• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church division and plagerism

• Members

Good morning everyone.

I havent been here in ages but I try to check in once in a while.

I am writing today with a church issue that I must being before the deacons about our new pastor.

It hurts and breaks my heart to do so, but I am only asking this seeking godly council from this of you who are pastors and deacons in your respected churches.

In the past 12 months our church has suffers a major split, severl hurt families, teens, anger and to the point that our church family in some aspects no longer trusts or respects fellow members of our church.

We are not a small church, but we are not huge. We were running close to 300 before our new pastor came.

Even with Covid we still saw large numbers I attendance after we reopened.

That was a few months before our new pastor came.

I don't say this to seen as witch hunt against him.

I myself and our deacons and other members truly and only want to see the Lord glorified through our church.

Among several instances of him and other members have differences, we have discovered that both he and his wife have been making severe accusations about members of our church that  he refuses to explain to the member(s) what the accusations are before hand until he schedules a meeting with these people to discuss the accusations and then he will decide the appropriate course of action.

We have found that of you are not available to meet with him immediately that he will leave this hanging with you and still refuse to tell you the accusations so you can at least investigate them on your own and help with the resolution.

Most of these are serious spiritual)doctrinal or moral situations

have seen people and families railroaded out of the church because of these actions.

The most recent accusation involves a married woman in our church.

She is probably one of the most respected and loved women in our church. Her children were raised in a good godly home. Her oldest is a student in Bible college while the others are still at home.The pastor contacted her and her husband, and requested a meeting to concerning inappropriate behavior suupisidky but her as reported to him by select members of the church.

This woman has had several serious medical issues in recent months including sever siezures which were caused a traumatic head injury years ago.

Yet this woman stillis a faithful, godly  member serving in several ministrues.

So instead of explaining the accusations to her and her husband right then they have to wait 4 days until a scheduled meeting with the pastor. She couldn't schedule anything sooner due to her continued medical appointments to deal with her last set of siezures which left her partially paralized in speech.

So ..she has these unknown accusations hanging over her head for the next several days.

With that said, the subject was plagerism.

This is very disheartening also since several members of the church have found evidence that he is getting his sermons online and reading then sometimes word for word from. The pulpit.

So.....I come to you asking for some godly advice on how to speak to him about these things.

Thee are people in our church scared of this man about what he might accuse them of, but they won't leave.

The deacons have been doing some investigating on their own and have found some questionable things, but we don't know what the out come will be from that 

So...what say ye?

• Members

Personally, I would say that this forum isn't really the place to discuss this. We can only take the posters word for the "happenings" that are allegedly going on in this church. Is it really any of OUR business? This should be handled by the church and any surrounding churches and pastors that associate with this pastor if they are willing to help hold him accountable. 

• Members

Brother Tony my apologies to the forum. I was only trying to some hindsight. I was only asking for advise on how best to approach this from some pastors that are in thia group.

• Members
Just now, rwilson said:

Brother Tony my apologies to the forum. I was only trying to some hindsight. I was only asking for advise on how best to approach this from some pastors that are in thia group.

No offense taken...maybe it would be better discussed with those who are active pastors via PM. Just a suggestion. ? Blessings.

• Members
On 8/26/2021 at 1:22 PM, BrotherTony said:

No offense taken...maybe it would be better discussed with those who are active pastors via PM. Just a suggestion. ? Blessings.

Tough conversations on this form make you look like a pot-stirer like I have been callen. I believe as long as you don’t mention the pastors name the church that location everything should be fine. This can help someone else that is going to be the same thing. This is in my humble opinion

• Members
58 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Plagiarism would bother me.

If he is also a wanna be dictator, that would bother me more. 

Some times it’s not the pastor, it’s the elders and deacons. Just saying, they think they own the church because that  member has been there 30 years. They put pressure on the pastor to do things their ways. Or else

Edited by E Morales

50 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Some times it’s not the pastor, it’s the elders and deacons. Just saying, they think they own the church because that  member has been there 30 years. They put pressure on the pastor to do things their ways. Or else

You are correct. Dictatorship can occur in both directions. 

The Baptist church I attend went to a consensus program in our business meetings. A majority cannot rule. We do not vote. We simply say, "Is there a consensus?"  So far it has worked well. 

Ours is a very lay-led church and that has worked well also. And during worship it is not just adults who are included. We used kids for various tasks, such as taking up the offering and when older reading scripture. 

• Members
On 8/26/2021 at 9:20 AM, rwilson said:

I am writing today with a church issue that I must being before the deacons about our new pastor.

It hurts and breaks my heart to do so, but I am only asking this seeking godly council from this of you who are pastors and deacons in your respected churches.

In the past 12 months our church has suffers a major split, severl hurt families, teens, anger and to the point that our church family in some aspects no longer trusts or respects fellow members of our church.

We are not a small church, but we are not huge. We were running close to 300 before our new pastor came.

Even with Covid we still saw large numbers I attendance after we reopened.

In the Epistles,  Ephesians,  et al,  there are clear instructions .   Whether you are a deacon or not,  talk with them and remain in constant prayer and bring everything out into the light in the way as described in Scripture,  with entire truthfulness - no guessing ,  no gossip,  just per instructions of Scripture.   With the many problems you mention just in the opening post,  there is serious likelihood that not only is everything being shaken,  but either will be removed,  or those who remain true in faith will be the ones kicked out or who leave as God Directs.     Or the faithful ones,  God Willing,  will remain in place,  and continue steadfast daily in prayer and in fellowship with one another,   while the storm rages.

Who in the church had covid confirmed in a lab by testing,  not under the ama ?   It is likely or at least possible that not even one person did.   Does anyone or everyone there know of one honest doctor or someone with the knowledge of how to truthfully test individuals and to tell what is causing problems in their body/ mind/ immune system/ blood stream ?   It is uncommon for a church to know these things.