• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Afghanistan Civil War

Afghanistan is not a country in the way we think of countries. It is a geographical area comprised of a number of tribes. Many of the tribes do not like the other tribes. Historically when there is no outside armies to fight they fight each other. We have seen that already beginning. The Panjshir Valley is located just over 30 miles from Kabul. The Soviets could not take it in the 1980's. The Taliban could not take it in the 1990's. I doubt that we even tried. It is long narrow complex of valleys with only one narrow road entering through a narrow entrance. There will be no peace in Afghanistan. Below is an interesting article:

Several thousand anti-Taliban fighters are reported to be holding out against the Taliban in a remote valley with a narrow entrance - little more than 30 miles or so from the capital Kabul.

It's not the first time the dramatic and imposing Panjshir Valley has been a flashpoint in Afghanistan's recent turbulent history - having been a stronghold against Soviet forces in the 1980s, and the Taliban in the '90s.

The group holding out there now - the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan (NRF) - recently reminded the world of the valley's strength.

"The Red Army, with its might, was unable to defeat us... And the Taliban also 25 years ago... they tried to take over the valley and they failed, they faced a crushing defeat," Ali Nazary, the NRF's head of foreign relations, told the BBC.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/afghanistan-undefeated-valley-hour-kabul-233804699.html

41 minutes ago, SureWord said:

We were never there to defeat them.

Then why in the world were we there.

Rudyard Kipling wrote in his poem The Naulahkaabout about Afghanistan and the East:

Now it is not good for the Christian's health to hustle the Aryan
     brown,
For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the
     Christian down;
And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of
      the  late  deceased,
And the epitaph drear:  "A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the
       East."

• Members
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Then why in the world were we there.

Rudyard Kipling wrote in his poem The Naulahkaabout about Afghanistan and the East:

Now it is not good for the Christian's health to hustle the Aryan
     brown,
For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the
     Christian down;
And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of
      the  late  deceased,
And the epitaph drear:  "A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the
       East."

Why were we there?

1) To funnel tax payer money to the industrial military complex, defense contractors and other war profiteers 

2) Protect the opium fields for Big Pharma and other drug runners within the Deep State and DC. The Taliban was burning the fields down.

3) To launder money to only God knows who. I'm sure some offshore accounts have grown exponentially.

4) To maintain control of the lithium deposits. Although, this one could be debated since we sold our lithium mines out West to the Chinese which makes no sense at all unless there were a certain group of Elites invested in the Afghanistan mines. Protect the assets.

5) Give our brass and troops some real time war training and experience.

6) To find Osama bin Laden although it was probably clear within a year he wasn't in Afghanistan.

58 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Why were we there?

1) To funnel tax payer money to the industrial military complex, defense contractors and other war profiteers 

2) Protect the opium fields for Big Pharma and other drug runners within the Deep State and DC. The Taliban was burning the fields down.

3) To launder money to only God knows who. I'm sure some offshore accounts have grown exponentially.

4) To maintain control of the lithium deposits. Although, this one could be debated since we sold our lithium mines out West to the Chinese which makes no sense at all unless there were a certain group of Elites invested in the Afghanistan mines. Protect the assets.

5) Give our brass and troops some real time war training and experience.

6) To find Osama bin Laden although it was probably clear within a year he wasn't in Afghanistan.

Oh, please. 

• Members

Yes there has always been opposition and different groups fighting for control of Afghanistan. I can remember shortly after 9/11 watching a documentary about Ahmad Shad Massoud ( who was later assassinated by the Taliban or Al Qaeda)who was the head of the Northern Alliance resistance even before we entered Afghanistan. I have repeatedly heard that Massoud  tried to warn the US about Al Qaeda attacks but no one took it seriously. His son is still leads that small army and the area that the Taliban we're never able to conquer and are still willing to fight the Taliban today.

After the mujahedeen defeated the Soviets there were Muslims from all over the world settling there with different ideologies, so there is tension like in most Islamic countries where sects are fighting for power and influence. Like Yemen as an extreme example. 

