• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Our Anniversary Trip

• Administrators

For our 35th, Randy and I took a trip around the WA 101 Loop (which goes in a circle/loop around the Peninsula, as well as all the way down to CA...we only did the loop). I thought I'd share a few photos.

First, the pie - we stopped at the Blackberry Cafe for lunch. It's almost an hour from our house, but hubs wanted to try it out. The food was ok, and the pie was tasty. Randy had Himalayan Blackberry and I had Marionberry/Strawberry. We both had swirled blackberry/vanilla ice cream.

Second photo is of some trees in the Hoh Rainforest. I love trees, and I took a slew of pictures. But these branches fascinate me - I like the moss. The 3 bears were enjoying tea as we left the rainforest. The lake is Lake Crescent. Huge body of water.

The last two pictures are Ruby Beach. Absolutely beautiful place. We walked down a long trail and got to walk all over the beach. The sound of surf...loved it!

We then went on to Ocean Shores and visited the massive beach there - water and sand all you can see (other than the horses being rented out...neither of us ride anymore, but it would have been nice).

Then we headed east to Lacey, which is a suburb of Olympia, our capital. We spent Wednesday night there and found a great church to attend. We enjoyed the message from the visiting church planter and then fellowshipped with the pastor and his wife after the service.

This morning we headed home. A lot of driving, but it was an enjoyable trip.

Blackberry Cafe Dessert.jpg

Hoh Rainforest 004.JPG

Lake Crescent 002.jpg

Hoh Rainforest 011.jpg

Ruby Beach 001.jpg

Ruby Beach 013.JPG

• Administrators

That's awesome. Such a beautiful looking part of the country.  I always wondered why the pictures I take are not as clear, then I realized it's because of the smog of NYC and Boston. lol

Thanks for sharing. Someday my wife and I would love to make it out the the west coast for a vacation. 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

That's awesome. Such a beautiful looking part of the country.  I always wondered why the pictures I take are not as clear, then I realized it's because of the smog of NYC and Boston. lol

Thanks for sharing. Someday my wife and I would love to make it out the the west coast for a vacation. 

I'm pretty pleased with how the pictures came out. We got a camera just before our trip, so were learning as we went. If you guys do make it out here, for sure we'd love to see you!

• Administrators
On 8/22/2021 at 10:44 AM, trapperhoney said:

sounds like a lovely trip. the pie looks very yummy. I love the bears! I can't wait until Autumn, then hubby and I will have to take a road trip on the backroads of WV. I can't wait until the cool air arrives.

THAT's gonna be a beautiful trip! 

8 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Close to home! I’m just across the sound. Love this place.

Glad you enjoyed your time together ?

I didn't realize you were that close! Cool beans!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 8/20/2021 at 2:44 AM, HappyChristian said:

For our 35th, Randy and I took a trip around the WA 101 Loop (which goes in a circle/loop around the Peninsula, as well as all the way down to CA...we only did the loop). I thought I'd share a few photos.

First, the pie - we stopped at the Blackberry Cafe for lunch. It's almost an hour from our house, but hubs wanted to try it out. The food was ok, and the pie was tasty. Randy had Himalayan Blackberry and I had Marionberry/Strawberry. We both had swirled blackberry/vanilla ice cream.

Second photo is of some trees in the Hoh Rainforest. I love trees, and I took a slew of pictures. But these branches fascinate me - I like the moss. The 3 bears were enjoying tea as we left the rainforest. The lake is Lake Crescent. Huge body of water.

The last two pictures are Ruby Beach. Absolutely beautiful place. We walked down a long trail and got to walk all over the beach. The sound of surf...loved it!

We then went on to Ocean Shores and visited the massive beach there - water and sand all you can see (other than the horses being rented out...neither of us ride anymore, but it would have been nice).

Then we headed east to Lacey, which is a suburb of Olympia, our capital. We spent Wednesday night there and found a great church to attend. We enjoyed the message from the visiting church planter and then fellowshipped with the pastor and his wife after the service.

This morning we headed home. A lot of driving, but it was an enjoyable trip.

Blackberry Cafe Dessert.jpg

Hoh Rainforest 004.JPG

Lake Crescent 002.jpg

Hoh Rainforest 011.jpg

Ruby Beach 001.jpg

Ruby Beach 013.JPG

@HappyChristianGreat photos! seems like you guys had a great trip! ?