• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Scam Email

• Members

Hello,

I received the following from member "Fidelia".  Is this the scam email that others have reported receiving?

Shalom.  I am Mrs. Fidelia Williams from Togo. My late husband deposited US$1.2Million in a Bank here & being diagnosed with esophageal cancer and knowing my conditions now; since I do not have any child, I want you to use this fund for charity purposes on orphanages, disables, widows and to propagate churches. Assure me that you will handle it well and reply me for more details at wfidelia22@gmail.com

• Members

I got one...but I seem to have come late to the party! LOL I reported it without knowing it had already been reported....It's getting to be common on a lot of forums lately, and many people are handing things like this over to the FBI's Cyber crimes unit.

• Members
46 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I got one...but I seem to have come late to the party! LOL I reported it without knowing it had already been reported....It's getting to be common on a lot of forums lately, and many people are handing things like this over to the FBI's Cyber crimes unit.

It's probably the FBI sending them out.

• Members

Haha! Yeah I got it. I was like ...WHATever ?. But the thing that really gave it away, was that he/she had penteCOASTEL as the type. Haha. I’m guessing that’s someone who lives near the sea side? 

Edited by LYDIA WESTERN

11 hours ago, BibleBruce said:

Hello,

I received the following from member "Fidelia".  Is this the scam email that others have reported receiving?

Shalom.  I am Mrs. Fidelia Williams from Togo. My late husband deposited US$1.2Million in a Bank here & being diagnosed with esophageal cancer and knowing my conditions now; since I do not have any child, I want you to use this fund for charity purposes on orphanages, disables, widows and to propagate churches. Assure me that you will handle it well and reply me for more details at wfidelia22@gmail.com

Yes. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, trapperhoney said:

that's what drew me back here. had to reset my password to get in, and then there was no email ? lol

You probably did not actually have to reset your password, you may have clicked on a link that someone used to get your information which you gave them. 

One common tactic for scammers is to get you to click on a link or cause a link to pop up that makes it look like you need to reset your password so that you freely give away your information. You better change the password for whatever you gave your information when you "reset" your password. 

• Members
11 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

You probably did not actually have to reset your password, you may have clicked on a link that someone used to get your information which you gave them. 

One common tactic for scammers is to get you to click on a link or cause a link to pop up that makes it look like you need to reset your password so that you freely give away your information. You better change the password for whatever you gave your information when you "reset" your password. 

it was a notification from this forum that I had received a private message from this person. My account had been connected to my Facebook but I lost my Facebook account in March, so had to change info to get in.

• Members
On 8/15/2021 at 6:57 PM, BibleBruce said:

Hello,

Yeah, I got a notification that Fidelia wanted to talk with me too.  But, I didn’t notice it right away.  By the time I saw it, the message was gone.

It coulda been fun scam baiting the person.  I wonder how far it would have gotten before I would have been told to go to Target and get some gift cards!

Then, again, I don’t really have the time to spend toying around with a scammer…ah well…