There is an interesting story related to the Taliban founder and leader Mohammed Omar that made him very popular and  even with people like Osama bin Laden  would refer to him as "Amir-ul-Momineen"  or the "commander of the faithful. Omar went to the Kirka Sharif shrine in Kandahar where under protection and locked away is the "Cloak of Muhammad" which for centuries is believed to be the one their prophet Muhammad had on during his Night Journey to the spot of the Dome of the Rock/Al Asqa Mosque in Jerusalem and then into heaven and back. Sometime in 1996 Mohammed Omar went to the shrine and was given permissions to hold it and he lifted it for all his Taliban students and local residents alike to see and from that time on the Taliban grew in popularity and Omar was seen as sort of a rightfully guided successor of prophet Muhammad. Even the current Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri  has known to refer to Omar as the commander of the faithful.

If the Panjahir resistance (successors of the Northern Alliance) can withstand and defeat the Taliban I think Afghanistan would be a much better and respected country, but it doesn't look to me anyone can can defeat the Taliban now especially after gaining access to US military weapons and vehicles. 

I do hope that the Taliban realize that if they want any chance of being accepted as a legitimate government they are going to have to implement sharia in a more moderate way and go after the ISIS fighters who are trying to take advantage of the chaos in Kabul to do suicide attacks.

I have kept a close eye on Islamic leaders around world these last few weeks for response to the Taliban take over, and there seems to be a majority consensus that the Taliban needs put in writing how they plan to implement Sharia Law this along with reasons from Quran, Hadith, and one of the four major schools of Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence) so the world will have a better understanding of their intentions. I think MOST Islamic Scholars and Theologians don't want to see another radical group like ISIS hijacking everyone's perception of their religion.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

Thanks for an excellent post. I you look up Panjshir Valley on Google Earth it is easy to see why it is such a difficult area to invade. I remember reading how a Russian tank convey entered the area. When it reached a point, on the narrow road with a steep drop off one side and the cliff of the mountain on the other side the defenders used Stinger missiles. They knocked out the last tank and then the first. This trapped the other tanks. There was no way to go forward or retreat. The defenders then picked off all the other tanks. A disaster for the Russians.

• Members
13 hours ago, SureWord said:

Deep.

Bill, you aren't even worth responding to anymore. No more feeding the troll here.

Thank you.   For months, maybe longer,  'we' have replied to such posts as his only to alert readers of the continual errors of them.   In the assemblies such flooding and spamming is stopped , hopefully, faithfully,  before it gets even to a dribble.    Unfortunately,  few assemblies are trained properly or even close to able to handle such harmful distractions from life and truth and wholesomeness.  (how does yours handle someone with ocd if they come in chattering endlessly over trivialities and more serious errors up to carrying a false gospel (i.e. tiny errors to tremendous errors - who can handle them?) )

• Members

I don't support being over there. But just take a moment, how do they see us? If they see the news and other things we do and watching here in America, on the internet. All the crime, immorality, nakedness, LGBTQ moment killings and hate. I would say, we don't want that here. Just saying,  Now they are also lost in this World.

Edited by E Morales

• Members

Again, we were never there to defeat them. Any of them. Who cares about their tribal squabblings, stone age vendettas or the "Who's Who" among them. I want to know what happened to the billions of dollars that disappeared. Or why we stayed long after we knew Osama wasn't there. Or why we spent millions on woke programs there yet at the same time ignored the systemic rape and enslavement of young boys. No doubt more laundered money. Or why most of the time our troops were protecting opium fields (I've have veterans tell me this is what they mostly did over there). Or why, if we were protecting the lithium mines from the Chinese as some suggest, at the same time we sold our mines, located here in America, to the Chinese. China will control 90% of the lithium deposits in the world now.

Bill can say "Oh, please" all he wants about these things but there needs to be an accounting for this. There's a reason nobody but Bill trusts the US government anymore.

Until then I could give a rat's rear end about the who's who's in Afghanistan.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
11 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I want to know what happened to the billions of dollars that disappeared.

It's (obviously?) being used to continue massive building of the current tower of babyl.   Babylon, catholicism, pharmakeia, society,  all on the road, and getting everyone on the road, to destruction, as they can.

Not just , no , not only "billions",  but now (guessing) over 15 trillion dollars such. (includes all concerning the farce ongoing by drug makers, &*lliB& &setaG&*, politics , etc)

We are in the last hour,  last minute?, as written in KJV.   The whole world deceived.

The tanks in the op got trapped in a narrow road and easily overcome.

The people in the use got trapped because they trusted the use, and not God, and were easily duped/ overcome totally. (God saved for Himself a remnant)