideas,  did you receive them reading the KJV Bible, 

or did someone tell the stories as a brother, teacher, pastor or other -  i.e. did someone tell you, or did you read for yourself ? 

There is often a completely opposite difference in what is written in the KJV Bible,  and what people say it says.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Have you read it ?   That is,  your posts in this thread,  your ideas,  did you receive them reading the KJV Bible, 

or did someone tell the stories as a brother, teacher, pastor or other -  i.e. did someone tell you, or did you read for yourself ? 

There is often a completely opposite difference in what is written in the KJV Bible,  and what people say it says.

Is the KJB version the completed Word of God for you? It is for me, don’t hide now and answer.

• Members
3 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Is the KJB version the completed Word of God for you? It is for me, don’t hide now and answer.

Frequently and in this thread today you appear to contradict the KJV Bible.  It is the completed Word of God for everyone God has revealed/delivered it to as written in His Word.

I don't know yet if you read the KJV Bible or ignore it on purpose ? 

Edited by Martyr_4_FutureJoy

2 hours ago, E Morales said:

Jesus told one of the Apostles to buy a sword. He cut off the ear of a man with it.

You are speaking of Luke 22:36-37. 

Matthew Henry in his IFB accepted commentary says of this verse:

This is intended only to show that the times would be very perilous, so that no man would think himself safe if he had not a sword by his side. But the sword of the Spirit is the sword which the disciples of Christ must furnish themselves with.

Calvin said:

It was truly shameful and stupid ignorance, that the disciples, after having been so often informed about bearing the cross, imagine that they must fight with swords of iron.

On balance it seems that Jesus is not telling the disciples to buy actual swords. He is saying that they are about to enter into very perilous times and they will need to keep the sword of the Spirit “half drawn” at all times.

https://ca.thegospelcoalition.org/columns/ad-fontes/jesus-tell-disciples-buy-swords/

And Jesus did not cut off the ear of the man. Peter did. And Jesus admonished Peter saying:

11So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”

1 hour ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Frequently and in this thread today you appear to contradict the KJV Bible.  It is the completed Word of God for everyone God has revealed/delivered it to as written in His Word.

I don't know yet if you read the KJV Bible or ignore it on purpose ? 

How can it contradict the King James Bible if I quote from King James?

• Members
17 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Matthew Henry in his IFB accepted commentary says of this verse:

This is intended only to show that the times would be very perilous, so that no man would think himself safe if he had not a sword by his side.

Quick note.  If that is what M.H. says, he is wrong and opposed to Scripture, clearly.  I have not gone to look him up, and won't.  If you want to quote him in context, a paragraph or more at least, you may do so and we might find out something more then.

5 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Not the safest way to hold a rifle but other than that she's a keeper.

Exodus 20:17-19. King James Version ... Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his .
21 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

On balance it seems that Jesus is not telling the disciples to buy actual swords.

If Calvin said that, he is totally wrong, as are any who believe and follow him.

• Members
9 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I’m here for you, are you part Jehovah witness?

You are not here for me.  I asked the other poster simply to indicate that he had replied to something not addressed to him.   It's okay to do so, and often done,  but I did not know if he had realized it or not.

What do you think Jehovah witness thinks ?   Did your 'pastor' or 'teacher' tell you something about them ? 

• Members

Recognized by various men of God in the last century, and proven and shown by daily living repeatedly in America and England:

Quotes From Leonard Ravenhill ... "I doubt if 5% of professing Christians in America are born again--and that's true of England!".