• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

i would appreciate your prayers

• Members

our AC went out almost two weeks ago. the repairman came out and said we needed a new fan motor. had to wait a week until payday, and the the fan worked great, but after awhile it became obvious it wasn't putting out cool air. he came out last night and found that the freon level was fine but the coil is encrusted with lint, fur, etc. he is coming out again tonight to clean it properly. we are praying that this will fix the problem. it's been pretty miserable here, not so hot the last few days but the humidity is brutal.

• Members

You are definitely in our prayers. We had the same experience here about four or five months ago. We went without air for a couple of days when it was nearly 100 degrees. It was 115 inside the house. We don't have any trees for cover to cool it down, and it's hard to keep the windows opened when the bugs like to try and crawl in around the screens. I spend a lot of time outside those couple of weeks. I'll be praying this is fixed easily and that you'll have air again. If your humidity is like ours, it's a scorcher!

• Members

I am in Charleston, WV. Fortunately the last few days have not been overly hot, but fairly humid. It cools off at night, but even with a fan it doesn't seem to get drawn into the bedroom very well. Not getting a good night's rest really takes a toll and makes the situation worse. hubby and i were snapping at each other the other day, and it's the discomfort getting to us.

• Administrators

Ugh! Well do I remember the humidity that is so prevalent in WV, OH, and IN...when we lived in WV, I was a teen so it didn't bother me like it did my mom. I was in my twenties when I lived in OH, and it didn't bother me as much then. We moved to IN when I was in my late 20s...and after about 10 years, the humidity started to really get to me! Thankfully, we usually had a window air conditioner, or I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night. Especially after "the change" began (I was 39! ? )

Many days during summer while in IN, it seemed like we were walking outside into soup...so when we moved here to WA, I was looking forward to the never-usually-gets-to 90-degrees, and no humidity.  hahahahaha....while for the most part the weather here is much better, this summer has been brutal. Triple digit temps, no AC. So I do feel for you! Hope and pray the AC can be fixed (we are doing the unusual for this part of WA and getting an AC installed, but with this summer being so brutal, so is everyone else...so ours won't be put in until Oct).

• Members

I have a friend in WA and have heard about the heat. She ordered a window unit but it was going to be two weeks to get there so a friend loaned her one. They seem to be doing okay so far. Today it's only about 75 degrees and over cast, rain off and on so it's tolerable. Before the AC went out there were days I went outside and I felt like I was trying to breathe under water. Not fun.

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

Ugh! Well do I remember the humidity that is so prevalent in WV, OH, and IN...when we lived in WV, I was a teen so it didn't bother me like it did my mom. I was in my twenties when I lived in OH, and it didn't bother me as much then. We moved to IN when I was in my late 20s...and after about 10 years, the humidity started to really get to me! Thankfully, we usually had a window air conditioner, or I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night. Especially after "the change" began (I was 39! ? )

Many days during summer while in IN, it seemed like we were walking outside into soup...so when we moved here to WA, I was looking forward to the never-usually-gets-to 90-degrees, and no humidity.  hahahahaha....while for the most part the weather here is much better, this summer has been brutal. Triple digit temps, no AC. So I do feel for you! Hope and pray the AC can be fixed (we are doing the unusual for this part of WA and getting an AC installed, but with this summer being so brutal, so is everyone else...so ours won't be put in until Oct).

I was born and raised, at least for the first six years of my life, in Bloomington, IN. My grandparents lived in a beautiful limestone and wood sided home with a large yard. My family moved from there to Illinois when I was 6, and I lived in Illiniois until I was 20. I moved to Wisconsin for a year to attend Bible college at MBBC. The humidity in WI was far worse than it ever was in Illinois, at least to me...and I had to walk around Watertown, WI because I didn't have a vehicle. That was one long summer looking for work!

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I was born and raised, at least for the first six years of my life, in Bloomington, IN. My grandparents lived in a beautiful limestone and wood sided home with a large yard. My family moved from there to Illinois when I was 6, and I lived in Illiniois until I was 20. I moved to Wisconsin for a year to attend Bible college at MBBC. The humidity in WI was far worse than it ever was in Illinois, at least to me...and I had to walk around Watertown, WI because I didn't have a vehicle. That was one long summer looking for work!

Yes, WI is one of those humid places, too! I've personally not been there, but folks I know who have have told me about it.

We lived in NW IN, right on the tip of Lake Michigan - actually about 5 miles or so from the lake (well, the national park entrance to the lake area). That gave us all kinds of weather to treasure, from the triple digits and soupy air in summer to lots and lots of snow in winter...I remember years where we didn't see grass from mid-to-end of October to April. 

@trapperhoney, I'm glad the weather is a bit more tolerable for you now. We thought about a window unit, but don't know which window we would put it in - we live with my mom, so there are three of us who would need it. Two window units, one in each bedroom, might work. But I think the central AC we're going to have installed will use less electricity (thus saving us a little dough! =D )