• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you believe there are many kinds of true Gospel or there is just one true Gospel?

• Members

There is no doubt different gospels in the scripture but only one gospel we preach now, i.e. the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and simple faith in him. Refusal to recognize and delineate the differences between these gospels will lead to heresies in this dispensation of the grace of God. 

Acts 2:38 is NOT the gospel we preach today no matter how much you use the "original languages" or Baptist doctrine to wrest the verse.

Edited by SureWord

• Members

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There are not multiple gospels of salvation in the Bible. Some passages need to be studied out and compared with other passages to clarify them at times.

Repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, be baptized because your sins are remitted through belief in His death for your sins, burial and resurrection. Also, the Holy Spirit is given to every one that is born again - though there was a transitional period first where the Holy Spirit first indwelled the Jews, then the certain Gentiles, then everyone else (see Acts 2, 10, 19).

God allows seeming Bible difficulties to discourage the willing lost from receiving the truth - but allows true believers to understand and clarify the meaning of His Word continuing in it.

• Members
8 hours ago, SureWord said:

There is no doubt different gospels in the scripture but only one gospel we preach now, i.e. the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and simple faith in him. Refusal to recognize and delineate the differences between these gospels will lead to heresies in this dispensation of the grace of God. 

Acts 2:38 is NOT the gospel we preach today no matter how much you use the "original languages" or Baptist doctrine to wrest the verse.

To this I respond with my earlier posting:

On 8/9/2021 at 12:14 PM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

I say ANY view of different gospels is FALSEHOOD.  In fact, I myself have fought firmly (some might even say, fiercely) right here on Online Baptist against the viewpoint of "different gospels for different dispensations."  

21 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

As I stated in my earlier posting, I myself do firmly stand against and have firmly (fiercely) contended against any such idea concerning "different kinds of gospel."

There is ONLY one gospel unto eternal salvation from sin, from the beginning of human sin unto the end of time - It is the gospel of repentant faith in the grace of God through the saving work of His Messiah/Christ.  (Not every dispensation has had all of the revealed details of historical event or soteriological doctrine, but every dispensation has possessed this foundational gospel.)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I consider myself a Dispensationalist, I have no issues with holding to 3 "Gospels". As long as you understand they are at different times. 

C.I. Scofield mentions 4.

There is only 1 gospel for the Church Age, or "Dispensation of Grace", and it is found in 1 Corinthians 15 starting in verse 1. 

Steven Anderson is strongly against Dispensational Theology, and is a part of the Documentary titled "Dispensation of Heresy" on Youtube produced by Bruce Mejia. He is completely against Scofield, Darby, and Larkin. Possibly as far as you can get from a Dispensationalist. 

• Members
On 8/8/2021 at 11:58 PM, mbkjpreacher said:

The Dispensationalists believe many kinds of gospel and different plans of salvation such as the Steven Andersonites and many of his followers.  They think that salvation of the 12 apostles is different in requirement than that of Paul, and that Matthew Mark and Luke is teaching a different gospel and requisite of salvation than that of John.  What can you say about this.  

One Gospel.  

One , Two, Three, Four, or more Dispensations.   No worries in truth.  

No contradiction. (unless added by man, demons, doctrines, whatever).

• Members
34 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

One Gospel.  

One , Two, Three, Four, or more Dispensations.   No worries in truth.  

No contradiction. (unless added by man, demons, doctrines, whatever).

My question is are there many kinds of gospel not many dispensations.